You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
limjf04

Just got Furutaka

21 comments in this topic

98 posts
230 battles

So yeah managed to finally grind the furutaka, haven't played any battles in it yet so asking for help on how to play the ship properly

294 posts
2,997 battles

It's gonna be a very different experience from Kuma. And if you are like me who loved Kuma, you are gonna hate Furutaka... initially that is. Stock FuryTaco is one of the worst ships. Slow traverse, small firing radius, sluggish turn and not to mention give a lot of broadside to align all 6 guns. Not really a wise thing to do against tier 7 enemies at 10 to 12km range. But if you can tolerate all that, get her to the last hull ASAP. Then she starts getting better mostly because the gun setup goes from single to double canons. And that helps A LOT because her 203 guns can hurt at close range. I have farmed a lot of citadels with her deleting cruisers that wanted to knife fight with me. Eventually fully upgraded, she becomes KUMA again, though still not that fun. Consider it as a stepping stone for the next tiers and learn how to play the IJN lines on her. Sadly, if other players are to be believed, the Japanese cruisers are a copy paste from tier 5 to tier 8. Sadly I am still on my Furutaka, so I wouldn't know past it.

2,220 posts
13,691 battles

Learn to angle. Showing your side is death. Forget rear guns unless totally safe to use them. Burn everything with your 203's

98 posts
230 battles

It's gonna be a very different experience from Kuma. And if you are like me who loved Kuma, you are gonna hate Furutaka... initially that is. Stock FuryTaco is one of the worst ships. Slow traverse, small firing radius, sluggish turn and not to mention give a lot of broadside to align all 6 guns. Not really a wise thing to do against tier 7 enemies at 10 to 12km range. But if you can tolerate all that, get her to the last hull ASAP. Then she starts getting better mostly because the gun setup goes from single to double canons. And that helps A LOT because her 203 guns can hurt at close range. I have farmed a lot of citadels with her deleting cruisers that wanted to knife fight with me. Eventually fully upgraded, she becomes KUMA again, though still not that fun. Consider it as a stepping stone for the next tiers and learn how to play the IJN lines on her. Sadly, if other players are to be believed, the Japanese cruisers are a copy paste from tier 5 to tier 8. Sadly I am still on my Furutaka, so I wouldn't know past it.

I'm no kuma fan but I have citadeled furutaka before  and with kuma huge citadel experience should be fine, assuming there's a German bb to lead

I can write you a guide for the Furutaka if you want

Yes please!!! Thanks

[LNA]
1,659 posts
10,430 battles

Furutaka is a citadel hunter with very powerful AP salvo. Specialized in anti cruisers role. Look for broadside target and bam them for cits are fun

1,105 posts

Furutaka is a citadel hunter with very powerful AP salvo. Specialized in anti cruisers role. Look for broadside target and bam them for cits are fun

Overpen the Emile Bertin....OVERPEN PLEASE :V

if its hit Citadel you are dong it right.....

_________

Furutaka are good againts other CA, i am somewhat feared it in emile... but the overpen save my day, so lucky it didnt hit citadel.

but as far as  know, if you are using AP in CA better at range <11KM, farther than that just spam HE and see BURN

1,174 posts
10,495 battles

Top Tier(Fully upgraded) Furutaka is just amazing., I'd advice you to get DE on the ship., and fast grind out of the stock because stock is just........, lets say,:unsure: Garbage(because I don't wanna get banned)...

fOsfJsu.jpg

Edited by Aaditya_AJ

98 posts
230 battles

Don't fall for it.

Being a newcomer I don't get it.... :unsure:

Top Tier(Fully upgraded) Furutaka is just amazing., I'd advice you to get DE on the ship., and fast grind out of the stock because stock is just........, lets say,:unsure: Garbage(because I don't wanna get banned)...

fOsfJsu.jpg

Wow nice kraken you got there! BTW as I'm new what is DE?

[SIF]
Super Tester
3,830 posts
4,110 battles

Lordtyphoons guides.

piss-take
noun
Britishvulgar slang
noun: pisstake

218 posts
3,788 battles

Already researched Aoba, but prefer to stay with Furutaka a little while longer. One of the best credit making machine I have. Believe it or not, I regularly beat a T7 Myoko in the Furutaka in one on one battle.

[SIF]
Super Tester
3,830 posts
4,110 battles

I don't regret getting the Aoba, but did like the Furutak once it got remodelled and the B hill had the forward facing guns.   With a collection of ARP Myoko/atago clones and no real desire to have a Zao, the line has stopped dead for me atm.

Senior Moderator
4,798 posts
1,924 battles

I don't regret getting the Aoba, but did like the Furutak once it got remodelled and the B hill had the forward facing guns.   With a collection of ARP Myoko/atago clones and no real desire to have a Zao, the line has stopped dead for me atm.

but but but, the original FuryTaco had such fun and engaging game play ....

98 posts
230 battles

Lordtyphoons guides.

piss-take
noun
Britishvulgar slang
noun: pisstake

Lol.....

close your eye,forget what you do,just keep play,dont stop until you reach zao

Assuming I enjoy the ships and my team isnt 404 not found

98 posts
230 battles

Just took the furry taco out for a spin and it's a fun ship, 200mm HE is of good quality, although it's manoeuvrebility isn't the best.

Hydro was useful in spotting dd in smoke and killing him