You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
ilikepie1

How do you exactly ᵍᶦᵗᵍᵘᵈᵀᴹ in this game

35 comments in this topic

[HMASW]
1,555 posts

Make a circle with the right hand, make another circle with the left hand... Wax on, wax off...

Move your right arm up to face height, then move it down, repeat action with left arm. Move the wrists as you reach top & bottom... Paint the fence..... Up.... Down.....

move hands in a sweeping inwards motion, first right, then left... Practice.... Sand the floor...

Move right hand towards your left side then back... Then use left hand towards your right side.  Practice this by repeating.   Paint the house... Side to side...

Then practice balance, on the bow of a boat.... Then at the beach in a pier post..... On one leg at a time..... Crane technique....

That's how to GIT GUD ™

Oh yeah, don't forget to be beaten up by biker boys who happen to be better than you, makes it more authentic to your eventual rise.

:medal:

Ordrazz

2,252 posts
13,967 battles

Actually I think you first need to learn how to survive. Then you need to learn how to give your life up expensively.

Super Tester
2,725 posts

Simple & not rocket science to do: 

- Know your ship's detection range & gun range.

- Read the battle's line up

- Know your ship's role on the match.

- Always assess the situation from start until the end of the battle.

- Get information (let your allies spot the enemy), read the map, predict & make a decision of the situation.

- Never go full speed from start of the battle, match with the teammates' speed or go slower.

[LBAS]
Beta Tester
345 posts

1. Log off the game,

2. Buy a punching bag and hang it in your room

3. Put green symbol of WoWs on the punching bag.

4. Punch the bag if loses a game.

5. if all of the above fails, go outside.

oh that's how you reduce stress.. sorry.

I don't know how actually as I am still learning how to git gud.

Edited by spixys

Super Tester
730 posts
3,260 battles

If you're on a losing streak - log off and come back later

If you are always being deleted - play defensively (Defensively doesn't mean camping from the back of the map. Play like how you would play the Pensacola)

If you can't play anything well - pick one and play the ship exclusively for 1k+ battles, eventually you'll get to a point where you magically ᵍᶦᵗᵍᵘᵈᵀᴹ

If you are hungry -

697 posts
7,541 battles

There are some God like players who can play well in every ships... but I guess most of us don't :P

Anyway...

1. Yes, always read the map. Aware of your surrounding. Where are your allies, where are the enemies, how should you move into engagement, what,should you do if you are detected and people start firing at you. Plan ahead.

2. Know your ship strong points and weak points.

3. Try to learn from other players. Yeah it's kind of difficult if you don't have friends who are more experienced to guide you, but you may ask randomly in battle. Some will reply, interprete those and try to apply if relevant.

4. After sunk/win/lose, think back what you did good bad, how to improve. Observe others playing and see what they do. Try to understand why are they such a move ETC.

66 posts
2,142 battles

how do i "gitgud" when I'm being killed by salvos coming out of the middle of map and from behind islands when im not being detected??

How can they aim at you when you are not being detected!

455 posts
8,038 battles

how do i "gitgud" when I'm being killed by salvos coming out of the middle of map and from behind islands when im not being detected??

How can they aim at you when you are not being detected!

GitGud

[LLBC]
747 posts
6,923 battles

Open new account every time you lost a battle.

Alternatively, you could also re-roll every time you lost a battle.

You punish yourself harder for losing a match, by losing all your progresses you previously made in the game. :trollface:

[AMPOL]
Beta Tester
187 posts
6,597 battles

Have a plan, don't just wait to see what the enemy does, make them react to you and what your doing, don't just sail in until you see something to shoot and let rip. For DD captains learn NOT to launch torps if there are friendlies in front of you, especially if your torps are say 8km range and the enemy is 15km away lol. 

381 posts
9,976 battles

Alternatively, you could also re-roll every time you lost a battle.

You punish yourself harder for losing a match, by losing all your progresses you previously made in the game. :trollface:

Remind me of hardcore mode in Diablo 2 :B

66 posts
2,142 battles

GitGud

Part of gitgud is also knowing that most people are just dumbells who will rather tell you you sucks than offer advice

Super Tester
7,765 posts
8,043 battles

Part of gitgud is also knowing that most people are just dumbells who will rather tell you you sucks than offer advice

No one has time to write a lot of texts that has been said over and over again. However, if anyone is looking, the new comer zone is a good place for suggestions and help as there trolling and gitgud posts are forbidden.
Edited by icy_phoenix