You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Vorshlaghammer666

some battleships need secondary range buff

29 comments in this topic

280 posts
3,514 battles

I think some battleships needs some little bit secondary battery firing range (No Bismarck please)

secondary batteries is secondary source of damage and our personal defense armament since it can burn and damage ships too

because having a 5km stock secondary range is underpowered

for example: North Carolina has the fewest secondaries in all tier 8 battleships and why do they abandon it?

for real dawg . some battleships need secondary battery improvements

here's the list of Whips that needs secondary battery buff: North Carolina, Gneisenau, Bayern, New Mexico, and Colorado

some people might agree if they buff it to 6km or 6.5km .JUST Don't give them some 5km

203 posts
11,788 battles

So you're telling me we need to buff the already powerful class in the game when right now at borderline ridiculous level ? (Deleting DD at long range, Powerful AA, and Effective Secondaries)
You have biggest main battery firepower in the game.

You also get those secondaries as a bonus and they're doing "Free damage" on those unfortunate enough to be lurking inside their range. <- and you want this to be even more effective
Not to mention some even have AA power to make some cruiser shy.

You do realise buffing base secondary range = buffing the fully upgraded ones right ? I don't even wanna imagine how balance a battleship doing Free damage at 13 kms is.
Do I have to tell you how balance it is for players to take "Free damage" just for driving into that certain area around certain ship ?

Why do I felt like topics about "Buffing BB" starts to increase in the pass few days !?

435 posts
6,169 battles

So you're telling me we need to buff the already powerful class in the game when right now at borderline ridiculous level ? (Deleting DD at long range, Powerful AA, and Effective Secondaries)

You have biggest main battery firepower in the game.

You also get those secondaries as a bonus and they're doing "Free damage" on those unfortunate enough to be lurking inside their range. <- and you want this to be even more effective

Not to mention some even have AA power to make some cruiser shy.

You do realise buffing base secondary range = buffing the fully upgraded ones right ? I don't even wanna imagine how balance a battleship doing Free damage at 13 kms is.

Do I have to tell you how balance it is for players to take "Free damage" just for driving into that certain area around certain ship ?

Why do I felt like topics about "Buffing BB" starts to increase in the pass few days !?

OP didn’t suggest 13km! where did you get 13 from? stated was 6 to 6.5 but I believe the range should be at least that of the tier in km e.g. T8 secondary’s range set around about the 8km mark.

Knowingly that your battleship has more firepower than just the main guns will inspire tactical decisions.

This means that campers might make the decision to move forward and bring their secondary’s to bear (and for anyone else) and if they do then it’s not “Free damage” but a perk for assertive tactical action.

I played all the KM battleships with secondary’s builds and it did not make them “powerful class in the game when right now at borderline ridiculous level” but it did make me more tactically savvy (only when the KM BBs was release did opponents perceive them that they were unbeatable – and that perception was a whole lot of fun to play with too - it was always tactics that destroyed opponents). :teethhappy:

Having secondary’s, AA batteries and main guns all going off at the same time is dynamic, I support this for cruisers too.

Edited by BuckleUpBones

294 posts
2,997 battles

Buffing secondaries, in my opinion, will work like a two edge sword. On one hand, it will dilute the camping meta a bit where skilled players will have more incentive to push and lead an attack. But it will also make an average player give in to their YOLO instincts more than they usually do. Any good enemy will start kiting them outside their secondary range while they will aimlessly continue to pursue only to get their face smashed in by an invisible DD. I mean of-course this is all hypothetical but we all know how it is gonna pan out.

Super Tester
7,543 posts
7,986 battles

So North Carolina has the best AA in T8, now you want her to have on per secondaries with other T8 ships, after that you will post another thread asking, NC has devastating AA, why not give the same to Tirpitz and Bismarck.

Ever heard of tread-off? Yes, that's USN's trade-off for having 7.2 km massive AA bubble. Moreover, secondaries will never save you from anything, they are just secondary damage source, and against other battleships, they are pretty useless at close range cause they will hit the hull mostly.

Edited by icy_phoenix

Beta Tester
733 posts
3,155 battles

Because obviously, BB players can't handle DD's torp which should be the counter against BB but nope, they won't accept it.

Seriously, these kinds of post is one of the reasons that made the IJN DDs the way they are now.

