You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
keskparane

We need a better system for dealing with people who intentionally shoot team

42 comments in this topic

2,217 posts
13,673 battles

I'm not talking about TK here. I'm talking about those people who just shoot you a few times because they don't like what you are doing. Then they go and report you 7 times because you didn't do what they wanted. They whittle away your health and make it harder for you to be effective. Maybe if they hadn't my DD could have earned even more than 2x their score. Coming first I couldn't have placed any better.

You wanna argue... ok

You gonna give me negative karma.... not happy

You gonna shoot me... something should be done!

In the past I have reported intentional team damage, I can't be bothered this time, nothing appears to come of it. Last person I reported went on to repeat the behavior a few days after WG said they had addressed the player. 

1,105 posts

beside torp, they should make no friendly fire with shell..... [full immune]

also, THERE SHOULD NO FLOOD OR FIRE CHANCE

i am just hit friendly BB with 1 Torp, its sunk because just 1 torp from half of its HP.... stupid flooding.....

AND WE LOSE! WHY? BECAUSE I AM SUNK TOO!! WHAT THE HECK!

[LNA]
1,657 posts
10,421 battles

The morons are everywhere amd i sympathize with you. I play strike US cv and trust me i meet those arrogants fool on a daily basis esp in the afternoon or morning when kids have time to turn on the PC and roll their face on the keyboard.

Best solution is a replay and sent to support.

The worst part is that WG still havent solidified their rules regarding this kind of harrassment and shaming where they wont turn pink cause they expolit the karma system

Beta Tester
358 posts
7,415 battles

i am just hit friendly BB with 1 Torp, its sunk because just 1 torp from half of its HP.... stupid flooding.....

​So if I understand you correctly you hit a friendly with just one torpedo which then sinks as a result of you hitting the friendly with one of your torpedoes. Then you sink as a result of damage reflected back to you and as a result of you hitting a friendly with one of your torpedoes and your team looses because it's all WG's fault, not yours?

I'm not sure which side your arguing for here?

Edited by Epicurus_

1,481 posts

I'll let you in on a very special secret,.......

If you don't send torpedoes loose when an ally is near, then there is no chance of hitting him........

Using torpedoes needs the special ability to look carefully around for allied ships BEFORE letting them go....

Esp if there are DDs present, as they have a habit of zigzagging .....

so unless your an idiot & releases torpedoes miles away from an enemy at the start of the game, there's no excuse to TK with torpedoes.

Ordrazz

Super Tester
1,056 posts
8,984 battles

I'm not talking about TK here. I'm talking about those people who just shoot you a few times because they don't like what you are doing. Then they go and report you 7 times because you didn't do what they wanted. They whittle away your health and make it harder for you to be effective. Maybe if they hadn't my DD could have earned even more than 2x their score. Coming first I couldn't have placed any better.

You wanna argue... ok

In the past I have reported intentional team damage, I can't be bothered this time, nothing appears to come of it. Last person I reported went on to repeat the behavior a few days after WG said they had addressed the player. 

While it is against the rules to use "offensive" words and to name and shame within WG-moderated areas, anything outside of that is fair game... hint hint.

2,217 posts
13,673 battles

While it is against the rules to use "offensive" words and to name and shame within WG-moderated areas, anything outside of that is fair game... hint hint.

I don't wanna go on a witch hunt. I don't wanna name and shame. I simply don't think WG should allow them a mechanic to ruin it for other players. Allowing them to reduce the health of your ship is a handicap.

All allied damage should be deducted from the source. If you fire the shots then you take the damage.

Beta Tester
358 posts
7,415 battles

All allied damage should be deducted from the source. If you fire the shots then you take the damage.

​Yes on the surface I think that this would have a far greater effect to stopping intentional team damage than a temp ban would though I suspect if players know that they won't take damage from friendly players there would be an opportunity to block friendly fire from within smoke or behind islands to troll allies.

2,217 posts
13,673 battles

But they can block you now. If you want to keep firing and risk TK that is up to you. Trolls gonna troll, let's take damage out of their arsenal. 

Super Tester
2,500 posts
1,535 battles

You know, back when I was still at school I played this popular game called Counter-Strike, back in 2001.

Back then when you joined a server that had... "special" people on it there was one of two possibilities:

1.) An admin appeared and used his tech arcana to remove the "special" people

2.) The server belonged to the "special" people or all admins were asleep

See, for the later one there was a very fascinating countermeasure.

"Leave the server and pick a new one"

Now you see, with a game like WoWS where every battle has a different batch of randomly thrown together teams

the necessity of switching servers is gone.

Next battle the dice will be cast again and unless the server population is below 4k the chances of meeting the

same "special" people again is quite slim.

Not to mention that there's this tech arcana skill I learned a while ago of "waiting before queuing up again",

an incredible skill to keep myself from getting the same players twice in a row during low server population times.

But then again, I'm the type of player who used to just let people shove his light tank out of a bush and into the enemy's view in WoT,

because frankly spoken, I have no reason to assist "special" people in their "special" interests... that's what darwinism is for.

Tldr:

The current teamattack/kill mechanics are working as intended, any more or less wouldn't be helpful, tweaks and stitches that are within reason

of keeping the gameplay fluid wouldn't be bad, also:

Going guns blazing and utilising the Exit Battle button works wonders.

Edited by Retia

[SIF]
Super Tester
3,828 posts
4,103 battles

For the most part I have been lucky in wot and wows when it comes to team damage.  Sure it happens rarely and its annoying.   I can also nearly guarantee that a lot of the shots in the arse I got were for me being "special"

2,217 posts
13,673 battles

My recent fiasco was for not capping. Yes I was the only DD and they had 2 DD. Yes I capped all 3 caps by myself. But I still deserved it. :amazed:

[LBAS]
Super Tester
1,281 posts

I lament with you Kesk, because you meet the same people doing the same things in Co-Op as well.

