You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
kultabashi

Is HOOD Yoloable?

19 comments in this topic

520 posts
11,127 battles

have you captains noticed so many Yolo HOODS out there which usually end in failed attempts and loosing teams lol... is it really that good a BB that you can actually yolo in it like German BBS?.... or not?

112 posts
1,553 battles

Personally I've found it a bit of a frustrating ship to go against -_- Whenever I play in a Tier V ship I always get put against Hoods and I struggle to penertrate them :,( Getting citidals on them also seems near impossible (at least when the hood is top tier).

Most Hood play I've seen has been steaming around Broadside at mid range or sitting behind islands lobbing shells at everyone.

[BRU]
279 posts
2,067 battles

Judging by the reviews I've seen and how they do in the game...no. Maybe more like a 2nd-line ship, only faster.

520 posts
11,127 battles

Well, many ive seen have been easy DD prey. Yoloing into cap zones, alone and without cover thinking AA can save them....Like tirpitz and bismark. Lol

Or perhaps thats the curse of premium ships, many players thinking they have an edge.

[BRU]
279 posts
2,067 battles

Well, many ive seen have been easy DD prey. Yoloing into cap zones, alone and without cover thinking AA can save them....Like tirpitz and bismark. Lol

Or perhaps thats the curse of premium ships, many players thinking they have an edge.

Happens every prem ship release. :teethhappy:

[SIF]
Super Tester
3,831 posts
4,110 battles

have you captains noticed so many Yolo HOODS out there which usually end in failed attempts and loosing teams lol... is it really that good a BB that you can actually yolo in it like German BBS?.... or not?

​its glorious when they yolo towards my Gneis.  Secondary guns go bananas

Super Tester
730 posts
3,239 battles

No.

Her guns are accurate at range for a reason ya know? Close in under 7km and you'll start to get overpens all over broadside cruisers (you can still overmatch bow on ones if you fancy that, but most will angle). On top of that, AP penetration is not all that good against heavier armoured battleships.

[LBAS]
Beta Tester
324 posts

You deserve a reward if you can detonate a Bismarck using Hood :trollface:

If I can achieve that I will log off and buy lotto...:trollface:

And it might turns out I had used all my luck in that detonation...:(:hiding:....

You can try yolo, but then you will discover those German BB next to you can do a better job on yolo than you I suppose?

Edited by spixys

[AUSNZ]
[AUSNZ]
Super Tester
1,039 posts
7,702 battles

Its a tough ship to yolo in early game. No hydro/fighter etc make it prone to eat torps if you yolo like that.

Guns rotate great.

Mid to late game with damage and isolated enemies it can then go in to yolo at times, but honestly its better as a second liner early on to support your vessels.

Edited by greifer