You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
xscore

How does one take random battles seriously?

26 comments in this topic

Super Tester
458 posts
7,194 battles

After over 5000 games in WoWS, I finally realized the point of this game.  It is not to win, but rather to have fun with division mates at expense of enemy enjoy the game as it is, regardless of how bad your own, or the enemy's team is playing.  There is no point being salty, no point complaining why you got reported for telling your team that "going to A in Okinawa means you lose 90% of the time", or  "don't push and feed just kite we got caps"

Instead of trying to solo carry, coordinating with your team while solo, positioning well, using good game sense, and getting stressed over getting gud and winning, why not just take a ship you feel like you would have fun in and not care about the outcome (like Gremy, Nik, Belfast?).  Also, why not just form Black, MO, Balti divs or other divs that allow you to have more fun at expense of enemy?

I mean winning feels good, but with how randoms are set up (no MMR, inbalance of ship types, gunboats, radar ships etc) what is the point of winning?  MM is totally random, the ships you get is totally random, your teammates skill is totally random.  Why not just farm keks by forming fishing divs or watching your own teammates potato?

Anyway my question to other players who have played more than me: How does one take randoms seriously?

Edited by xscore

165 posts
2,037 battles

win feel good, lose feel good too, everything is fine if we don't lost credit :teethhappy:

Edited by ari_aji

Super Tester
2,500 posts
1,535 battles

How does one take randoms seriously?

I take everything in life seriously, especially my entertainment. :smart_fish:

[LNA]
1,667 posts
10,498 battles

You now i don't feel good not because of win/lose but because the game inherent problem that prevent me from doing what i need to do in a match and how frustration come up when there are a lot of Hard counter to your ship on the enemy side.

Currently the Hood fervor and heavy bb based missions are ruining my fun playing cruisers when just about every match have 5 bb in it and the majority of them don't now that there are a WASD function in game.

1,105 posts

1. German CA SUX NO FUN and LOST LOST LOST!

2. then play CV, WIN or deal huge damage....until Shokaku

3. Find new hobby sinking the Yamato :V with CV or doing something stupid like attacking high AA ship

in the end i got bored.....

4. playing French Cruiser for more Casual game

5. Find new hobby by hunting BB : evading BB shell and burn it :V

......find new hobby watching anime, but play at the same time :V becauseeverybodycampingandmetoo!

yep! agree with you, EZ winning ARE NOT FUN.... WHY? its just like bloodthirsty, making you more and more thirsty....

the most fun thing is THE CLOSE MATCH! when it was too hard to win or losing! that is the real fun! and more GG if you win.

1,174 posts
10,495 battles

Anyway my question to other players who have played more than me: How does one take randoms seriously?

Okay in terms of battles I played more than you might be a hundred or so but you have far better skills than me.. You just know it better than me...

As you asked the question, For me it is hard to explain it without including what i've learned from random so far.., so let me break it down into 5 parts with 1k battles in each part with my random battles.

0-1k battles I was like total rubbish iirc I got to Nagato on IJN BB line with all T5 Cruisers of IJN, USN, German, Russian ships.. I was like total casual player who actually didn't exactly know how, what, when and where... (As per the question., I don't even have any opinion on the randoms because I didn't exactly care about winning or losing or my team's performance)

1k-2k battles made friends from random was divisioning with them and learning things but not much was still a noob... got to know things like angling, kiting, positioning... But was still learning at these stages unlocked lot of T6s in the time...Started playing weebo IJN DD line (Taking things a bit competitive getting the urge to win, get the top tier ships and all... looking other player's performances but not exactly complaining about it because I'm skrub myself... letting things go because the players are just like me who don't exactly know anything.)

2k-3k battles got into forums got to know lot of game related stuff, GitGud, how to make it to perfection and I guess in this time I started playing USN DD and got hang of things, started divisioning more and divisioning with any player who can show me how to do the stuff... now I got to most of T8 ships but no credits to buy them... and In this period of time ending if I'm not wrong MM was changed to -/+2 for all tiers... that change kinda pushed me again and had to be more careful with the playstyle of mine(Being aggressive)...( Now Random battles started to bother me a lot with +2 MM because I used to play in T5 most of the time to earn credits.. and started divisioning even more.. which helped me calm down a little and let me win games.)

3k-4k (Made lot of friends, lots of matches in divisions not bothering much of the players because I was hardly solo'ing Random battles not bothering me much but the frustration is like more when I solo than be in a division.)

4k-5k (Playing only in divisions because random has become *insert disease name* with the addition of epicenter and reworking on maps, Economy rework which all effected the random battles.)

In the end the conclusion is 

Play Solo random battles to produce more salt, frustration and urge to uninstall the game...

Play in Divisions to make your grinds easy, battles being enjoyable and the stats being good enough... Everyone is happy...

Edited by Aaditya_AJ

980 posts
12,617 battles

Random battle = selfish mode. 

Just farm damage from enemy battleships. 

Never shoot the destroyer, not enough damage to farm. 

Also, to farm kills, only fire your guns at enemies close to dying. 

If you are a DD just save your smoke for yourself, no need to smoke up enemies. 

Dont take defensive AA, take hydro. 

#winning

98 posts
230 battles

1. Play BB and find out your team gives zero support.

2. Frantically grinds CV to kill everything.

2. Gets CV and finds out Bogue eats your planes and team dies faster than you can kill.

4. Wants to go back to play yolo KM BB.

5. Repeat.

6. This is wows from a potato standpoint

7. :l

Alpha Tester
184 posts
2,083 battles

There is too much passive play now and I see lemmings all in the wrong direction. MM is giving enemy team a DD and we have none. Half my team is dead in 5 mins and we have zero kills. What has changed? Is it the removal of stealth firing, too many ships with smoke, radar, people trying to play light armoured cruisers like BB's?

After multiple losses it's no longer fun so the best is stop taking it seriously and focus on completing missions. Play like a zombie and eat the mouse when you're frustrated.

[AE]
202 posts
9,515 battles

play the tier you want, in the ships you like. Ignore WR, ignore trolls about sealclubbing or any other garbage. Just play what makes you happy, because the game only gets uglier as you go along.

[LBAS]
Beta Tester
327 posts

1. Play BB and find out your team gives zero support.

2. Frantically grinds CV to kill everything.

2. Gets CV and finds out Bogue eats your planes and team dies faster than you can kill.

4. Wants to go back to play yolo KM BB.

5. Repeat.

6. This is wows from a potato standpoint

7. :l

you forgot one point, 8. CA cry babies calling you BaBBies at their favorite forums after that battle.

Now I only play ships that win a lot and lose a lot, I feel more carefree this way.

I mean you can revisits and think what went wrong, but not like "Oh noes I lost, curse you all sheep captains!!!!1111 Wish you all to hell!!!11111"

Edited by spixys

216 posts
2,239 battles

As of late I've become more confused than frustrated at how players can be the top tier ships (in high tier matches) and score rock bottom on the team. I do understand that the lower tiers have better score multipliers but I don't see how anyone can survive a whole match (in lets say a Iowa) and only score 270-ish in exp and the only other ship that score worse is the afk player.

So in general I'm not angry with losing whenever I know I left the match with 100% effort on my part but when I see what I described above happen on my team I would be lying if I said it didn't strike a nerve.