You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Skarhabek

La Galissionaire is Nurnberg Mk2..... so crap -_- ..... please switch Emile Bertin for T6 ship instead....

23 comments in this topic

1,105 posts

that WoWs Stat are for real! La Galissionaire is the worst ship in French line! and its T6 which is make it as same as worst as Nurnberg.....

just take a look!

- max speed from Emile Bertin is 39 knot..... in La Galissionaire you have only 31 knot!

- Torpedo...... from 2x3 to 2x2 ? what?

- where is my catapult fighter? well..okay you got speed buff that is useless since Emile Bertin is faster without speed buff

- same caliber with -2 sec reload..... is this significant? since you facing T8 ship....

- the HE usually did non penetration AGAINTS T8 BB STRUCTURE -_- i cannt burnt them.....

- AADF? WHERE IS THE CV??? Use hydro for DD hunt.... killed by T8 DD in close combat -_-

AND 70K xp grinding for Algerie..... the storm is begin! RIP WIN RATE :ohmy:

just saying Git GUD WONT WORK,,,,, 

anyone play french line too?

Super Tester
730 posts
3,260 battles

I don't find myself using much torpedoes at higher tiers (unless you are in JPDD Atago) so in terms of that she works out fine for me. Get IFHE, keep your range, and be a discount atlanta. Racks up damage quite easily. Remember to push strategically as you're at a speed disadvantage and won't be able to do hit and runs as well. Prepares you well for the Algerie though...

Super Tester
2,725 posts

- same caliber with -2 sec reload..... is this significant? since you facing T8 ship....

- the HE usually did non penetration AGAINTS T8 BB STRUCTURE -_- i cannt burnt them.....

- AADF? WHERE IS THE CV??? Use hydro for DD hunt.... killed by T8 DD in close combat -_-

Oh boy... I guess this is one of those common complaints again, right? Complain for being a bottom tier of the match. Actually enjoyed when the player is a top tier.

Simple & not rocket science to do, always assess the situation from start until the end of the battle. Get info (let your allies spot the enemy), read the map, predict & make a decision of the situation.

Never go full speed from start of the battle, go with the battleships or support the destroyers from a distance.

Never had issue playing Nurnberg, Aoba, Budyonny & even La Galissionaire. I simply review & know my ships before I start the battle.

[KGHSF]
3,250 posts
6,211 battles

Yeah you know what I already [bleep] off 

when I reach 70k exp then immediate sell away This life I will remember until death  

1,386 posts
8,352 battles

that WoWs Stat are for real! La Galissionaire is the worst ship in French line! and its T6 which is make it as same as worst as Nurnberg.....

just take a look!

- max speed from Emile Bertin is 39 knot..... in La Galissionaire you have only 31 knot!

- Torpedo...... from 2x3 to 2x2 ? what?

- where is my catapult fighter? well..okay you got speed buff that is useless since Emile Bertin is faster without speed buff

anyone play french line too?

LaG is not a good ship, but

1. Speed boost consumable means +-15% speed change, that means a huge difference in gunnery directing. Use it wise and it gives more than simply 39 knots.

2. Does anyone seriously use torps as main armament of cruisers?

3. Does catapult fighter matter much? There's DAAF.

4. That's significant.

5. Alpha piercing HE=25mm. If you think it can't penetrate T8 BB superstructure, you are not hitting it. Means you need more gunnery practice. Also if you have enough points, get IFHE.

6. Div CV and pick DAAF so it will be of use. Or div US DD, ask him to give you smoke, and use hydro when sitting in it.

7. In still gonna say it

GIT       G U D

Edited by _Halcyon

[LBAS]
4,593 posts
26,030 battles

I guess this is one of those common complaints again, right?

well, among T6 CA/CL La Galissonniere is the first bad ship ever in game

1,105 posts

Angry posting intensifies

i am not angry but raging right now

I don't find myself using much torpedoes at higher tiers (unless you are in JPDD Atago) so in terms of that she works out fine for me. Get IFHE, keep your range, and be a discount atlanta. Racks up damage quite easily. Remember to push strategically as you're at a speed disadvantage and won't be able to do hit and runs as well. Prepares you well for the Algerie though...