If only this game was introduced with a friendly fire "off" button............

1,105 posts

​So if I understand you correctly you hit a friendly with just one torpedo which then sinks as a result of you hitting the friendly with one of your torpedoes. Then you sink as a result of damage reflected back to you and as a result of you hitting a friendly with one of your torpedoes and your team looses because it's all WG's fault, not yours?

I'm not sure which side your arguing for here?

well, this wont BE HAPPEN if those BB dodge those torpedo. that is hit from the front bow! may be he did it on purpose? also why let the flooding for more than 1 min? the torp only 2K damage actually.... 2K damage.... but the flooding... deal massive damage -_-

I'll let you in on a very special secret,.......

If you don't send torpedoes loose when an ally is near, then there is no chance of hitting him........

Using torpedoes needs the special ability to look carefully around for allied ships BEFORE letting them go....

Esp if there are DDs present, as they have a habit of zigzagging .....

so unless your an idiot & releases torpedoes miles away from an enemy at the start of the game, there's no excuse to TK with torpedoes.

Ordrazz

GG 2K damage torpedo..... my mistake then

next time i am going to become Camping CV

I lament with you Kesk, because you meet the same people doing the same things in Co-Op as well.

If only this game was introduced with a friendly fire "off" button............

except for torpedo?

341 posts
4,007 battles

well, this wont BE HAPPEN if those BB dodge those torpedo. that is hit from the front bow! may be he did it on purpose? also why let the flooding for more than 1 min? the torp only 2K damage actually.... 2K damage.... but the flooding... deal massive damage -_-

GG 2K damage torpedo..... my mistake then

next time i am going to become Camping CV

except for torpedo?

If your torpedo hits a friendly, it is your fault no matter what. Don't drop if there's the risk at all.

Super Tester
7,526 posts
7,978 battles

If you drop torps near a friendly and panic him, force him to perform certain maneuver, or prevent him from doing one, then you are a traitor to the team, you suck and you deserve to be punished by the reduction of karma points.

There is no such excuse as he ran into your torps.

Super Tester
730 posts
3,239 battles

Two words to some up everything, situational awareness. Sure I've had my fair share of being shot at by the team and torping friendlies, but if we zoomed out to check our surroundings before we act they are perfectly avoidable. It's a bit like driving, you gotta check the mirrors every now and then, make sure you are not getting in other people's way, and if others are in your way, you'd have to move unless you are able to let the other person know to get out of yours (which is, usually, not a very nice thing to do often).

Like, you don't launch yourself into a lane where the cars are doing 100 to 120 and expect no repercussions...

1,859 posts
5,797 battles

​my question is how did you manage to hit a friendly.

980 posts
12,617 battles

You wanna argue... ok

If I see you in game i will report you for complaining about people reporting you for doing things that make yourself deserve to be reported. 

#logic

2,217 posts
13,673 battles

If I see you in game i will report you for complaining about people reporting you for doing things that make yourself deserve to be reported. 

#logic

7/10 for effort but.....

#logic

#makesnosense 

:P

307 posts
6,412 battles

If you drop torps near a friendly and panic him, force him to perform certain maneuver, or prevent him from doing one, then you are a traitor to the team, you suck and you deserve to be punished by the reduction of karma points.

There is no such excuse as he ran into your torps.

ahhh no i think you are being far to simplistic in your theory.   Lets say a DD is fighting a Battleship ... his torps are 10.5 kms range ... the enemy Battleship is 3kms away so he has to send his torps before blowing up..... 3 of the 6 Torps hit the battelship .... he sinks ..... the other 3 continue to run for a further 6.5 kms.  The minimap and map shows all friendly torps ... these torps are running at 55kms .... so slow moving and you can see them for the entire 10.5kms ... you run into them and sink 10kms away.   Darwinism at its finest.... you're stupid enough and not using the maps and the visions to see what is going around you then you deserve to get sunk by friendly fire.   Sorry there is no excuse for special players who do not watch everything around them.   And frankly if you had that happen to you, then you're very special.  Finally based on your comments the only way a DD can play is not to fire his torps ...as special players cannot watch the map.   I guess it suits BB players doesnt it?
Edited by Burnt_Out_Koalas

[MEGA]
4,561 posts
17,548 battles

the real qustion here is, why the hell would a ship be BEHIND a enemy ship and in the line of fire after the torps hit the target? one of the ships have to be really out of position for that to happen

307 posts
6,412 battles

If your torpedo hits a friendly, it is your fault no matter what. Don't drop if there's the risk at all.

Again as per my point i made before .... based on this theory that all your team mates are "Special player" and you have long range torps, then do not torp cause unless all 9 will hit a ship you could sink someone who does not use the minimap or vision around him/her of a torp that can run upto 10kms.    What about this situation, i was behind an island with a cruiser, enemy ship was 2kms behind the island.... the cruiser decided he wanted the inside path IE between me and the enemy ship so he slip inside me and as i went forward he went forward .... could drop my torps .... he got smashed and i was exposed and even if i drop my torps it would hit his sinking ship ....so i got sunk as well .... mind you he started behind me but he was a British cruiser so his take off was faster.... he cost himself and me at the same time and he could see me moving forward .... as i was about to hit the torp button he was a full steam ahead .... useless .... he should have gone pink and no i did not sink him i just took the loss on the cheek and shook my head in amazement at the TUNNEL vision he had.