You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Skarhabek

how to end the camping meta, 2x ship HP and fix the ramming damage!

47 comments in this topic

1,105 posts

what do you think?

1. 2x HP for all ship, make the YOLO noob harder to be insta deleted 

2. increase 50% torpedo damage (its damage actually decrease lol), +25% reload time

to balance the CV when ship have 2x HP :

3. nerf all AA range (after upgrade and skill) by 30%, bonus 35% range when activating AADF

4. all plane receive 2x HP buff too, but fighter DPS increase by 2x too. so plane vs plane still the same, but plane stronger againts AA ship.

to balance the ingame DoT :

5. fire deal half of the damage to battleship and cruiser, so battleship will not afraid to tanking damage

6. flooding no change

ramming mechanic :

7. the rammer took 25% HP from MAX HP, DEAL 90% Damage from Max HP

8. damage from ramming is 80% repairable :V

9. when there is only 1vs1 ship in match and both ship sunk, THE RAMMER WIN!

the timer :

10. match start after 3~5 min from the first ship got loading, so team can discuss the strategy 

will this change the meta? if ship have 2x HP at least it can make BB CAP or DD have more survivability. also it will make ship yoloable and can rush to destroy the camper. Now imagine if a BB ram another BB and survive, this will make the ram more viable strategy and punish those camper!

close quarter ship battle are more fun to see......

Edit :

some idea that cold work :

Best solution is just reduce their gun range to force them to get closer to shoot.

or make it dispersion 2x~3x ?

Edited by Skarhabek

Super Tester
989 posts
4,319 battles

I dont know about you but this is breaking the game tho. There will be always campers in game

Just like Anti Bac sanitizer. 99.9% bacteria gone. but still have 0.1% so u cant really tho

39 posts
1,652 battles

If you want to end the camping meta, perhaps suggest new maps that aren't as open and spacious as Tears of The Desert. I wouldn't suggest things like this.

That's just my two cents though

2,221 posts
13,698 battles

In a sense I feel that the camping meta is almost unavoidable.

When I first started playing I was very aggressive and would often yolo. My main desire was to grind through the ships asap. I didn't look at any stats.

As I progressed and the grinds became longer for each ship I started to care about winrate. I realized I needed to stay alive longer. This changed me from a yolo to a camper. I believe this change was also due to starting to play with less and less seals.

So with the main intention being to stay alive longer it took me quite a while to learn how to stay alive longer without camping.

I expect many in their own progression will become a camper at some point in their journey. Although some may never camp, and some will never stop camping. But there will always be a group that is currently in the camping stage, and in all fairness to them it might be the best thing for them at the time.

1,105 posts

I dont know about you but this is breaking the game tho. There will be always campers in game

Just like Anti Bac sanitizer. 99.9% bacteria gone. but still have 0.1% so u cant really tho

this camper will got CQB if the yolo ship manage to get close, 2x HP mean 2x more chance to close battle

If you want to end the camping meta, perhaps suggest new maps that aren't as open and spacious as Tears of The Desert. I wouldn't suggest things like this.

That's just my two cents though

imagine what will people do if a few yolo ship got to the center and harder to be killed? of course they will YOLO too! it will make the domination mode full of yoloer or they will lose by point!

In a sense I feel that the camping meta is almost unavoidable.

When I first started playing I was very aggressive and would often yolo. My main desire was to grind through the ships asap. I didn't look at any stats.

As I progressed and the grinds became longer for each ship I started to care about winrate. I realized I needed to stay alive longer. This changed me from a yolo to a camper. I believe this change was also due to starting to play with less and less seals.

So with the main intention being to stay alive longer it took me quite a while to learn how to stay alive longer without camping.

I expect many in their own progression will become a camper at some point in their journey. Although some may never camp, and some will never stop camping. But there will always be a group that is currently in the camping stage, and in all fairness to them it might be the best thing for them at the time.

its the opposite, i am started to be the sniper.... missed so much and then lose. go yolo and its worked.  after the mid tier the yolo is become harder, that is why i am playing CV so i can be aggresive. try the french CA recently, i thought with the speed boosta, it will make the ram look more cool.... not even reach T5, and i am doomed with yolo gameplay :V

now think again, if i have 2x HP in KM BB, with less fire damage and torp. what can i do? RAM bro RAM! the other problem is also existed. whenever i try to ram. my ship got destroyed too or FAIL to ram because GG secondary or friendly kill it first! if the enemy have more HP, it can be successfull ram...