9 KM of French Cruiser is actually so good in a lot of island map, it can be used for expell DD as well from the smoke... but 2x2?

Simple & not rocket science to do, always assess the situation from start until the end of the battle. Get info (let your allies spot the enemy), read the map, predict & make a decision of the situation.

well.... the real problem is that non penetration from attacking BB superstructure. it deal 0 damage and I NEED XP TO RUSH Charles Martel... that is why da hell is start here. Nurnberg is stil the worst though, it did non penetration to againts higher tier and dispersion is crap. bw can you share good commander skill beside IFHE for French ?

Never had issue playing Nurnberg, Aoba, Budyonny & even La Galissionaire. I simply review & know my ships before I start the battle.

Aoba and Budyonny is a bad ship too? well, thanks for sharing :read_fish:

Yeah you know what I already [bleep] off 

when I reach 70k exp then immediate sell away This life I will remember until death  

wow you reaching it too? congrats bro for crossing the hell at tier 6.

LaG is not a good ship, but

1. Speed boost consumable means +-15% speed change, that means a huge difference in gunnery directing. Use it wise and it gives more than simply 39 knots.

2. Does anyone seriously use torps as main armament of cruisers?

3. Does catapult fighter matter much? There's DAAF.

5. Alpha piercing HE=25mm. If you think it can't penetrate T8 BB superstructure, you are not hitting it. Means you need more gunnery practice. Also if you have enough points, get IFHE.

1. i am running out of speed boost (with Speed Boost 2) so i need commander skill, and too bad i am not taking special uprade for speed.  am really regretting it, why i take the fire camo instead of speed boost upgrade :( 

[i am actively engangin enemy, and because the long range of gun, i always spotted]

2. 9 KM are so nice!

3. i want both of AADF and Catapult fighter. beside looking at launched Catapult plane are so fun!

5. may be i am not hiting it. but if i got Algerie, do the IFHE still relevant? its decreasing burn chance by 3%!

Super Tester
562 posts
4,462 battles

I've just finished the Tier 6 and have the tier 7 in garage ready to go when I feel like continuing up the line. (possibly never as the Russian DD's are simply better versions of these ships).

Anyway, unless you like spending gold on respecking a captain IFHE sounds like a good idea (if you have a 10 point captain) but the Algerie upwards have at least 203's so you have to decide if it's worth your while as it's impact falls of. The ship itself lacks a lot after the Emile, and with Emile's buff to 39 knots she definitely looks to be a lot more enjoyable to run. (I ran her prior to the buff). Unfortunately you cannot play the La Galissonaire aggressively, she's a support ship, don't stop moving unless you're behind cover and unseen and ideally never be there main focus. Torps are basically there as window dressing, throw them in cap or into smoke to deter ships from the area.

Make sure you switch between ammo types, these guns are excellent so if you can use AP then use it! In fact I found better results against BB's with AP than HE. French HE shell strength is really weak and I find it prone to shattering. Starts fires though if it gets through, but it only gets the chance if it doesn't shatter. If you just stick to HE (without IFHE) it's gonna be a tough grind.

Not having a spotter/fighter is a pain, and having a rarely used DFAA is a real waste (though I always had it available) but you just make the best out of what you have. Unfortunately you really have to use all premium consumable's for the extra playing comfort and it absolutely needs those extra speed boosts.

However all said and done I never minded playing her, she's just not a ship that's particularly easy to get the best out of.

Good luck

Edited by Ensign_Brendoonigan

Super Tester
2,725 posts

For French commander, the very basic for cruiser: Priority Target > Expert Marksman > Demolition Expert > Concealment Expert

Demolition Expert is when you get your higher tier ship with 203mm gun, because I noticed it's 15% fire chance & 22% fire chance on T7~9 ships & Henri IV, respectively.

Concealment Expert is for your usual issue getting spotted early.

I never take IFHE perk, because that would ruined my purpose of burning enemy ships at ease.

[SGC]
197 posts
10,427 battles

I never take IFHE perk, because that would ruined my purpose of burning enemy ships at ease.

Train your commander with Demolition Expert; results to only -1% reduction to fire chance, whilst improving penetration by 30%. Use signal flags and overall fire chance is improved by +1%.

I'm planning to keep La Galissoniere, now I have a 12 pt captain w her. Once she reaches 15 points I'll train her with CE.

