You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Captain_Fathom

So, the Hood is out on the NA server already....

34 comments in this topic

1,143 posts
4,413 battles

You people are great at reading comprehension.

He's refering to the staggered premium bundle release that Wargaming has already pulled with Graf Spee a couple months ago.

I.e. "Buy now with this large, extravagant, overpriced bundle or buy her by herself four days before the campaign ends."

Personally I'm not a fan of this either, but who am I to judge Wargaming because of one bad decision... ... :rolleyes:

Actually,the Graf Spee was WG saying 'we don't care, give us money' to the players.

WG NA pulled it with the the Prinz Eugen last year.And when everyone complained about it Boyarsky posted the following:

http://forum.worldofwarships.com/index.php?/topic/95571-comments-on-prinz-eugen-from-na-publishing-team/

Commanders,
We noticed some of you were confused by the way we released Prinz Eugen last Friday and we want to clear up any misconceptions around her gameplay design, economic benefits and the staggered bundle release structure.

We do realize that while this ship may not add much to gameplay diversity due to her similarity to the Admiral Hipper, there are additional factors which resulted in our decision to include her.

Firstly, Prinz Eugen has significant place in history and many players in our community requested her to be added to the game. She was similar to Hipper historically and after internal debates we decided to go with historically accurate design. It was important to us to be straight about this fact in the Spotlight Article to make sure you know what you are paying for.

Second, as with any other Premium ship, Prinz Eugen offers +50% XP and +50% Commander XP with an additional bonus camo giving an additional 50% Commander XP bonus on top of that, for a +100% Commander XP total boost.This leaves her unmatched in speedily training German Commanders, and has since been clarified in the article. Although this benefit is unrelated to gameplay, we wanted to test its impact on perceived value of the ship.

Third, the staggered release approach is an experiment and we constantly adjusting our methods to learn what works and what doesn't. Our intention was to deliver additional value to the players who purchased the Deluxe and Fully Loaded bundles in the form of earlier access to the ship. We had concerns that this design might upset buyers of the "bare bones" bundle, but didn't anticipate the magnitude.

And as with all our experiments, this is a learning moment for us which we will to take into account with future bundles.
Please rest assured: your feedback is heard and appreciated. 

The result was obviously: we earn more money doing it this way and who cares if players are upset.

Super Tester
2,500 posts
1,541 battles

Actually,the Graf Spee was WG saying 'we don't care, give us money' to the players.

I dunno, I got my free Graf Spee nonetheless, it did take quite a bit more effort though.

This time around it's effort comparable to the ARP ship grind, which wasn't very difficult or time consuming.

1,660 posts
10,249 battles

I often wonder why people think it is good value to buy a pixel ship for $134.   That's a lot of beer.

Yeah I always thought the prices of premium ships were a bit ridiculous, which is why I don't buy them often. Why buy a pixel ship when I can buy a brand new AAA game for the same price?

Beta Tester
823 posts
5,032 battles

Uuuughh Hood's AP is abysmally bad. Shatters so much even on slightly angled cruisers. Using AP averaging 35-40k dmg per match. Using HE averaging around 80-100k dmg per match.

Beta Tester
823 posts
5,032 battles

It's the weekend and there's an event so all aboard the 10% winrate train. 

The ship is fun to play in T7,everything else is [Content Removed].

Inapproriate use of words, Post Edited, User Sanctioned
~Ephys

Edited by Ephys

[LBAS]
Beta Tester
391 posts

NA: First come first serve [censored]

And the whiners Constructive complainers (Self claimed) enjoyed that.
Edited by spixys

178 posts
3,825 battles

Love the turret speed... if only the turning circle was the same.  I've enjoyed Hood every time I played her.  She is worth getting even if you are waiting for the 8th of June, you've got something to look forward too.  I am going to get a lot of enjoyment from Hood :)

I've seen so many pictures and line drawing of her but it can be hard to imagine her true size.  The model gives me a very good sense of what she must have been like.  She's long and lean.

Edited by Rear_Admiral_Sir_Dr_Pain