Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
THUNDERCOMMANDER4

can someone tell what was fair with taking manual drop from tier 4-5 cv

26 comments in this topic

[1AN-E]
303 posts
3,837 battles

i seriously still dont get after a month with the patch out  why they got rid of manual drop. all i can say is it sucks it make people less enthusiastic about cv and u take away a vital skill to be learned as a cv in the most vital teirs and for my personal opinion it pushes player even further away from cv more than it already is

203 posts
11,788 battles

Removal of manual drop did prevent experienced players from being extremely effective with CV at low tier games where most of ships can't defend themselves thanks to weak AA.
This come at a cost, you could argue this is a game breaking change for CVs. (Since we're talking about this anyway)
Here are the problems.
 1. If you see a smoke and you want to strike a ship inside it. That's not gonna happen because you can't target them.
 2. Low tier CV can no longer be (extremely) effective when it comes to dealing damage. <- which is both good and bad
 3. Air superiority (201)Bogue can now controls the air with ease unless it go up against another 201Bogue. Because Fighters can't strafe anymore so its all about whoever has a better plane (+RNG)
 4. As stated at (3) Since players can't deal damage effectively then they will just do whatever they could and for this case its gaining air superiority and intels on enemy position (spotting with planes)

5. New CV players has to learn this Crucial Mechanics of CV gameplay at the worst possible time as they progress (Tier 6) and at this tier most ships has good - devastating Anti Air powers.
 6. Experienced players can still do as stated at (3) to their advantage.

TL DR: It does push some players away from low tiers CV and giving a new players an easier way to learn how basic CV gameplay works as a bonus but that bonus will bite them as they progress.

Edited by MikuChrome

435 posts
6,169 battles

I’m seeing alot more CVs in T6 games now, all that WG has accomplish is moving seal-clubbers up a couple of tiers and screwed T4-T5 CVs games, another fail adventure at the population expense.    

On the plus side, it’s now possible to have T6 cruisers with AA builds because of the T6 CV population, which is not what WG had florescence.

And what WG should have done in the first place, is to re-arm T4-T5 ships with better AA auras. The result of curving seal-clubbers would have been the same but CVs manual drops would still be active, thus keeping the game dynamic and the meta in a better state.

Edited by BuckleUpBones

Super Tester
2,500 posts
1,535 battles

Removal of manual drop did prevent experienced players from being extremely effective with CV at low tier games where most of ships can't defend themselves thanks to weak AA.

You say this but...

RukRGb8.png

273 posts
23,594 battles

I felt better solutions to low tier CV seal clubbers would be either to increase AA for t4 and t5 ships (give cruisers defensive AA at earlier tiers perhaps) or at the very least include manual attacks for fighters, even if you remove them from torpedo and dive bombers.

1,124 posts

well, just put up some boundaries 

don't put tier 5 CV that can't manual against tier 6+ that can do everything

last match I found CV tier 5 and 6 on both team and you know... chat box full of salt =w='a

Edited by PGM991

Super Tester
7,527 posts
7,978 battles

Yes, t5 CVs should not be in the same mm with higher tier CVs. I'm surprised that WG didn't even think about that. Autodrop CVs should fight with other autodrop CVs.

[SIF]
Super Tester
3,829 posts
4,103 battles

My collection of DFAA cruisers wwelcomes the increase in CVs at mid tiers.   It was a wasteland.  It was rare to see CV's at 7/8/9/10 as id made more sense as a CV driver to fly where the air wasn't thick with AAA so low tiers got hammered.

435 posts
6,169 battles

[quote name=

RukRGb8.png

Average Planes Destroyed By T4 Cruisers

Kuma                                  0.32

Phoenix                               0.21

Karlsruhe                            0.05

Svietlana                             0.11

Danae                                  0.36

Duguay-Trouin                   0.31

Similar stats for T5 cruisers and T4 battleships and a little better for T5 battleships, most of the ships under 1.0 average. Cleveland average is 2.96.

Why can’t WG see that this is the area to fix and improve or re-balance.

Edited by BuckleUpBones

84 posts
4,438 battles

I know it's bad for newbie learning CV but how do you enjoy playing tier 4 ship and get deleted 5 minute in the game by a single well placed drop from Hosho?

I personally don't find it hard to get 60k damage every game in my Hosho with manual drop and I'm not even a unicorn. 

Edited by Strik3agle98

Super Tester
2,500 posts
1,535 battles

Average Planes Destroyed By T4 Cruisers

Kuma                                  0.32

Phoenix                               0.21

Karlsruhe                            0.05

Svietlana                             0.11

Danae                                  0.36

Duguay-Trouin                   0.31

Similar stats for T5 cruisers and T4 battleships and a little better for T5 battleships, most of the ships under 1.0 average. Cleveland average is 2.96.

