You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
clearblueskies

Hunt for Bismarck for new players

26 comments in this topic

Senior Moderator
3,837 posts
2,602 battles

Only on weekends? Probably not, unless you devote the whole weekend to playing the game.

If you don't mind spending $99, you can purchase the Hood to complete the tasks with the most amount of pins, and make sure you have premium account so you can take 3 tasks concurrently.

Most importantly, don't worry too much about the campaign and just have fun. The final reward is the Bismarck itself. The skins for Bismarck can be obtained earlier as long as you've completed the badge collection. The Hood skins are also intermediate rewards (acquired at the end of Mission 5) rather than the final campaign reward. Here's an overview of the tasks of the campaign: http://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Ship:The_Hunt_for_Bismarck

Even if you fail to finish the campaign, you can still grind for the Bismarck the regular way. Try to aim for the badge collection and the Hood camos instead.

1,105 posts

i am just repeating the "Base XP" and " XP get bla bla" to complete the star :V

if you are looking for the most easy way getting the star. also i play T5 Emile Bertin while watching TV.... shooting from Max Range to BB with HE and relax....

you cannt do this when playing CV :V

HAHAHAHA and i did 30K~50K damage and survive..... what the heck

Oooops

3 posts
979 battles

Difficult but not impossible...they really should have kept this event open for longer. It took me all of the weekend and Friday evening to complete, cycling 2 Tier 6 battleships on a premium account. Both are now Tier 7, which gives you an indication of a) how tedious this is, and b) how much time you'd save compared to actually levelling up a Bismarck the proper way.

If you decide to go for broke the following would help:

Premium (definitely - let's you do 3 missions at once, earn modified experience faster, and generally reward you for the grind)

Exp camo/signals. If you have a few of them you can do/redo the modified experience mission for stars

At least one more Tier 5 ship to cycle between battles (Note that Tier 6s get uptiered into matches with Tier 8s - if the Bismarck is your absolute highest priority you may want to stay at Tier 5 when the inevitable happens and you unlock the Tier 6). 

Some tactic which allows you to do as much damage/gain as much experience as possible

Or as previous posters have mentioned you can buy the Hood which has easier missions (but insane price tag). Most important decision is probably whether you want to put yourself through this grind - good luck with whatever you choose to do :) 

Edited by Arcova

[LNA]
1,659 posts
10,430 battles

5 days 8 hours per day done every single thing except Hood mission cause i am a poor peasant.

The mission themselves are not hard , just need an appropriate selection of ships and if you have many bb in port they are fairly fast grind , i can do 2 mission stage per day if i play 8 hours

[MEGA]
4,564 posts
17,557 battles

the missions are easy if you have the right ships and know how to play them, that being said, most people have no idea how to play their ships

2,221 posts
13,692 battles

5 days 8 hours per day done every single thing except Hood mission cause i am a poor peasant.

The mission themselves are not hard , just need an appropriate selection of ships and if you have many bb in port they are fairly fast grind , i can do 2 mission stage per day if i play 8 hours

See I have trouble believing this because I can't work out how you've done it. Event started 2 and a half days ago, yet you have already played for 5 days. How does it come to pass that you get access to it earlier that everyone else?

[LNA]
1,659 posts
10,430 battles

See I have trouble believing this because I can't work out how you've done it. Event started 2 and a half days ago, yet you have already played for 5 days. How does it come to pass that you get access to it earlier that everyone else?

You see this is a rough estimation for everyone who try hard, although to tell the truth right at the moment of this writing i have already done it to step 6 and a half , 8 hours from now when i woke up i will finish it :)

1,174 posts
10,495 battles

Extremely Hard but not Impossible to get bismarck but here's the thing, even tho you get it don't play it until you get used to the meta/play style/ship's abilities and weaknesses... 

I'd advice you to get a DD, CL and a BB to make your life easier... and like I said don't get the higher tier ships until you are not familiar with the playstyle..

I'm saying this because lot of players who got tirpitz do the same thing and get reported for their circus skills that they show in the battle for example rushing into mid and getting instant deleted, sitting far behind not helping team because they themselves don't know how the game mechanics work.. spamming torps behind friendly and TK'ing him..

Not saying you'd do this but these people are just bad for the team which this game is based upon Teamplay.

2,579 posts
6,713 battles

dont force your self too hard. enjoy the game.. if you miss this campaign then no big deal, what i fear is that you tried too hard, and when the tie end you still dont get the ship. that time the frustation and fatique will eat you and might make the game became too painful to play anymore......

112 posts
1,553 battles

There's some good advice here.

Getting a Tier 4-5 battleship will make the grind a while lot easier.

If your intent on getting the Bismarck, the you would want to get a premium ship (Tirpitz and Atago would work well) and premium for the extra slot.

Most of the missions require a Tier 4-5 ship and dealing lots of damage/getting so so unless you have ships of that tier already Itd be pretty challenging to do.

[SIF]
Super Tester
3,832 posts
4,110 battles

Most of the missions require a Tier 4-5 ship and dealing lots of damage/getting so so unless you have ships of that tier already Itd be pretty challenging to do.

All the missions are tier 5-10.   I wouldn't buy a premium just for this campaign, but if you bought one for its credit earning and captain building abilities then the added benefit is it can be used for most of the missions.   You really need a good balance of all ships to complete the campaign.

2,579 posts
6,713 battles

actually, playinf this alone is more pain. go play with your friends... you will get it faster than playing solo

Super Tester
7,539 posts
7,978 battles

How to do it easily? Play sims, just pick those XP missions. Each one needs like 3 games to finish. Then just select them and repeat. For the final stages where you need to deal damage, play your highest tier BB (or CV if you are good at).

[LNA]
1,659 posts
10,430 battles

This campaign is actually not healthy for the game and event organizers should reflect on that. On a few day it would be like 40 bb inque for something like 4 5 cruiser and dd. Also it attract bad cv player to play and try finish the mission. I have met a poor player trying to use Lexi AS then got a clear sky message from me in a 222 shokaku lol and he got like 6 to 9 rep from his teammates when i ask them when match nearing end.

I am having a headache when last night MM decide to put 8v8 bb battle with only 2 CA and 1 dd per side and thats definitely not fun for the last 3