You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Karasuma_Hifumi

which country should I start with?

16 comments in this topic

7 posts
106 battles

a game start with 6 ship from 6 country

I try play them all but don't quite see much distinguish aside from that one weird ship that have AP instead of HE like other

so, if I don't have advance resource like old player, which country should I start with?

oh and some question

there's match that I fought 1-1 with other player,

we on very same boat but he can fire more rapidly than me.

how come?

[SIF]
Super Tester
3,840 posts
4,138 battles

Each county has its distinguishing characteristics and in some cases the tech trees can change slightly.   The country you play is the country that suits you.  Not many players can tell you what will be good for you.   Your best bet is to look at the videos that the community contributors do on ships and tactics. 

The other player probably outgunned you due to ship upgrades such as Main battery mod 2 which decreases load times by 5% or Captains skills such as Adrenaline Rush that decrease it by .2% for every 1HP he loses.

1,859 posts
5,797 battles

You see WG, here is where you screwed up

you confused new players

ok so anyways, for FREEDOM go USA. For bias go to USSR. For long range HE spam go IJN. For AP and smoke (use radar like a man at high tiers) hues go RN. To punish broadside super hard go German. For HON HON HON go French

[SIF]
Super Tester
3,840 posts
4,138 battles

France is all about no armour and lots of fire............

Certains hommes veulent juste regarder le monde brûler.

Edited by RalphTheTheatreCat

455 posts
8,038 battles

Until you learn all the game mechanics and start playing well enough, I'd suggest playing ijn or ru cruisers because of their flat firing arc making it easier to aim. USN cruisers have bad armor in general and their guns have high arcs which can be hard for a new player. While RN cruisers tend to go boom very fast and are crappy until you get to the high tiers. Eventually you should try out the other classes and nations to see which playstyle suits you

Super Tester
813 posts
3,912 battles

a game start with 6 ship from 6 country

I try play them all but don't quite see much distinguish aside from that one weird ship that have AP instead of HE like other

so, if I don't have advance resource like old player, which country should I start with?

oh and some question

there's match that I fought 1-1 with other player,

we on very same boat but he can fire more rapidly than me.

how come?

Get German BBs, RU CA for all tiers, USN CL at low tier is decent for new players, USN DD/RU DD and IJN CV.

Super Tester
2,725 posts

Go for US Cruisers. Get used to trigger happy cruiser before trying other US lines. Then try other nations, which will be different gameplay as US.

1,126 posts

a game launch with 2 major country USN and IJN 

theoretically, those 2 country are most simplicity to play to capture player base

IJN = big gun, high damage, slow rate of fire

USN = smaller gun, lower damage, high rate of fire

other country that came out later are adapt base on these two main style.

so, my suggestion is start with these 2 first to see which suit you most

and not just country, there's class of ship to, BB CA DD CV each with difference role.

battle start to get more serious at tier 5 and above, at low tier is opportunity to learn and choose with low pressure.

[LLBC]
747 posts
6,868 battles

While RN cruisers tend to go boom very fast and are crappy until you get to the high tiers. 

RN cruisers tends to go boom very fast, even in high tiers and there are several ways to screw up. There are so many ways to make you go boom:

1. Giving broadside to red ships and get shot at -- that's paddlin' for everyone else (except maybe destroyers), an uninteresting, yet violent way to be sent under the waterline

2. RN cruisers have very short smoke generating duration. Newer player tends to accidentally glide out of smoke because they do not slow the ship down enough at the time of deploying.

3. Slowing down before dropping smoke can also be dangerous. Some BBs might be pre-aiming at your broadside before you reach the speed to drop smoke and shove their 12-18 inches right into your body cavities.

4. You are not even safe inside the smoke, people can also send torp at your small-ish smoke puff, or battleships with spotter blindshotting into the smoke puff by tracking the source of your shells.

That said, the RN cruisers are not weak, but are not quite optimal for brand-new players. It requires practising several disciplines before using them effectively.

Edited by Admiral_Neptulussus

7 posts
106 battles

thank you, I got some rough idea.

I'll get tier 2 ship for US first since ship slot is very limited (wonder those ship collector spend how much money for all those ship...)

but one thing though,

did wait 5 minute for every match is normal?

Super Tester
7,571 posts
8,001 battles

Forget what the noobs above said. :trollface:

Its Wargaming's game, start with Russian line. You will never be disappointed. The VMF DD line is the ultimate *firing* line in the game.

Kappa

[AUHAX]
27 posts
3,097 battles

Personally i went usa and Germany then moved across to uk and ijn havnt touched Russia yet, looking back i would say ijn and usa as there is move to play they both have Cv's and Bb's where as other nations may only have cl/ca's or dd's

Super Tester
562 posts
4,462 battles

I'll get tier 2 ship for US first since ship slot is very limited (wonder those ship collector spend how much money for all those ship...)

but one thing though,

Only initially as they match you to other new players.

Get through this period and you're into the general population. 

Good luck

[1AN-E]
37 posts
3,586 battles

but one thing though,

You can sell some of the other Tier 1's to free up slots for your chosen line.