DogBolter

Where is HMAS Perth?

25 comments in this topic

66 posts
1,565 battles

Hi

New player, looking for a premium ship. I actually started off on the British Cruiser line and am doing ok (I think) and being Australian, the Perth is a must have, but I cant find the thing in the premium shop

Suggestions??

Thanks

1,479 posts

Wait until it comes around again in the premium shop, generally the premium ships rotate in & out of the shop every week or 2,  so just have to sit back & be patient....

Blow up enemies in WOWS while you wait...     :playing:    :child:

Ordrazz

66 posts
1,565 battles

So they don't just leave them in their shop? Seems an odd decision....I want to give their business money and they wont let me @.@

[AUHAX]
27 posts
3,093 battles

When you verse somepne and go i really like that ship makes you want it all that more when it comes around again or if your lucky enough you can win one in super containers

1,479 posts

It creates ongoing interest for the players, to keep coming back to the shop to see what's there, its actually good business strategy, it creates demand for ships, also good ongoing income for the shop, as there are always new players like yourself coming in, they see what's available, get them, or wait... While they are there they can also get flag special specials, premium time, doubloons etc...

It also demonstrates to everyone that the game & its players are tenderly cared for by the WG developers, by constantly rotating & adding stock.

I'm currently out of money myself, & I'm waiting on ships, so I'll just wait until they come around again... Hopefully I'll have money when they do.

Cheers,

Ordrazz

66 posts
1,565 battles

just got the Emerald...rethinking the whole RN line, its just painful how squishy this thing is and how bad the armament is. It sprays ammo everywhere and when it does hit the damage is underwhelming, and the torps are pretty useless at 6km range

Edited by DogBolter

66 posts
1,565 battles

ill go one further, its a bucket of $*(*@. destroyers are far moresurvivable than these things. destroyer do more goddam damage to british cruisers with their deck guns that the cruiser does to a destroyer

Beta Tester
823 posts
4,954 battles

British Cruisers eventually turn into a line that relies on their smoke/concealment to survive. While dealing good damage with AP shells that can pen even battleships front on.

Super Tester
730 posts
3,239 battles

Truth be told, the Emerald is a diamond in the rough. She prepares you well for what's to come, and while she's not the best tier V cruiser, her rapid AP means on islands with islands (new dawn, archipelago, hotspot etc.) you can do plenty of damage to pretty much anything. Keep your AP spamming to the superstructures as the small caliber AP can't do much unless you're under 8km facing broadsiding cruisers (only then you will be able to citadel reliably enough). Do not broadside any enemies, as they can and will citadel you (remember? she's squishy). If you need help, div up with other players, or move as a team so you can F3/F7 and get the supportive fire when you need it (but most importantly to let the enemy have something else to shoot at).

Perth should be coming soon, hasn't seen her around in the shop for a while...

66 posts
1,565 battles

I'm not getting killed just in broadside shots, im getting pretty much 1 ashotted from any angle

I even got killed by an enemy outside of spotting range of any friendly, and while i wasn't being spotted by the enemy. A single broadside came over an island in front of me, out of a rain squall and blew me apart in 2 hits.

Ive had these AP shells miss a stationary cruiser at under 3km. He had rammed up against and island and was trying to reverse. 2 hit out of the 5 round burst, the rest went over or into the water.

And why do the torps have less range than the campbelltowns when they are the same ones???

66 posts
1,565 battles

it just happened again, 27000 hitpoint gone, wasnt being detected by anything. i saw the shells laucnh from the middle of a clear patch of water and hit me, i had full health. gone in a single salvo-

[1NATN]
286 posts
5,223 battles

Emerald is a contender for worst ship in the game imo. I had good games in it, but it required the enemy team to be brain-dead enough to let me get in torp range unscathed.

Leander (and Perth) are a lot, lot better. Hang in there till you get to T6 and things will improve.

Edited by Webba84

66 posts
1,565 battles

i hope so, the step from tier 4 to 5 is mental. You go from being semi competitve to being a seal to be clubbed by everything

[1NATN]
286 posts
5,223 battles

It's actually pretty much like that no matter what ship you have, since T4 will never see T6 ships, but T5 can see up to T7 (good luck fighting a Scharnhorst in an Emerald lol). 

One good thing the Emerald can teach you is how to survive. Keep alive until the endgame and you have a much better chance of doing something useful.

[SIF]
Super Tester
3,824 posts
4,091 battles

I had my emerald during the Christmas missions and got given the Leander.  it changes from T6.   A fun line if you just use your brains.  Smoke is life in the RN line.   Broadside in view is death.   

66 posts
1,565 battles

I get what the devs are after with the british cruiser line, but they dont give them anything other than token stuff to make it happen. 5 second smoke, no aicraft despite having the catapult, none of the rapid fire and accuracy that british cruiser or RN in general had, but its got all the squishy drawbacks

It like they went into a facebook argument about the royal anvy and got their info from there 

[AUSNZ]
[AUSNZ]
Super Tester
1,039 posts
7,702 battles

The leander and fiji are awesome for the RNCL. The emerald is decent but difficult at times versus the higher tiers.

The perth though is awesome. Great HE with AP and its smoke at 1/4 speed makes it unique.

Its drawback is a 3 minute wait for a new smoke the RNCl is only one minute or so once its depleted

980 posts
12,617 battles

Krasny Krym is a great ship for beginners to learn the basics of cruiser play. Dont bother with the Perth. 

Edited by LordTyphoon

317 posts
6,852 battles

Emerald is the grind of the British Navy. Everything about it was painful. So much so i resented playing it and took months to get to the Leander. But i'll say this. The Leander is a fantastic ship and the Fiji even more so. It was a pleasure to get to know the Leander after the Emerald. So far i'm really enjoying my time with the Fiji. I don't think i would ever sell my Fiji - it's that good.

Smoke play and using the terrain will be your main play style, and always have an exit strategy. 

If you can, free XP past the Emerald. Too long on that ship will put you off playing RN Cruisers. If you can't then the effort is worth the reward.