You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
shimakazerun

What's wrong to Montana?

14 comments in this topic

Alpha Tester
75 posts
4,186 battles

Just Update the PT client to 0.6.6 and found Montana's Deck was just cut down to 29 mm ?

1.png

You know even 8 inch guns' HE shell could easily penetrate a 29 mm deck and it could be compulsory penetrate by Yamato's 460 mm and G.K's 420 mm guns.

That makes the ship totally a piece of shit.

If that is a balance of reduce the height of the critical.I beg you don't make the change at all.

Besides,According both books by Norman Friedman and William Garzke & Robert Dulin the design of battleship Montana will have a bomb deck of 60# + 30# which is stand for 38 mm + 19 mm.

2.png3.png4.png 

As we all know that the thickness of the STS on US warships was usually multiple of 10#.A 29 mm deck means some like 46#.And that doesn't make sense.

Anther problem is that.Both of these books thought that the main armor belt of Montana at amidships will be sloped at 19° just like it was on Iowa or South Dakota.

But reading the model files of WOWS.the Armor slop was reduced to 13° to 16°.5.png6.png And if that is a mistake.I wish you guys would fix it some days.

1.png

2.png

3.png

4.png

5.png

6.png

Video Contributor
860 posts
10,965 battles

You see, if your target audience are the less skilled playerbase, they won't notice or even realize the deck armor nerf because all they care is the lowered citadel height.

Super Tester
7,793 posts
8,043 battles

I wonder how long will it take for the potatoes and dummies and USA master race fanbois to realize that this will be the biggest nerf in the history of USN since their independence....

Muh citadel lowered.... jumps up in joy so hard that fail to realize their pants dropped.

Citadel buff on high tier USN BBs isn't needed at all for players with brains. I hope it doesn't happen.

Edited by icy_phoenix

[LLBC]
747 posts
6,928 battles

There are some crap-storm already going on in the Reddit about the deck nerf: https://www.reddit.com/r/WorldOfWarships/comments/6cpes5/montana_deck_armor_nerfed_in_066/

If this went live though, I guess the montana's only viable defense is the suicide 0km torps that deals 96300 dmg (99800 dmg with survivability expert). :trollface:

2,260 posts
14,003 battles

I've always considered their decks to be worthless regardless. HE spam has always been a problem, but if I understand how these things work it is now slightly less of a threat to bow and stern with the pools being reduced. I don't imagine it will make that much difference.

1,859 posts
5,797 battles

nope nope nope

No citadel buff pls

the ship only needs more deck armour to counter HE... Well that isn't like THAT needed either

I have the Montana it has no problem angling against even Yamato. Unless long range deck pen that says lol **** you

[LLBC]
747 posts
6,928 battles

On the other note, the citadel changes to Iowa/Montana in its current form is still not exactly the same as the North Carolina. The Montana's citadel deck space is covered entirely in 19mm armor, and the Iowa's is covered by 16mm on midsection and 25mm forward and after. In contrast, North Carolina's is covered by 19mm midsection and 43mm forward and after.

This means:

1. North carolina is vulnerable to shells (11+ inches) penetrating belt and overmatch into the citadel, but only is when shell falls into the midsection of the ship.

2. Montana/Iowa is still vulnerable to 15+ inches shells overmatch into citadel after penetrating belt, with the vulnerable area the same as where the citadel is once was.

3. In Iowa's case, the 16mm midsection citadel is also vulnerable to being overmatched by Henri-IV's 240mm shells.

So, the new citadels of Montana/Iowa are still not quite the same level of protection North Carolina has.

NKALGAB.pngATqYyxn.png

225 posts
8,341 battles

i hope this is just bug....

if they really nerf her deck armor just for lowering her citadel, i prefer her current condition right now, high cit but good deck armor....

just dont show your broadside ....

[LLBC]
747 posts
6,928 battles

Not planned, not going to happen. The armor deck will be restored before release. Thanks for the report. Cheers!

https://www.reddit.com/r/WorldOfWarships/comments/6cpes5/montana_deck_armor_nerfed_in_066/

Sub_Octavian said that the 29mm Montana deck armor is not going to happen again for now. Please disperse.

please-disperse.gif

Edited by Admiral_Neptulussus

112 posts
1,553 battles

I'm getting a bad feeling about this, the high tier USN BB line isn't looking very promising.

Was the ship overperforming before the nerf:? Did they give any explanation why:?

[K-O-F]
10 posts
9,090 battles

What i want is buff the menuverbility ! the current armor deck citadel all is quite good now. 

[LLBC]
747 posts
6,928 battles

I'm getting a bad feeling about this, the high tier USN BB line isn't looking very promising.

Was the ship overperforming before the nerf:? Did they give any explanation why:?

What i want is buff the menuverbility ! the current armor deck citadel all is quite good now. 

ok so they are going to Nerf the USN BB Armor?

then they should buff the Dispersion too Since both have the Most Accurate Guns In World War 2 . Parley?

No, no, no. The 29mm armor going to be fixed back to 38mm per Sub_Octavian's post if you ever read the reddit post.