You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
MatterCore

The hunt for Bismarck

156 comments in this topic

[LBAS]
4,485 posts
25,665 battles

2,222 posts
13,723 battles

I for one will be taking the modified XP route.

edit: Forgetting that the real event has more stars than the PTS one. 

Edited by keskparane

1,105 posts

HOHOHO

well.... at least i can skip playing Bayern and Gnissenau :V and also free Bismarck is awesome! full upgrade right?

well, 1~2x CV massive strike is enough for dealing 35K damage to GK..... or AA build Tirpitz :V

2,222 posts
13,723 battles

notice Hood require to do:coin:

Only to complete all missions and earn achievement. Every other aspect apart from those few specific missions can be completed.

Beta Tester
823 posts
4,972 battles

Deal 35,000 damage to enemy German ships over any number of battles

Lets all use Japanese ships haha

Just a friendly reminder that the abbreviation you have used is considered derogatory and can get you a warning >.<

83 posts
3,463 battles

HOHOHO

well.... at least i can skip playing Bayern and Gnissenau :V and also free Bismarck is awesome! full upgrade right?

I'd still recommend working for and playing the Gneisenau.

​IMO its the first of the german line where its secondaries start to shine, and the 6km torps are also a very rare joy to play with. Main batteries were rather unreliable at range, but then so are most German BB's.

That beauty was pretty much my lifesaver in ranked battles.

think i'd reached about 70k extra XP before moving up to the Bismark I loved it so much

Edited by hughfj08

[LBAS]
4,485 posts
25,665 battles

HOHOHO

big mistake

Gun not accurate like Bayern and Konig

AA weaker than Gneisenau, Colorado

Amagi/NC/Alabama can citadel Bismarck easily(Gneisenau/Scharnhorst very hard)

1,105 posts

I'd still recommend working for and playing the Gneisenau.

​IMO its the first of the german line where its secondaries start to shine, and the 6km torps are also a very rare joy to play with. Main batteries were rather unreliable at range, but then so are most German BB's.

That beauty was pretty much my lifesaver in ranked battles.

think i'd reached about 70k extra XP before moving up to the Bismark I loved it so much

well.... my true aim is for GK, since i dont have credit anymore to buy another BB.... this campaign will help a lot :V

i mean, more than 10M credit are saved right? imagine you should purchase gni and bay.... and upgrade its modul.... cost a lot of time and credit :V

big mistake

Gun not accurate like Bayern and Konig

AA weaker than Gneisenau, Colorado

Amagi/NC/Alabama can citadel Bismarck easily(Gneisenau/Scharnhorst very hard)

if it can be used for ramming, then ITS fine....

and my aim is already bad, i am not sniper but point blank shotgunner :izmena:

[151ST]
1,013 posts
4,521 battles

I'm not going to have time, Overwatch competitive season is wrapping up so need to grind rank.

Would have been nice to pick up the Bismark as I wanted to push KM lines next...

Goodluck everyone with getting the Bismark!

Edit: fixed typo

Edited by S4pp3R

2 posts
2,000 battles

Why o why? Hood is needed in one of the task, Task no. 8 of the first mission, to complete mission no.1. How can I go to the second mission if I've not completed all the tasks in the very first mission without the use of the battleship Hood? So playing The Hunt for the Bismarck scenario requires you to shed some money to buy Hood in order for you to be able to progress in the scenario. If this is the case then The battleship Bismarck is not totally free. It is just compensated by the battleship Hood, that you will buy, in order for you to progress further in the game. Sigh, when I thought I could get Bismarck less tedious and for free. bummed

[LLBC]
747 posts
6,863 battles

Why o why? Hood is needed in one of the task, Task no. 8 of the first mission, to complete mission no.1. How can I go to the second mission if I've not completed all the tasks in the very first mission without the use of the battleship Hood? So playing The Hunt for the Bismarck scenario requires you to shed some money to buy Hood in order for you to be able to progress in the scenario. If this is the case then The battleship Bismarck is not totally free. It is just compensated by the battleship Hood, that you will buy, in order for you to progress further in the game. Sigh, when I thought I could get Bismarck less tedious and for free. bummed

Each of the task is repeatable for collecting stars, though you won't be getting rewards the second time you re-run it.

Also, you can also hope for the free camo for Bismarck, which worth a few thousands of doubloon by completing all the collections you get from completing each task.

Still, 20s day to grind through all this is quite a bit grindier than the spee itself.

294 posts
2,997 battles

Yea I am gonna take this slow. Too much grind for the Bismarck camo. Bismarck itself seems doable but I am still not pushing myself. It isn't a premium ship and I am already close to my Amagi. Have fun folks who wanted to push the KM BB line.

[SIF]
Super Tester
3,836 posts
4,138 battles

It's not super grindy.   Knocked over the first 2 missions yesterday arvo playing pure solo.   I find these campaigns are a bit of fun (similar to the Graf missions)

83 posts
3,463 battles

​You don't need to complete all the tasks to be able to move on to the next selection. Each task is worth a certain amount of stars, and you just need to earn a certain amount of stars to move onto the next selection.  The Hood is unnecessary to complete this campaign. Just makes it faster

146 posts
10,230 battles

Yea I am gonna take this slow. Too much grind for the Bismarck camo. Bismarck itself seems doable but I am still not pushing myself. It isn't a premium ship and I am already close to my Amagi. Have fun folks who wanted to push the KM BB line.

The camo is easy - I've already unlocked it and haven't finished stage 3 yet.

Getting the actual Bismark will be a grind - but 3 weeks should be plenty of time. 

294 posts
2,997 battles

The camo is easy - I've already unlocked it and haven't finished stage 3 yet.

Getting the actual Bismark will be a grind - but 3 weeks should be plenty of time. 

You don't have my luck. First 2 containers I opened, 2 duplicates. xD

As I said, I'll take it slow. Let's see what happens.

[SIF]
Super Tester
3,836 posts
4,138 battles

You don't have my luck. First 2 containers I opened, 2 duplicates. xD

As I said, I'll take it slow. Let's see what happens.

​Don't let it worry you. I'm 3 missions down. 18 out of 24 flags and 10 dups.  The dups pop up in nearly every crate.  As it says, they may be used to purchase collection items so they are worth something anyway.

294 posts
2,997 battles

​Don't let it worry you. I'm 3 missions down. 18 out of 24 flags and 10 dups.  The dups pop up in nearly every crate.  As it says, they may be used to purchase collection items so they are worth something anyway.

Yea just completed the first mission. Nearly every crate was duplicate. As you said, they are exchangeable so no paradise lost. Btw, is their a recommended pattern to pursuing the missions? I mean I am generally starting off with xp earning with and without modifiers one and then branching off to other type of missions. Is that a good approach?