However all said and done I never minded playing her, she's just not a ship that's particularly easy to get the best out of.

YES, you are sooo right, man! But once you do manage to draw out her potential, it's actually a fulfilling experience. I'm gonna master this ship as a strict reminder to not be careless when using French cruisers.

Just so you know, I already got to Algerie before the French commander training boost even expired! However, I've decided to play up to tier 6 for now until I can master the playstyle; hence, my 100-match quota each from Friant to LaGal before moving onto higher tiers. It's not that hard to grind with La Gal so long as you follow certain rules of engagement WHICH i have already posted in a previous post of yours, so go read that up instead; I don't wanna repeat myself ^_^

IMO you need a minimum of 14/15 points to bring out LaGal's full potential.

Priority Target > Adrenaline Rush > Demolition Expert > Concealment Expert > IFHE = 14 points. Though IMO it would be better to go for IFHE first, because the 152s are crap against tier 8s, you'll need the extra punch.

What's the 15th point, you ask? Probably a minority opinion, but I've always found Incoming Fire Alert to be useful, because you will know the EXACT timing when shells are fired, and that it automatically means you have a minimum of 6 seconds to maneuver and dodge. It eases up on mental strain, and helps w WASD shell dodging hax, ESPECIALLY for a La Glass ship, such as herself (see what i did there? yeah, it's, it's a pun hahahaha)

Now that I think about it, I nominate "LaGlass" or just "Glass" to be La Galissoniere's nickname. Wyt?

Edited by seiji09

1,386 posts
8,352 battles

Train your commander with Demolition Expert; results to only -1% reduction to fire chance, whilst improving penetration by 30%. Use signal flags and overall fire chance is improved by +1%.

I'm planning to keep La Galissoniere, now I have a 12 pt captain w her. Once she reaches 15 points I'll train her with CE.

YES, you are sooo right, man! But once you do manage to draw out her potential, it's actually a fulfilling experience. I'm gonna master this ship as a strict reminder to not be careless when using French cruisers.

Just so you know, I already got to Algerie before the French commander training boost even expired! However, I've decided to play up to tier 6 for now until I can master the playstyle; hence, my 100-match quota each from Friant to LaGal before moving onto higher tiers. It's not that hard to grind with La Gal so long as you follow certain rules of engagement WHICH i have already posted in a previous post of yours, so go read that up instead; I don't wanna repeat myself ^_^

IMO you need a minimum of 14/15 points to bring out LaGal's full potential.

Priority Target > Expert Marksman > Demolition Expert > Concealment Expert > IFHE = 14 points. Though IMO it would be better to go for IFHE first, because the 152s are crap against tier 8s, you'll need the extra punch.

What's the 15th point, you ask? Probably a minority opinion, but I've always found Incoming Fire Alert to be useful, because you will know the EXACT timing when shells are fired, and that it automatically means you have a 6-second window to maneuver and dodge. It eases up on mental strain, and helps w WASD shell dodging hax, ESPECIALLY for a La Glass ship, such as herself (see what i did there? yeah, it's, it's a pun hahahaha)

I would go AR instead of EM for level 2. French 6" already have great transverse. 15secs/180°

[SGC]
197 posts
10,427 battles

I would go AR instead of EM for level 2. French 6" already have great transverse. 15secs/180°

OH YEAH! Didn't notice, it was EM hahaha. I just copied it from MingYang, but yeah you're right, big man. I also use Adrenaline Rush on my LaGlass. Imma edit mah post.

1,105 posts

well.... i am shooting at AFK/camping ship from 12KM.... aim for the super structure and it still got shattered. i am guess IFHE is SO NEEDED! but LOL, the shattered HE still causing fire.

uh oh, so  must farm to lvl 10 commander before completing to algerie, BTW, WHY TOOK Priority target? isnt fire alert better? and i am also took last stand for survive if my rudder got jammed. 

18622571_435979646782277_734909961621069

[LNA]
1,697 posts
10,550 battles

Shark , if u dont want to be trolled by 16 inches sledgehammer i mean u should stop climbing that line. That line will trigger quite a lot of salt the higher u climb as the combat distance vastly increased and bb increasingly capable of nailing ur citadel at longer distance or penetrate for half ur hp.