Super Tester
2,725 posts

Even without doubling the HP, the majority of community is not willing to "tank"/take damage for the team or afraid of wall torpedoes. No one is leading the charge to death. We still have that players' mentally.

In other words, they are dependent on some players' miracle/well-placed shot to deplete enemy's HP before they could overwhelm the enemy team OR at least eliminate the enemy destroyers on that flank before pushing in.

Super Tester
562 posts
4,462 battles

Nice ideas but doubling health will do nothing except slow the game up even more. You'd make cruisers almost unplayable and battleships near unbeatable.  

A 3-5 minute pregame chat does nothing owing to asias language barriers, which is why the SEA server is so much harder to play on. Also most people are time sensitive so unless you want to reduce the game play to 15 minutes you'll kill the player base.

Nb. How do you tell which shop is ramming the other and imho ramming damage should be based on your current health not full health. 

You have some really intriguing ideas here but to be honest it's the players that are the issue not the ships. You can't stop yoloing just like you can't stop campers. If you're really serious about changing things my best suggestion is to lower xp rewards from ships firing at 80% or more but theirs plenty of flaws in this as well so I'm not even convinced it's the way to go either.

All i can say is you just have to play the best you can every game and win or lose as long as you've done your best, then go away happy. Don't dwell on loses or blame others. I know everyone has bad runs even when playing extremely well but there's also times when the team carries a poor game by yourself.

Good luck

[KGHSF]
3,205 posts
6,030 battles

You ask for nerf AA gun for buff the planes so you need surface die easily without shooting? 

[LBAS]
Super Tester
1,284 posts

The camping meta is here to stay I think.

It's just as good a strategy to hang back and let off salvo after salvo, then rushing in to be focus fired upon.

Your ideas won't affect the player base or meta.

Good thoughts though.....

1,105 posts

2x more HP means I'll survive longer if I stay and camp at the back. 

somebody need to cap or you will losing by point in domination mode. since ship harder to sunk, the point become more essential than trying to sunk enemy. think that is 3 enemy B in each cap, and they are harder to destoyed. so you will lose :V

Even without doubling the HP, the majority of community is not willing to "tank"/take damage for the team or afraid of wall torpedoes. No one is leading the charge to death. We still have that players' mentally.

well,.... at least that yolo player leading the charge dont sunk easily. the idea is making BB more stronger in tanking and can cap. since the BB have doble HP, the cap can be captured and if enemy BB insist on sniping, the Yolo BB got win by point.

it also encourage DD to hunt BB, since only torpedo the reliable damage. but BB can also take a few torpedos since its HP doubled and torp damage increase oly 50%. this mean CV spot for BB will actually more usefull, it will offer the AS loadout to be more usefull. well, DB can still spot, but fighter will intercept it. and last, the plane buff againts surface ship is meaning fighter who spot can be harder to shootdown.

Nice ideas but doubling health will do nothing except slow the game up even more. You'd make cruisers almost unplayable and battleships near unbeatable.  

A 3-5 minute pregame chat does nothing owing to asias language barriers, which is why the SEA server is so much harder to play on. Also most people are time sensitive so unless you want to reduce the game play to 15 minutes you'll kill the player base.

cruiser can be more survive againts BB or another CA since its HP got buffed too....

btw, Dot2 have some few min to discuss strategy. most people can talk in english so its fine. those people who dont patience is actually the potato who dont give sheet about winning and then rant ecause lose streak :V

Nb. How do you tell which shop is ramming the other and imho ramming damage should be based on your current health not full health. 

