You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
HMASSydney

How do you report players

17 comments in this topic

17 posts

The reason I'm asking is because twice in the last week I have been fired upon (with guns) by a friendly player in the first 10-20 seconds of a game starting.

Earlier in the week a team mate shot at the ship in front of me, then started shooting at me. He was obviously a knob, so I sunk him and received a team killer pink penalty.

Today I was in my Murmansk and the destroyer next to me instantly started firing at my boat and knocked my rudder out. I was in a game where 80% of the boats

in the red team were tier 6 and 7 cruisers, so I didn't have time to go chasing him.

It obviously happens a lot to other players, because you see the warning come up in chat at the start of lots of games.

It's a gutless act and any players blatantly firing their guns at team mates should be able to be easily reported without taking replays of games etc.

294 posts
2,997 battles

"An eye for an eye makes the world blind". Don't hit allies even if they fire on you. They are taking penalties when they damage you so you don't really need to exercise justice on them. Simply right click on their name post battle and report. Your work is done. Move on to the next game.

[SIF]
Super Tester
3,824 posts
4,103 battles

Don't shoot back.   Save the file and send it to support or alternatively contact a mod who can follow it through.  If they are already pink the damage is reflected on them.    Most importantly keep your own nose clean until your pinkness goes away and don't lose sleep over it.   The Universal similarity of all online games is the do have a percentage of dicks.    That will never change.

17 posts

You killed him, so you are the one who is actually guilty. If you hadn't done that, may be you could send the replay to mods for some action, but no, you killed him.

My question wasn't about who was guilty... I was asking how to report players so I don't have to shoot them back.

In my world if somebody king hits you, they are the guilty ones, no matter what happens to them afterwards.

17 posts

"An eye for an eye makes the world blind". Don't hit allies even if they fire on you. They are taking penalties when they damage you so you don't really need to exercise justice on them. Simply right click on their name post battle and report. Your work is done. Move on to the next game.

Thanks for the help... I will restrain myself next time and right click on them. 

Super Tester
7,520 posts
7,978 battles

My question wasn't about who was guilty... I was asking how to report players so I don't have to shoot them back.

In my world if somebody king hits you, they are the guilty ones, no matter what happens to them afterwards.

Well, now you know how to report them in game, you should also know that reporting means nothing in this game (we get reported almost everyday mostly by enemies because of outplaying them). It will only reduce said player's karma, which is an useless number anyway.

You need to enable replays [instructions]. So that when this kind of thing happens again, you can send it to proper channel. Your forum post only tells us one side of the story.

Oh, last but not the least, it is not your world, its a team game.

85 posts

Thanks for the help... I will restrain myself next time and right click on them. 

Also post ingame too all the other players to report that player as well I'm sure the majority of players are their to play within the rules and hate these guys just as much. That way he'll get hit with 10+ reports at once.

[SIF]
Senior Moderator
2,562 posts

In game reporting does work, please stop spreading lies about something you do not see working.

OP - as stated, never return fire on an enemy, the automatic system does not discriminate between two frendlies foreign at each other.

Enable

Replays and contact a Mod, we can get the GM's to take a look. Be warned though, the GM's will act on every infringement in the game, not just the TK

Senior Moderator
4,798 posts
1,924 battles

And mods also give you a free Belfast code when you PM them. 

Runs away

on the Alpha Centauri cluster......

[MEGA]
4,561 posts
17,548 battles

In game reporting does work, please stop spreading lies about something you do not see working..

i have never in all my 11k battles in wows see in game reporting work for anything apart from being muted for shouting at teammates, TK and such as far as i know dont get noticed even if you get reported

1,859 posts
5,797 battles

​who ever said you HAVE to shoot them back?

[SIF]
Senior Moderator
2,562 posts

i have never in all my 11k battles in wows see in game reporting work for anything apart from being muted for shouting at teammates, TK and such as far as i know dont get noticed even if you get reported

You are not suppose to. 

The system is designed to work behind the scenes, remember, WG does not tell you the out come of actions taken, Mods only add that data too the forums to assist in warnings.

Beta Tester
733 posts
3,155 battles

If you fire back then you're already lost because that's their intention. They fired at you with the intention for you to shoot them back and obtain the pink status upon yourself.

Don't know why but i'm seeing these kinds of players a lot in low-mid tiers nowadays :hmm:

[LBAS]
4,460 posts
25,598 battles

And mods also give you a free Belfast code when you PM them. 

uns away

oh yeah it could be done

Belfast code: +44028 (Calling code)