Last days i have seen a Henry IV at full throttle got nailed for 20k and no cit in it and a 1 shot KO to Algerie cause the citadel below turret are exposed ammo rack location and they are likely to get hit be it plunging fire or flat trajectory

1,105 posts

Shark , if u dont want to be trolled by 16 inches sledgehammer i mean u should stop climbing that line. That line will trigger quite a lot of salt the higher u climb as the combat distance vastly increased and bb increasingly capable of nailing ur citadel at longer distance or penetrate for half ur hp.

Last days i have seen a Henry IV at full throttle got nailed for 20k and no cit in it and a 1 shot KO to Algerie cause the citadel below turret are exposed ammo rack location and they are likely to get hit be it plunging fire or flat trajectory

deleted WoWs Folder.....

Howling sheet..... Emil Bertin is so good with 41 Knot and can dodge easily those shell..... also that burn, that HE almost never shattered.....

after that is huge nerf for La Glass......

- 31knot speed what? even with speed boost it cannt reach 39 knot

- huge body..... lose a lot of speed when turning......

- HE crap.... shattered most of the time EVEN AGAINTS FUSO! [not gonna happen in emile bertin]

- stupid 2x2 torp -_-

- deal 10K~20K damage..... in Emil i can do 30K~70K (same amount of hits)

- another Nurnberg.... Git Gud is lie [ cause they have 19 commander skill :V ]

- AA is crap.....

i am going for Hiatus for a whole month and make a "cheat" instead :trollface:

[ Alias comeback to CV later]

[LLBC]
747 posts
6,923 battles

deleted WoWs Folder.....

....Goodbye,

800px-USS_Midway_%28CV-41%29_leaving_Yok

Secretly lamenting that there will be one less potato to mash for a while.

Edited by Admiral_Neptulussus

8 posts
2,407 battles

But think about it, would you like alpha damage or damage over time? sure it has a 22% fire chance but what if you trade only 3% to have the fire chance of Zao but think about it, having 240mm caliber and multiplying it by 130% and it gives you the power of a gun with 312mm caliber, now divide it by 6 and your HE can penetrate even German battleship deck armor, a problem for every heavy cruiser with typical 203mm caliber guns because most of them will just either fire at the superstructure or the weaker armored bow and stern and also still have a high fire chance that can be improved with demolition expert giving you a 21% fire chance (although by default you should have 22% fire chance but hey alpha damage)

[LNA]
1,697 posts
10,550 battles

But think about it, would you like alpha damage or damage over time? sure it has a 22% fire chance but what if you trade only 3% to have the fire chance of Zao but think about it, having 240mm caliber and multiplying it by 130% and it gives you the power of a gun with 312mm caliber, now divide it by 6 and your HE can penetrate even German battleship deck armor, a problem for every heavy cruiser with typical 203mm caliber guns because most of them will just either fire at the superstructure or the weaker armored bow and stern and also still have a high fire chance that can be improved with demolition expert giving you a 21% fire chance (although by default you should have 22% fire chance but hey alpha damage)

It is redudant and become questionable if you sink 4 pts just for that. Anyway , not penning the deck is not a problem for 203mm guns as they already have plenty of pen to go for superstruture and the upper side armor of cruisers and some BB , picking IFE just for like 2-3 ships is not advisable as you already have enough for most of the time.

It is not efficient , with that 4 pts you could invest in something that help you more of the time instead of just a few rare cases.

IFHE is ill advised on ships with caliber larger than 155mm unless you want to beef up your secondaries to be extremely lethal if they do hit

8 posts
2,407 battles

It is redudant and become questionable if you sink 4 pts just for that. Anyway , not penning the deck is not a problem for 203mm guns as they already have plenty of pen to go for superstruture and the upper side armor of cruisers and some BB , picking IFE just for like 2-3 ships is not advisable as you already have enough for most of the time.

It is not efficient , with that 4 pts you could invest in something that help you more of the time instead of just a few rare cases.

IFHE is ill advised on ships with caliber larger than 155mm unless you want to beef up your secondaries to be extremely lethal if they do hit

Ah, well said, makes a lot of sense now but i already got IFHE for my Zao sooo i guess i can make American battleships cry