You have some really intriguing ideas here but to be honest it's the players that are the issue not the ships. You can't stop yoloing just like you can't stop campers. If you're really serious about changing things my best suggestion is to lower xp rewards from ships firing at 80% or more but theirs plenty of flaws in this as well so I'm not even convinced it's the way to go either.

well, Ram really need revamp. if i have 70% HP as BB and enemy BB have 20% HP...... BOTH SHIP GOT DESTROYED..... WHAT THE HECK!

the rammer is who he bow hit the broadside of target. if bow hit bow, both ship are rammer and take 100% damage dealt based on max HP

You ask for nerf AA gun for buff the planes so you need surface die easily without shooting? 

got AADF please

dude

git gud and carry. Campers will always exist even if you make their ship invincible

git gud at what? the double enemy HP mean i can ram it before it was destroyed by secondary or ally salvo

The camping meta is here to stay I think.

It's just as good a strategy to hang back and let off salvo after salvo, then rushing in to be focus fired upon.

Your ideas won't affect the player base or meta.

Good thoughts though.....

it will affect the domination mode

if BB cap, and nobody countering it.... they will lose by point, because ship are harder to sunk. 

Super Tester
1,056 posts
8,991 battles

Everytime I see a thread like this it makes me wonder if WG's stance of "buffing the less skillful playerbase" using completely nonsensical methods is actually reasonable.

Super Tester
2,500 posts
1,535 battles

the timer :

10. match start after 3~5 min from the first ship got loading, so team can discuss the strategy 

The last time I've seen actually useful and proper strategy discussions pre-battle in a Wargaming title was in the WoT beta.

That was 6 years ago, back when WoT was a niche game with an average player number of below 10k per day on the EU server.

[LNA]
1,659 posts
10,430 battles

Not wanting to get shot , not wanting to be the center of attention , wanting to be like everyone else is a culture thing and old habit dies hard. The law will never be as effective like a village ruling.

Do as the ROMAN do they said.

I find that most bb in this game fail to realize and make use of island as cover to maneuver and position right.

Most like to sit bow on in the middle of nowhere or circle around the back half of the map with no cover whatsoever expecting not to get hit and get less attention like a lonewolf. And that is the most hilarious , range and predictability as well as visions are what get those ones killed. It doesnt matter how far you sit back because the way they move is asking to get torped and shot full of HE holes

Beta Tester
823 posts
4,969 battles

Add more islands to maps to break LoS. As it is, if you push aggressively as BB you find yourself in a position of charge in and die, or slowly reverse and die. Few maps in higher tiers have enough islands in the conflict zones for you to escape or break direct LoS.

So people camp behind their safe little islands and sling shells while anyone in the middle open ocean gets wrecked... its basically gone to the toxic WoT meta which is why I dropped that game years ago.

Beta Tester
358 posts
7,415 battles

1. 2x HP for all ship, make the YOLO noob harder to be insta deleted 

2. increase 50% torpedo damage (its damage actually decrease lol), +25% reload time

​How's that a solution to camping? If they weren't getting in to the action before what makes you think this will change a camper's mind. For all you know they're thinking they are the boss by retaining all their HP, doubling their HP won't change that line of thought.

Increasing torpedo damage? If a camper is thinking they are doing well by retaining their HP then they are not going to be any more inclined to get closer to the fight by increasing the amount of damage they take by torpedoes.

to balance the CV when ship have 2x HP :

3. nerf all AA range (after upgrade and skill) by 30%, bonus 35% range when activating AADF

4. all plane receive 2x HP buff too, but fighter DPS increase by 2x too. so plane vs plane still the same, but plane stronger againts AA ship.

​I don't see this as anything more than buffing CV for the sake of doing more damage in game. You play CV a lot don't you?

This has been done and CV has been nerfed on multiple occasions to try to balance their damage, reversing the nerfs won't fix camping for the same reasons as stated before.

to balance the ingame DoT :

5. fire deal half of the damage to battleship and cruiser, so battleship will not afraid to tanking damage

​Indirect nerf to USN CV how do resolve this issue.

ramming mechanic :

7. the rammer took 25% HP from MAX HP, DEAL 90% Damage from Max HP

8. damage from ramming is 80% repairable :V

9. when there is only 1vs1 ship in match and both ship sunk, THE RAMMER WIN!

