You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Doctorie

need stats showing how many caps also more points for being in cap

9 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
8 posts
5,648 battles

Why should I bother spending most of the game hidden as a place holder in a cap..it is worth nothing to me and worth everything to everyone else. While they mostly go off not helping at the cap and getting kills and doing damage me and enemy dd sit there stalemate holding the cap. No close support for anti air from cruisers...cv mostly just sending planes around edge of map to get their kills.  To top it off you have cruisers and Bb telling DD go here..go there...do this. Make it worth all this trouble to play DD. better yet give me a choice of playing standard battle and Id never play anything else. let BB and cruisers try to cap without DD around.

3100 games as a DD. 

520 posts
11,123 battles

Capping is the Lifeblood of the game. Its the main objective and everything else, revolves on the capzones.

If you cap, you get more XP and you greatly contribute to the win of the team.

What more motivation will you still need to accomplish the objective?:)

[WOWMY]
347 posts
16,863 battles

Yep i agree, most of time you get no support from team. Very few time I get nice cover from an allied cruiser, and very rare lately to get CV focus their FF to help u chase away enemy FF spotting the cap zone. That... is the meta for playing DD lately.

For me bro.. I just play it.. if can cap, i cap, if team dont bother i wander away.. score some damage from torp attack. But if you expect a BB to cap.. its most likely wont succeed. Very few cruiser can cap too..depend on situation and their concealment. Fiji can, belfast can, maybe a few others.. I dunno. But mainly.. that is our job while playing DD.. brace it. And hope those xxxxxxx cv player and cruiser will change their mind and help you.

Beta Tester
8 posts
5,648 battles

you get little for capping...just since this post 7 ships left per team..I cap the base in standard..we win..I get little of nothing

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

You can kill 5 damage but still get only 1k exp for losing

While you can do nothing but spot and capping and get like 2k for winning the match

Super Tester
7,512 posts
7,978 battles

You can kill 5 damage but still get only 1k exp for losing

While you can do nothing but spot and capping and get like 2k for winning the match

Not anymore though. I think XP gain got reduced again.

Beta Tester
8 posts
5,648 battles

...it would be nice if I could see how many flags ive capped and assisted in capping

there is some stats that is not in publi viewed stats says something about capping..says 29%

Edited by Doctorie

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

so I get more xp for winning..so just hide behind islands like most everyone else till someone else wins the game

that's what we call

CONTRIBUTING TO TEAM LOSE

AKA

PASSIVE PLAY

that's violating the rule

please stop being lazy and negative

Edited by Harpoon01

83 posts
3,463 battles

that's what we call

CONTRIBUTING TO TEAM LOSE

AKA

PASSIVE PLAY

that's violating the rule

please stop being lazy and negative

​It could be argued against in regards to epicentre and you're hiding to either preventing a counter cap or preventing point gain in order to let your team focus on killing their ships without having to worry about being overrun by points. It's a lazy way to help, but it's technically still helping