Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Fear_the_Reaper

Gee thanks for nothing...

7 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
771 posts
1,374 battles

I have been trying to have a go at this game for bloody months, i submitted my entry as soon as they opened for this round of BETA testing and nope, not even a reply to tell me i did not make the cut, only thing i did receive is this:

Dear Fear_the_Reaper!

Thank you for signing up to participate in the World of Warships Closed Beta.
While your submission is in process, you can discuss World of Warships with the game's developers and other players awaiting Beta access on the official World of Warships forum . Once you are selected to participate in Closed Beta, we will send you an invite using the email address you provided during the application process with all the necessary instructions on beginning testing.
Welcome to the community!

Gee thanks for telling me i was accepted into the BETA then never providing any further information until it is closed and i have no chance of playing the game, appreciate that. (The one about there being a download link in the email you sent me, HAHAH CLASSIC!)

I am getting completely over the idea of world of warships,  Seeing people like jingles and quickybaby have hours and hours of fun playing this game while im simply not allowed to even look at it is extremely bloody frustrating.

"ooo these people have subscribers on youtube so lets give them free access whenever we do this because screw anyone else who plays the game haha"

Edited by Fear_the_Reaper

[PANZA]
Senior Moderator
820 posts
932 battles

I have been trying to have a go at this game for bloody months, i submitted my entry as soon as they opened for this round of BETA testing and nope, not even a reply to tell me i did not make the cut, only thing i did receive is this:

Dear Fear_the_Reaper!

Thank you for signing up to participate in the World of Warships Closed Beta.
While your submission is in process, you can discuss World of Warships with the game's developers and other players awaiting Beta access on the official World of Warships forum . Once you are selected to participate in Closed Beta, we will send you an invite using the email address you provided during the application process with all the necessary instructions on beginning testing.
Welcome to the community!

Gee thanks for telling me i was accepted into the BETA then never providing any further information until it is closed and i have no chance of playing the game, appreciate that. (The one about there being a download link in the email you sent me, HAHAH CLASSIC!)

I am getting completely over the idea of world of warships,  Seeing people like jingles and quickybaby have hours and hours of fun playing this game while im simply not allowed to even look at it is extremely bloody frustrating.

"ooo these people have subscribers on youtube so lets give them free access whenever we do this because screw anyone else who plays the game haha"

There has been ample opportunities to join up  - Participating in one of the two Beta Weekend events would have ensured a Closed Beta Tester slot, and as stated in the announcement of  CBT a submissiions page for Applications was actiove at CBT start.

If you applied via the portal for CBT when the submissions page was active at the start of CBT, you would have received an email stating your application had been received. If you then got accepted, you would have received a second email with details on how to download the client.

If you only received the first email after submitting your application, you are in the pool of potential Closed Beta Testers, and can be selected later on. Applications are chosen randomly from the pool, during the times when the Devs want to increase the amount of testers. This is done in batches, over the course of the CBT phase.

Just because you didn't get accepted in the first batch, doesn't mean you wont get accepted later. But if you prefer to stand by your whinge post above, I am sure the staff can remove your application if you submitted one, from the pool of potential Closed Beta Test participants.

Beta Tester
771 posts
1,374 battles

There has been ample opportunities to join up  - Participating in one of the two Beta Weekend events would have ensured a Closed Beta Tester slot, and as stated in the announcement of  CBT a submissiions page for Applications was actiove at CBT start.

If you applied via the portal for CBT when the submissions page was active at the start of CBT, you would have received an email stating your application had been received. If you then got accepted, you would have received a second email with details on how to download the client.

If you only received the first email after submitting your application, you are in the pool of potential Closed Beta Testers, and can be selected later on. Applications are chosen randomly from the pool, during the times when the Devs want to increase the amount of testers. This is done in batches, over the course of the CBT phase.

Just because you didn't get accepted in the first batch, doesn't mean you wont get accepted later. But if you prefer to stand by your whinge post above, I am sure the staff can remove your application if you submitted one, from the pool of potential Closed Beta Test participants.

You can do what ever you want AALG i can not stop you :/ I stand by my right to vent my frustrations.

Super Tester
1,177 posts
4,099 battles

You can do what ever you want AALG i can not stop you :/ I stand by my right to vent my frustrations.

You have the right to vent your frustrations. Just don't be surprised that other people can't sympathise with you after reading your comments, or in some cases, no longer feel like helping you.

The right to speech doesn't excuse you from the consequences of your speech.

Edited by benlisquare

32 posts
87 battles

Reaper, we get you're frustrated in not getting into the CBT. Heck, I went away for 24hrs and missed the application window, so I didn't even get a chance to apply. And yes, it looks noice and shiny.

Just wait. And as AALG said, there's a good chance there could be another opportunity to get into the CBT. The devs are trying to iron out problems in this game before they release it, not entertain us. 

But, if they don't need more CBTesters, it will get to open beta sometime. I'm playing Civ V whilst I wait for an opportunity to play this and Some Other GameTM. And even on occasion, WoT (meh).

Oh, a small point... Jingles has stated that he's pretty sure that he didn't get into the alpha test for WoWS specifically because of his criticism of World of Warplanes. You can make of that as you please. When I first played WoT, it was like I'd been waiting most of my life to play a game like that. So, if I can wait 35 years, you can surely be patient for a couple of months.

Edited by __Minion__

Sign in to follow this