Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
hughfj08

Server Transfer

7 comments in this topic

83 posts
3,463 battles

I am thinking of moving to the UK for my job, and was wondering if it was possible to transfer my account onto the EU server or will I be stuck playing on shit speeds in order to maintain what I've paid real money for?

[SIF]
Super Tester
3,855 posts
4,140 battles

Its no point trying to transfer  from here to there.  Why would a cluster let a customer go.  Another Cluster may be mor receptive to taking ine one  When you get  there you are better off trying to get EU to take you in.  Having said that, your chances are less than a snowflakes chance in hell.  It has been tried since WOT started and no one transfers unless its a server migration.

Super Tester
2,725 posts

As of late, zero chance. Nothing.

Probably when you get to UK, try ping the Asia server in the command prompt if it's favorable: 'ping -t login1.worldofwarships.jp' or 'ping -t login2.worldofwarships.jp'

Asia's data center is in Singapore after all.

Beta Tester
823 posts
4,972 battles

You should really check the pings anyway.  I get an equal or lower ping on NA to here and I'm based in Sydney.  Go figure.

I bet you wish you went NA ages ago :3

[SIF]
Super Tester
3,855 posts
4,140 battles

I transferred from NA to Asia in WOT.   All my time and any money is invested in my Asia accounts and the NA are for stress release.

Honestly the differences are not that much apart from the passive style on the Asia servers.  The beauty of the NA servers for me is I am a shift worker and they have better server pop than Asia and the numbers are high in the times I play.   I still don't have any intention to go back though.

Sign in to follow this