You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Somedude_Yudachi

Hiryu VS Saipan

10 comments in this topic

346 posts

no.(well maybe {theoretically} if you can barrage him enough times but your planes are slow so not with ease anyway)

but what you can do is use your fighters as bait, while your set your fighters to fly random patterns (shift click on your minimap over the middle while sending your planes around the side to strike any ship that is not an AA spec).

I used this on Ranger (111), and it works if you can avoid saipan's click dogfight. If you do not then saipan will catch your planes with ease.

EDIT: should probably add that I used Air Groups Modification 2

Edited by BravaZulu296

Super Tester
813 posts
3,912 battles

Is it possible to win saipan 2 squadrons with 2 squadrons of fighters from Hiryu?

Assuming that both the players are equally competent at CV and RNG does not have a large role, no. Saipan will always win.

Super Tester
1,056 posts
9,020 battles

Is it possible to win saipan 2 squadrons with 2 squadrons of fighters from Hiryu?

This requires the enemy Saipan to be inept, even if the Hiryu has more instantaneous DPS.

1,174 posts
10,495 battles

Saipan has T9 planes vs Hiryu with T7 planes... And there is a factor called RNG in between them so well I'll call it 65%-35% without any captain skills

guess that should answer your question...

Super Tester
2,500 posts
1,535 battles

Saipan is fine, just hope that the player is derp and sink him in the first 2 min of a game.

Balance....

xlnjp6R.jpg

... my loadout, not Saipan :p

84 posts
4,438 battles

You don't want to man fight a Saipan(who know what he's doing) in a Hiryu. Since strafing is a meta so the faster the plane is, the more likely they'll win the fight but you could do a shit ton of damage while he's busy with your fighter.

Remember, it's about killing a ship that win a game for the team.