​I see no reason to change the ramming mechanic as it stands, you were suggesting a change to fix the camping meta. I'm yet to see one.

the timer :

Oh yeah I can see this working well:

Player1; "Ok guys here's my plan"

Player2; [][][][][][][][][][][][][][]

Player3: [Content Removed] you noobs

or make it dispersion 2x~3x ?

Oh so punish players that don't camp?

Profanity, Post Edited, User Warned
~Ephys

Edited by Ephys

295 posts
6,598 battles

or make historical mechanic like the best tactic is showing your broadside while bow on put you in disadvantage

1,105 posts

​How's that a solution to camping? If they weren't getting in to the action before what makes you think this will change a camper's mind. For all you know they're thinking they are the boss by retaining all their HP, doubling their HP won't change that line of thought.

the camper team will be punished if nobody doing cap, they will lose by point score. since sunking ship are harder especially the BB. if there is a lot of ship survive till the end. the team that cap will win.

with the HP doubled, the YOLO-ers become more viable. the camping meta exis because vulnerability of a ship.

Increasing torpedo damage? If a camper is thinking they are doing well by retaining their HP then they are not going to be any more inclined to get closer to the fight by increasing the amount of damage they take by torpedoes.

the damage is actually decrease by 25%, if your HP doubled and the torpedo with 50% increase is hitting you...... it mean its only deal 75% of damage compared to before the revamp.

​I don't see this as anything more than buffing CV for the sake of doing more damage in game. You play CV a lot don't you?

This has been done and CV has been nerfed on multiple occasions to try to balance their damage, reversing the nerfs won't fix camping for the same reasons as stated before.

Ship have double HP, if plane deleted easily CV will run out of ammo/plane before sinking 1 battleship. its making the CV still remain

​Indirect nerf to USN CV how do resolve this issue.

fix their bomber accuracy instead, and give AS 1 TB by removing 2 DB, add 1 fighter to strike loadout by removing 1 DB. also give midway 2xTB like before the nerf..... is that fair?

​I see no reason to change the ramming mechanic as it stands, you were suggesting a change to fix the camping meta. I'm yet to see one.

ramming will become more awesome.... just saying.....

Oh yeah I can see this working well:

Player1; "Ok guys here's my plan"

Player2; [][][][][][][][][][][][][][]

Player3: [Content Removed] you noobs

if half of the team can speak english..... that is fine, half team doing team work ARE BETTER rather than nothing!

Oh so punish players that don't camp?

dispersion will increase based on the range. the farther, the bigger dispersion. the closer, the better the dispersion

Quote Updated

~Ephys

Edited by Ephys

2,221 posts
13,698 battles

At the end of the day many campers do have double the HP of their opponents after a couple of successful salvos. You don't see them suddenly rush forward at this point do you?

Edited by keskparane

1,386 posts
8,224 battles

The camping meta is much hard to change IMO.

One major part unicum can out do a potato is gunnery skills. By keeping range a unicum can maximize this advantage, dealing much damage while minimizing damage received.

While for a potato, if he push, he may not be well supported, making him a distinguished target and be deleted soon.

This, IMO, is why excessive camping is happening at high tiers. Not something like "hey the buttersheeps are noon campers" or "the cruisers are all cowards" or "destroyers never know how to go up"

1,340 posts
8,832 battles

Best solution is just reduce their gun range to force them to get closer to shoot.

I always thought that the ranges on the high tier ships are too excessive. And coupled with below:

The camping meta is much hard to change IMO.

One major part unicum can out do a potato is gunnery skills. By keeping range a unicum can maximize this advantage, dealing much damage while minimizing damage received.

While for a potato, if he push, he may not be well supported, making him a distinguished target and be deleted soon.

This, IMO, is why excessive camping is happening at high tiers. Not something like "hey the buttersheeps are noon campers" or "the cruisers are all cowards" or "destroyers never know how to go up"

Is part of the reason why camping is so prevalent, especially on the higher tiers.

But I don't think anything can be done to remove camping without a complete overhaul of the game.