You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
hormone1971

Am I missing something but are WOWS players generally rude and unhelpful?

70 comments in this topic

19 posts
4,206 battles

You ask question during the game and rarely does anyone reply.

Teammates seem to work against you or perhaps that because no one has a plan.

Other MMO games, you go into a fight and you know your teammates, you know their strength and weakness and you can formulate your plan of attack.

With WOWS, you are thrown into a random group of people and we all just wing it generally.

It would be great to be more social, more organised.

Very happy to be wrong and it’s simply a feature that I have missed.

Perhaps there are clans?

I am on the Asia server and we don’t get squat. I can never play anything other than the standard battles.

Anyone care to shed some light on this or am I stuck in “meh” land?

[SIF]
Super Tester
3,829 posts
4,103 battles

That sux how Aussies get lumped with non-engligh speaking folks. 

:(

​This is the Asia server mate, not a Au server.   You can always play on the NA server, but that's no good unless you abla espanol.   EU but you probably don't speak Polski.   Or the RU server is you can speak gibberish, TK anyone who isn't Russian and swear a lot.   

1,105 posts

That sux how Aussies get lumped with non-engligh speaking folks. 

:(

that is why we need to revamp the F12~F11 system, so communicate can be done via F0. I and some forum member already suggest it.

btw, simplified the order can be helping. dont say complicated thing, just F0 or "left click on minimap to say "attention".

well, in the end you cann expect everybody following your command....people are not pawn :V

[SIF]
Super Tester
3,829 posts
4,103 battles

I honestly do not know why we waste the current limited commands with useless "stone the crows" dialogue etc.  I have long said a radial menu similar to the one in Aslains WOT mods would be ideal.  

[AUSNZ]
[AUSNZ]
Super Tester
1,039 posts
7,702 battles

More command options would always help.

Divving up with others in region also helps and there are a lot of players who use discord, TS, etc to chat which makes it all immersive.

Always feel free to look myself and others up in game to play in div with

[WOWMY]
347 posts
16,863 battles

I honestly do not know why we waste the current limited commands with useless "stone the crows" dialogue etc.  I have long said a radial menu similar to the one in Aslains WOT mods would be ideal.  

Yeah.. this 1 make sense alot. Why tho WG to slow to implement this?

2,217 posts
13,680 battles

Only the ones with <50% WR :teethhappy:

An element of truth here I believe. So often if someone questions me I will look them up for my own knowledge. Majority of the time they are potatoes. Probably salty at losing so many games because they can't play the game. So they get angry. But rather than look at how they can improve they blame everyone else.

Edited by keskparane

191 posts
10,626 battles

You ask question during the game and rarely does anyone reply.
Teammates seem to work against you or perhaps that because no one has a plan.

Other MMO games, you go into a fight and you know your teammates, you know their strength and weakness and you can formulate your plan of attack.

With WOWS, you are thrown into a random group of people and we all just wing it generally.

It would be great to be more social, more organised.

Very happy to be wrong and it’s simply a feature that I have missed.

Perhaps there are clans?

I am on the Asia server and we don’t get squat. I can never play anything other than the standard battles.

Anyone care to shed some light on this or am I stuck in “meh” land?

You try asking DOTA/CSGO/OW players questions when the match already starting.

Beta Tester
823 posts
4,959 battles

The whole competitive thing, have to win, stats are life, I spent money on flags and camo so if you play bad, you owe me money or compensation.

Language barrier and gamers in general tend to be aggro.

Also I think frustration contributes alot. Bad win streaks, cant get first win of the day etc.

A university in the UK looked at games and violence and test it out designed a game like tetris where you would always lose. They found aggression in players rose in the unwinnable version while those who played the regular tetris where quite chill.

Super Tester
316 posts
3,400 battles

there are several ways of describing Asia server, and wows in general:

• there is no 12v12 games only 1v23 (2-3vs22-21 if in a div)
  • people don't care about win or lose, they care about there profit, teamwork does not turn a profit
  • [][][][][][][][][][][][][][]
  • people only respond to F3
  • only play CVs if your a Masochist

40 posts
1,402 battles

• only play CVs if your a Masochist

I got yell at by a member of my team ,who are at the bottom of the scoreboard five time.

And i only play for 5 hours.

520 posts
11,127 battles

I think the language barrier is really an issue.  and..... Inability of many players to comprehend the basic principles of the game that can cause chaos.  But then, thats why games are RANDOM games, because of these factors that cant be controlled.  Though there are some who are extremely rude, but still i believe that not all are like this.

- You can Divy up with friends in game to "up" your chances and have better communication when playing.  Fishing divisions can be devastating simply because amidst all the chaos in accomplishing the objective, 1 or 2 divisions with coordinated movement can turn the tide.  

- Regarding the communication issue, not all SEA players are incompetent, many just have a hard time communicating.   IF you have a plan and want to convey this idea, get ready to adjust If in case you are not understood and the "Team" you are in may have a different Idea of accomplishing the task.  

-  Finally, the most important tip.... Staying calm despite the frustration can help you make sound decisions that will enable you to turn the chaos in your team around that may contribute to the win.  Sometimes, all it takes is for a bit of flexibility