1,490 posts

no, DDs have suffered enough as it is, we dont need them to go extinct like the CVs have

Yes we do, I hate DDs.. & I'm not the only one who does

:trollface:

Ordrazz

1,859 posts
5,797 battles

You know what, let's give the BBs a new "Defensive secondary" consumable where all secondaries dispersion are reducted by 99% and reload reduced by 99% and they will automatically aim for the unsaturated area and set 4 fires then switch to AP for broadside targets and give them all 12km range. 

:hiding:

[SIF]
Super Tester
3,834 posts
4,134 battles

I will do my best to make a sensible suggestion in light of the topic.

Lets give them laser cannons............and a force field..........and a cloaking device.

[LBAS]
Super Tester
1,287 posts

Lets give them laser cannons............and a force field..........and a cloaking device.

And 15km range torpedoes...........

980 posts
12,617 battles

Force field consumable:

- Active for 120 seconds

- Cooldown time 1 second

- All incoming shells will be redirected towards the citadel of the originating ship

- Enemy ships within 8km will be instantly sunk

I think BBs need this, they are underpowered. 

[LLBC]
747 posts
6,859 battles

instead of BB, why not CV? Give them 8km base. 12km full secondary build. Especially Kaga and T8+ CVs :teethhappy:

That something I can get behind. With a workable secondary range and emergency takeoff, the CV secondary build could actually be a thing. :D

But 1+ km turning radius can be a pain in the aft with secondary build though.

Hopefully, btw, Shinano would also be viable too with Yammy's HP, armor, and TDS.

Edited by Admiral_Neptulussus

[LLBC]
747 posts
6,859 battles

Suicide Force field consumable:

- Active for 120 seconds Always active, cannot be disabled

- Cooldown time 1 second

- All incoming shells will be redirected towards the citadel of the originating ship of your ship and explode inside regardless of armor layout or thickness

- Enemy ships within 8km will cause you to be instantly sunk

:ohmy::trollface:

84 posts
4,438 battles

Battleship is the most famous class in the game instead of cruiser that WG want.

I don't think they'll buff what they want to be less famous(but still those USN BB could have some help :p)

1,386 posts
8,230 battles

Battleship is the most famous class in the game instead of cruiser that WG want.

I don't think they'll buff what they want to be less famous(but still those USN BB could have some help :p)

Cruisers are no less popular than battleships in high tiers.

And I don't get the logic behind wargaming's "cruiser should be most popular" idea. Wasn't battleships what most people wanted when they started playing this game?

294 posts
2,997 battles

To be honest, cruisers are a better bet to play at higher tiers than BB at the moment. While BB captains have to wait 25 to 30 seconds for their guns to load, a pack of 2 to 3 cruisers can burn that BB down with focus firing in that time frame. With them firing at ever 12 seconds, they can light that BB with four fires straight and when BB finally loads, they can use their WASD hacks to dodge the attack. If they still get hit, a good lot of the shells would most probably overpenn with minimal damage or maybe 1 citadel. And then, RIP BB because consumables are on cool down. Hence, viva la camping battleships.

Edited by LonerPrime

1,107 posts
7,844 battles

it would be interesting to make Secondary option a Viable build choice for every nation battleship line

for now we have some kind of unique flavor for Secondaries

Germans were fast firing, Long ranged and their 150mm can pen angled bow-in ships

IJN, is not as fast firing as German one, albeit posses similiar reach. they offer mix of AP-HE secondaries - which can be usefull in very very spesific circumtances

US were worst, They have slow firing rate, and short range, at TX they have highest fire chance as unique flavor. a slight 1km range buff would help, but certainly it still overshadowed by other nations flavor

I would like to see, that Secondary build would be viable for each BB line. with each nation promoting diffrent flavor (brits, italian, french in future)

just as Viable choice to promote diversity and diluted the established META, and not  become the most optimum build like germans

Edited by humusz

435 posts
6,169 battles

Alot of posters are intimating that enhancing secondary’s would ruin their game plan, I think they're just at panic stations.

In reality, builds don’t suit every battle and for secondary's it requires CQC to be practical. Divide those battles by the amount of players who don’t want to setup their ships with secondary’s, then the impact of secondary’s enhancements would actually be minor.

Any destroyer captain can quickly despatch or wreck battleships pushing too hard or running solo and it be a half-baked cruiser captain who closes the range on a battleship to the point they can’t use WASD or within range of secondary’s.

But hiking up secondary’s would be a mayor intensification for those players who seek out CQC.

Edited by BuckleUpBones

280 posts
3,514 battles

having a good secondaries actually motivates BB players to Fight in closer range.

that means that their body is ready to give no quarters "i observed Bismarck and it checks out they are willing to die in close range"