You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Captain_Fathom

So, the Hood is out on the NA server already....

34 comments in this topic

63 posts
1,554 battles

No, no, no and no...  Not this drip-feed BS again, Wargaming, please? Maybe Asia will be different but I doubt it.

​Pander to the rich, make the poorer (but still paying) wait. The incentive to pay more for all of the fruit would still attract the people who can afford it without the artificial BS of making people wait.

​We didn't have this with the Ohkotnik (that's the last new-release ship I recall seeing) so why go back to a marketing strategy which I'm almost certain that people have detested and protested about on previous occasions?

​The NA guys don't like it either although some seem a tad confused about the Hood's place in the Bismarck mission... that could have been handled better, WG...

https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/common/hood-stuff-with-friends/​

P.S. I,  and I'm sure many others, would prefer a package that had the Hood's pennant instead of the special signals as a package, btw. I reckon WG have stepped on their danglies by not providing that option, particularly in a region where the average income across the server members isn't that high...

Edited by Captain_Fathom

Super Tester
7,578 posts
8,005 battles

Different server runs on different plans and schedules. I'm afraid if you can't wait a few days, or can't even wait for regular premium shop rotation, then there is no option but to go and play on NA server. Although I might warn you, grasses are always greener on the other side of the fence.

Edited by icy_phoenix

43 posts
759 battles

No, no, no and no...  Not this drip-feed BS again, Wargaming, please? Maybe Asia will be different but I doubt it.

​Pander to the rich, make the poorer (but still paying) wait. The incentive to pay more for all of the fruit would still attract the people who can afford it without the artificial BS of making people wait.

​We didn't have this with the Ohkotnik (that's the last new-release ship I recall seeing) so why go back to a marketing strategy which I'm almost certain that people have detested and protested about on previous occasions?

​The NA guys don't like it either although some seem a tad confused about the Hood's place in the Bismarck mission... that could have been handled better, WG...

P.S. I,  and I'm sure many others, would prefer a package that had the Hood's pennant instead of the special signals as a package, btw. I reckon WG have stepped on their danglies by not providing that option, particularly in a region where the average income across the server members isn't that high...

Hood is (or will be) available for all the servers, but Mikasa only for ASIA, not for RU. Some things can't be done everywhere. Everything is okay. 

Super Tester
2,500 posts
1,535 battles

You people are great at reading comprehension.

He's refering to the staggered premium bundle release that Wargaming has already pulled with Graf Spee a couple months ago.

I.e. "Buy now with this large, extravagant, overpriced bundle or buy her by herself four days before the campaign ends."

Personally I'm not a fan of this either, but who am I to judge Wargaming because of one bad decision... ... :rolleyes:

Edited by Retia

[SIF]
Super Tester
3,849 posts
4,140 battles

As much as we want to whinge about it, WG isn't a charity.   They need to fun space station upgrades.  The marketing strategy is a strong one.  Get people while the hype is there and the ease of completing the Bismark campaigns.  Plenty of people will fold and buy it at the higher price.

2,222 posts
13,737 battles

My concern is the cost when we are able to buy it.  It seems a very expensive package!  :ohmy:  I normally get the basic package of any premium ship but that doesn't seem to be an option in the NA store.

Look again. It is there.

85 posts

WOW are amateurs when it comes to Marketing products.

Senior Moderator
4,798 posts
1,924 battles

WOW are amateurs when it comes to Marketing products.

yeah Blizzard are in comparison to WG's ability to build hype by delaying the release of product by a couple of days :P

980 posts
12,617 battles

As much as we want to whinge about it, WG isn't a charity.   They need to fun space station upgrades.  The marketing strategy is a strong one.  Get people while the hype is there and the ease of completing the Bismark campaigns.  Plenty of people will fold and buy it at the higher price.

Happy to pay the developers of a good game like this one. 

However, I can wait - I'll just get the ship + port slot when the option comes. No rush. 

Video Contributor
860 posts
10,965 battles

I often wonder why people think it is good value to buy a pixel ship for $134.   That's a lot of beer.

Well for some, an arbitrarily priced >$2000 skin is still a good value.

Alpha Tester
44 posts
3,384 battles

If you're going to kill-steal* one ship today, make it this one

hood.JPG

*remove guns from the game...

hood.JPG

Beta Tester
823 posts
4,972 battles

The Hood is actually pretty good. I've done 96k dmg in a tier 9 battle and 162k dmg in a tier 7 battle. Her guns turn much faster now and the ship actually feels FUN.

Also, spamming HE and abusing the 34% fire chance gets the enemy to abuse the hell out of you in chat and report you like crazy.

So many german BB's cooking to death ^.^

Super Tester
2,500 posts
1,535 battles

On the positive side of things the campaign goals are far easier to achieve this time in comparison to the Graf Spee campaign.

Haifisch and I blasted through the first two missions easily yesterday and I'm also sitting at cozy 19/24 collectibles for the special Bismarck camos with

11 dublicates, i.e. 2 more collectibles an 1 dublicate and I have 24/24.

Edited by Retia