You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Mister_Teatime

Thoughts on Kaga?

16 comments in this topic

146 posts
10,209 battles

Seen a lot of them this evening in T5 games (been playing Texas a lot to train a captain). 

Is it actually possible to dodge those fast torps?? My Texas shot down around 20 planes and still ate 3 torps and a few bombs. (I know it's T7. . .  but still - seeing as I face T7 in 4/5 matches these days, it seems OP to me). Seen a few Nagatos get killed in one attack run. 

What do Kaga captains think? 

What do players think?

Could a Ranger compete?

Edited by Mister_Teatime

Video Contributor
2,264 posts
10,789 battles

Kaga will worth if Kaga vs Saipan 301 or tier9 room

Kaga uses tier 6 planes so she the weakest point is tier 6 planes 

ez shotdown and missile torpedo you can't escape (53 knots kek)

what is bomber btw

Edited by Onlinegamer

[LBAS]
Super Tester
1,287 posts

Texas with full AA build will be a Kaga's nightmare let alone if she meets higher tiered cruisers and AA spec'd BB's.

295 posts
6,613 battles

i never met kaga, but according to ichase kaga reminds him of the glory days of midway when 1-2-2 is still a thing, deleting enemy ships is really easy

Video Contributor
2,264 posts
10,789 battles

i never met kaga, but according to ichase kaga reminds him of the glory days of midway when 1-2-2 is still a thing, deleting enemy ships is really easy

yes really easy in fact she carries T6 planes 

Super Tester
1,056 posts
9,013 battles

The Kaga might have very high striking power, but this comes at a cost of T6 planes and Zuiho fighters. These planes are fragile and the fighters are garbage (seriously garbage). This means that AA will actually take its toll on the Kaga quite badly.

The Kaga can only really do much damage if the enemy CV is incapable of using fighters properly (strike rangers and idiots). In the ASIA server, for some reason, people like using their fighters in a non-stupid manner, so the Kaga will prove to be a challenge to wield (you have to outskill the enemy CVs by quite a margin to deal good damage).

IMO it is certainly NOT OP at all. Look at all the high-damage Kaga videos on Youtube and I guarantee you that the enemy CV was either a strike Ranger or a complete idiot.

The Ranger... is garbage in general. Complete lack of meaningful armor, bad-ish AA, and lack of flexibility in loadouts make it bad, but 202 Ranger can farm clear sky medals easily against a Kaga (much beefier squads with more ammo).

Watch his videos. The enemy CVs were VERY stupid in fighter control and allowed his ships to get deleted/attacked. That kind of play would honestly get you killed here (fighters are used more commonly here).

I would like to remind everyone here that if you want to deal with Kagas... go use a Saipan or div up with one. 

1,105 posts

Kaga are balanced... except it secondaries need moar buff :V by 10KM

btw, SAIPAN OP againts Kaga!?

today match :

1. my ally Saipan right click the enemy Kaga fighter and win

2. too much eat plan Saipan ignoring the Kaga TB passing (out of ammo may be?)

3. Almost win 7 vs 4 ship...

4. i am losing after Kaga successfuly launch it torp to bayern and other cruiser.....

5. LOSING THE MATCH WHAT THE HECK!

so if you are in saipan and already farm a lot of plane, STILL BE CAREFULL to PROTECT ALLY! its fighter look delicious, but keep focus on hunt Kaga TB

[LNA]
1,660 posts
10,447 battles

Kaga let just say this when i see it , its loadout is totally imbalanced.

Seriously any half decent cv cpt will use 221 and there is no point in bring 113 which is inferior to Ranger 013 to the table.

IJN DB bombs are not good enough and 2x6 torp is extremely scary if one's learn to aim. To be honest 2x6 ensure that BB cannot dodge you and DD will have a hell of a time trying to get out alive and intact.

Plane durability is questionable but the same apply to Hiryu paper plane who doesnt fare much better to the ridiculous AA platform that start to appear at this tier.

I would say that this is a cross of both IJN and USN carrier style with more leaning toward IJN.

112 posts
1,553 battles

Would any of you captains who already have the Kaga recommend it as a worthwhile purchase?

I've been wanting to pick up a premium carrier for a while, but the Saipan is never in shop and the upcoming enterprise while likely cost over $100 -_-.

Most of my carrier play has been in the ranger, so Im definitely looking for a carrier with a more balanced loadout.

[_AUS_]
16 posts
9,454 battles

Dire - Kaga is fun but not at all balanced, sort of like the strike ranger - heaps of fun but need to get it right to work

Your fighters are only for distraction

That said I really enjoy the Kaga - she is good for a laugh. You will get owned by Saipans though

280 posts
3,514 battles

Kaga's plane gets shot easily and those bombers tho

but nothing can get past through my AA barrier in NC Gneisenau and my cruisers

sorry but you can't do anything when you face Saipan or ranger

[AUSNZ]
[AUSNZ]
Super Tester
1,039 posts
7,702 battles

Kaga is a great vessel in skilled hands, even vs a Saipan.

Not so good in new players hands or those that dont CV too often, in fact then it could be a hindrance.

Overall though im happy to see them in game

207 posts
8,195 battles

Always meet Kaga but she's hate my Cleveland :trollface:

btw kaga full strike really Love North Carolina, dunno why... lol

Edited by Gesterbein

Video Contributor
2,264 posts
10,789 battles

13 games i never sunk my Kaga (PLS DO NOT SINK ME!!!)

6-7 games I met Kaga players

2-3 game they played well and 3-4 games what the ____ did they play! Newbie? Kancolle player? Nah!! No skill play I shot down more than 40 planes yesterday but they shot me down only 10-15 planes (I did not count BB CA DD shoot my planes)

No idea to say who don't have skill play CV (yummy! Newbie!)

Edited by Onlinegamer

66 posts
9,624 battles

Kaga is a great vessel in skilled hands, even vs a Saipan.

Not so good in new players hands or those that dont CV too often, in fact then it could be a hindrance.

Overall though im happy to see them in game

Nothing can help you V's a decent Saipan captain... nothing, zero, kaput... your useless unless you can get surprise torp attacks while his fighters are away.

Saipans Tier 9 fighters eat your Tier 6 ones all day every day, there is absolutely nothing you can do about it except keep away from them. It's crazy to think WG even thought Tier 6 v's Tier 9 was a good idea.... I mean really....