You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
GrimmReaperr

Turned into a game of chance

18 comments in this topic

5 posts
4,125 battles

This game is getting to be just a game of chance and often the better games are cut short.

Every now and then I am asked to rate it but nowhere to put why its rated at the level i decide so what use is a rating?

C'mon if you are serious about giving a great game then get serious about feedback.

5 posts
4,125 battles

Oh and a 46% really depends on what you call a win as I may lose but if i sink more than 1 ship or cause a lot more destruction than my loss then its a personal win.

Stats are only as good as what you choose to record. Some people try to play the game 13kms away other 3kms, 

Question, is it a victory if you score 1k destruction and you are on the winning side or is it a victory if you cause 60k destruction and on a losing side?

Super Tester
7,586 posts
8,005 battles

Oh and a 46% really depends on what you call a win as I may lose but if i sink more than 1 ship or cause a lot more destruction than my loss then its a personal win.

Stats are only as good as what you choose to record. Some people try to play the game 13kms away other 3kms, 

Question, is it a victory if you score 1k destruction and you are on the winning side or is it a victory if you cause 60k destruction and on a losing side?

You need to play more. Your stats are not good enough to form an opinion. Also, a win is a win, a loss is a loss. No one will ask you what it means to you. The sun may look like moon to you, but it doesn't matter.
Edited by icy_phoenix

5 posts
4,125 battles

You need to play more. Your stats are not good enough to form an opinion. Also, a win is a win, a loss is a loss. No one will ask you what it means to you. The sun may look like moon to you, but it doesn't matter.

So to the Whine comment, Have you rate that everything is ok in this game?

I did say that you get a chance to rate but not a chance to say why you rated and you think this is a great way to work out if the game is ok??

To the "Play more", I would think that you want more players to play but sounds like you don't want to help them along, I by the looks of it you are not on your own, like most things that are competitive 1 idea is to manage the newer players but sounds like you would want then as cannon fodder.

I feel sorry for these poor people who go through life like sheep, never question why instead just do as you do, forever missing the opportunity. Yes its a game but then I gave up game programming a while ago and used the skills for making money instead. 

There is luck, excitement, and skill in this game and the ones who p2p will always get better available ships but in all fairness I think the granularity is probably less than ideal so i will play occasionally and most often or not I will think of the kind souls here who took their time to express their views. 

I guess we wont meet unless you lower yourself to my level or if you do you could introduce your self before blasting me to bits

Super Tester
7,586 posts
8,005 battles

I did say that you get a chance to rate but not a chance to say why you rated and you think this is a great way to work out if the game is ok??

To the "Play more", I would think that you want more players to play but sounds like you don't want to help them along, I by the looks of it you are not on your own, like most things that are competitive 1 idea is to manage the newer players but sounds like you would want then as cannon fodder.

I feel sorry for these poor people who go through life like sheep, never question why instead just do as you do, forever missing the opportunity. Yes its a game but then I gave up game programming a while ago and used the skills for making money instead. 

There is luck, excitement, and skill in this game and the ones who p2p will always get better available ships but in all fairness I think the granularity is probably less than ideal so i will play occasionally and most often or not I will think of the kind souls here who took their time to express their views. 

I guess we wont meet unless you lower yourself to my level or if you do you could introduce your self before blasting me to bits

Before writing big paragraphs, you should realize the context I replied to. It was on your idea of winning and you dragged it to something else. Well done!

Do we think the game is OK? Of course not. Nothing is perfect. But my reply was not regarding to that. So either learn to read or try to make more sense with the replies. You are free to express your view, just make sure you don't sound like a spoiled brat.

Also, the reason why I told you to play more, your opinion will change as you play along more and more. That's all. Now if you find that offensive, I have nothing to do, nor that I will apologize for that or something similar.

Edited by icy_phoenix

520 posts
11,127 battles

If you feel bad about your games, just play a bit more.  With a few hundred battles to your credit, like what was said earlier, its just not enough to form a general opinion on the game for the following reasons.

-  You are still learning, perhaps its the driver that needs improvement, not the game itself.

-  You are playing among people who may be struggling to play the game and are still starting, like yourself.  

-  You have not played enough with competent players to effectively apply all the basic principles of the game

-  As you go up the tiers, tactics will change due to the better competency of your teammates and the opposition, by then... you should have grasped the basic principles of the game and are prepared for advanced "WASD" applications.

Game of Chance?  perhaps... BUT.... with experience.. you CAN turn things around in many instances.

Good luck, and just have fun.

Edited by kultabashi

[AUSNZ]
[AUSNZ]
Super Tester
1,039 posts
7,704 battles

Back to the OPs question. Yes i think it would be beneficial to have a free text or reasons why you rate that match as you did.

It could have been dissatified if you did lots of damage but had two afk/bot BBs or extremely happy even if you lost but did over 100k damage in a weak ship.

Expanding the reasons may help more.

[MEGA]
4,575 posts
17,576 battles

WHEEEEEEEEEEE IM BACK

to the OP, by "game of chance" i do agree with you somewhat at low tiers, to make dispersion work on BBs you need to get much closer to the enemy then in higher tiers, that being said, it's ridiculous that you would rate the game "a game of chance' based on 1.5k PVE and 150 PVP at battles, and only reaching T5 to boot, if you want to be taken seriously by the forum you need to earn credibility and you record shows none. that being said you started with a rant so i highly doubt you want to have a nice civilized discussion anyways, so meh

5 posts
4,125 battles

Ahh it is sad but true, but then we all start somewhere and we all make an opinion at some time.

And with that opinion there is always someone ready to blast it.

The reason is clear to why I said what i did and it worked wonderfully. It made you answer.

As I said at the level I am at what have i got to look forward to and i wouldn't be the only one who thinks this at about now. This is why it pays to nurture the lower life players to help them stick around to give the higher players someone to blast.

I congratulate your skills to make it as far as you have and I will continue to play my game of rush and will continue to waste and be wasted but not with BS's or CV's. My stats will always be lower as to raise them would be boring.

Alpha Tester
184 posts
2,083 battles

Skills are acquired over time. Watch videos to improve your skills, try different things and you will become better. It adds to the fun of trying something different else you will soon get bored of the same play-style. Focus on learning more and having fun, forget stats and forget that you are new. Post queries and players will give tips which will help and make it more positive for you.