Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
KrystalFlare

Tips in Tier 6 Farragut and Gaede

6 comments in this topic

14 posts
170 battles

Hello, i reposed this from the newbie section as i thought i made a mistake,  i hope I didn't violate anything.

Gotten to tier 6 and so far, I love it!  I haven't played much games yet but i have Farragut and Gaede.  Both awesome!!!  Any tips to drive them better?    I want to do better with these ships.  any tips are ok.  

Thank you

XoXo

[LNA]
1,659 posts
10,430 battles

Both farragut and gaede are good cap contesters. Objective play is what they're really good at. Knowing when to fire your guns or what ship to torp is key.

I font think gaede is a good cap contester as i feel it is closer to the RU CL in DD hide which will stay on cap outskirt.

It is big , turn very awkwardly and somewhat sluggish. Going to cap where torp walls are common i think is not a very good idea for it.

Also worth mentioning is its love to get normal pen from BB which can takex1/4th of its hp per salvo

1,174 posts
10,495 battles

I can only comment on Farragut 

Farragut is best ship in it's tier so for me it is how you set up the ship and the captain..

For skills I took PT, LS, SI, CE as my standard Farragut skills... Then I took AR because faster reload is gonna save you in lot of situations SE because Higher the health higher survivability..Then I took TAE because faster the reload the better brawling capability...

You can most of the time fight 1v1 any same tier DD sometimes you can fight a tier above ships as well...

Super Tester
7,534 posts
7,978 battles

Farragut is best ship in it's tier so for me it is how you set up the ship and the captain..

I doubt this part, I can name lots of ships better than Farragut at T6.

However, I've already grinded out Farragut. She is small and agile, but cannot play as torpedo boat. Concealment is really bad to cap at first. You need either to clear out enemy DDs first or choose the flank that is less heavy on enemy support. Usually if you meet any DD (except may be Anshan) at your tier, you will murder them in cap if they do not have supports. Once you got rid of enemy DDs, time to smoke camp at suitable positions and pew pew BBs. Remember, don't try to torp people unless you are already winning the game, the chance that you will get out alive is almost 0. Also, be very careful when fighting higher tier DDs. You are sort of their food. Even Akatsukis will probably kill you in a duel unless you have support or smoke to get rid of sticky situation.

1,174 posts
10,495 battles

I doubt this part, I can name lots of ships better than Farragut at T6.

However, I've already grinded out Farragut. She is small and agile, but cannot play as torpedo boat. Concealment is really bad to cap at first. You need either to clear out enemy DDs first or choose the flank that is less heavy on enemy support. Usually if you meet any DD (except may be Anshan) at your tier, you will murder them in cap if they do not have supports. Once you got rid of enemy DDs, time to smoke camp at suitable positions and pew pew BBs. Remember, don't try to torp people unless you are already winning the game, the chance that you will get out alive is almost 0. Also, be very careful when fighting higher tier DDs. You are sort of their food. Even Akatsukis will probably kill you in a duel unless you have support or smoke to get rid of sticky situation.

You seen me play the farragut. compared to Gaede, Farragut is better which is the point of the topic.. and yes there are lot of better ships but for me agility is most important for a DD..(Probably that's why I didn't like kiev or other high tier RU DDs)

I guess I did try to explain the setup for the farragut as well.. 

Sign in to follow this