Why can’t WG see that this is the area to fix and improve or re-balance.

Because these numbers by themselves mean nothing.

There always were plenty of battles without any carriers, which usually translates into 0 planes shot down.

Then you add those battles where you never get to shoot down planes.

Whenever low tier CVs went after my Myogi it usually looked somewhat like this:

Meanwhile it's average planes shot down is still only at 2.13, because quite often a CV would either not go for me,

get deplaned by another CV or just simply not be in the match.

I personally don't find it hard to get 60k damage every game in my Hosho with manual drop and I'm not even a unicorn. 

Same with auto drop tbh, and I'm also just an average player.

203 posts
11,788 battles

Being extremely effective at dealing damage - Deleting every ship with every drop just like what Strik3agle98 said.

My point still stands. Sure you can get considerable amount of damage with auto drops but you'll do better with manual drop.

When I play tier 4-5 games there's plenty of matches with CVs around .. or its just my luck :teethhappy:

Edit: Why WG can't see this AA problem at low tiers ? - They see it but they still want "Historical Accuracy" to be in play as well just like Detonation mechanics.

Edited by MikuChrome

[LLBC]
747 posts
6,851 battles

There always were plenty of battles without any carriers, which usually translates into 0 planes shot down.

Whenever low tier CVs went after my Myogi it usually looked somewhat like this:

I have been in this situation with the Mio as well but with much less spectacular result.

I ended up doing minimal damage to the enemy team because I spend 3/4 of the in-game time evading the TB drops from CV that decided to continue focusing me. Even after several unsuccessful attempts. At some point I called out they are "wasting time" trying to drop at me to no avail.

Edited by Admiral_Neptulussus

435 posts
6,169 battles

The same (instance in) percentage of non-CV battles applies to all ships, without exception all battles are included in stats for all ships, listed stats are categorically representative.:facepalm:

So this means that the Cleveland stat is reciprocal to the Kartsrube stat including non-CVs battles.:facepalm:

Edited by BuckleUpBones

83 posts
3,463 battles

personally I still see as many seal clubbers as before the patch.

​Difference now being that new CV players haven't a chance in hell of stopping them.

​Once they have that extra plane in the squads they just out strength new CV players in dogfights which they cant do anything about.

[MEGA]
4,562 posts
17,552 battles

personally I still see as many seal clubbers as before the patch.

​Difference now being that new CV players haven't a chance in hell of stopping them.

​Once they have that extra plane in the squads they just out strength new CV players in dogfights which they cant do anything about.

and before strafes and auto drops were removed, a good 110 bouge player could wipe the field of a 201 bouge that dosnt know how to strafe, and oneshot pretty much every DD and CA/CL in it's tier bracket with no chance of stopping them, this is much more fair for new player because it lowers the skill ceiling so unicums cant preform as well as well at those tiers as they used to, thus giving new players a better chance of winning that dosnt matter anymore everyone fishes at t7 these days in saipan

[AUSNZ]
[AUSNZ]
Super Tester
1,039 posts
7,702 battles

Its a fine line. Perhaps alter T4 and T5 to let fighters not strafe but TB and DB manual drop?

That will give players damage options without the seal clubbers being able to strafe opposition into the ground. 

Definitely the T5/T6 combined CVs is brutal as the T6 strafe their opposition into the ground. Not fun for the T5 CV at all.

83 posts
3,463 battles

and before strafes and auto drops were removed, a good 110 bouge player could wipe the field of a 201 bouge that dosnt know how to strafe, and oneshot pretty much every DD and CA/CL in it's tier bracket with no chance of stopping them, this is much more fair for new player because it lowers the skill ceiling so unicums cant preform as well as well at those tiers as they used to, thus giving new players a better chance of winning that dosnt matter anymore everyone fishes at t7 these days in saipan

So? Same can happen at t6 with the independence on a 1/1/1 against a 2/0/1

​and that is just as likely to happen as it was at t5 since the player doesn't have strafe until that later tier and is then just as unlikely to know how to strafe properly.

​If anything it makes it more likely that they'd not strafe as they've just worked through two tiers without it  and developed a habit or, for new players to wows, not knowing it exists at all. I know I had no idea and found it by accident just from habit of pressing alt as a cl/bb.

And once a player knows to strafe, the close dropping issue becomes a lot less as the new player can at least compete and not just get stomped on like now where the increased fighter size guarantee's a dogfight victory. Not just very likely. Guarantee (Unless dumdum move is made and engage over their ships) Leaving them free to hunt bombers with impunity. Its not as fast, but now its inevitable

Edited by hughfj08

Sign in to follow this