You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
hughfj08

Removing 0dmg pen hits

6 comments in this topic

83 posts
3,463 battles

As the title say really.

I find it rather silly that I can hit a ship, with a penetrating shell (not an overpen, a no pen or a ricochet, I mean a penetration hit) can cause 0 damage.
​I first thought that perhaps it was due to a split health pool among ship parts, so a part can only cause a certain amount of health loss.
​But that kind of loses water when its the first shells fired of the game. I can be a damn BB and land pen shells on another BB or a DD (both have happened in the last week) get a pen ribbon and do 0 damage to a full health ship.

If I pen a ship, I expect damage

​Might just be me, but that's just stupid

[KOREA]
In-Training Moderator
193 posts
4,675 battles

0 damage When you get normal penetration is just you penetrate module that has already 0 HP left.

This is little bit salty thing and I got same situation. This caused by just game mechanical thing

83 posts
3,463 battles

but it isn't though, because unless a module starts with 0hp that cant be the case

As I mentioned before, I've had it happen in the first salvo's of the game before ships have been damaged yet

1,859 posts
5,797 battles

Module HP is not in the ship's HP, if you get enough of those 0 damage pens you'll eventually destroy their main gun or something. A shell hit is a shell hit, either git gudder aiming or realise that as long as it didn't bounce or shatter it is helpful

15 posts

I can understand the frustration I put three full broadsides center mass at point blank (less than 2k) range into another BB (Konig on October) first 10k second 3k and third 2k with 5+ hits each salvo its a little frustrating to say the least trying to find the undamaged modules on another ship as he tears you down from 3/4 health when he was already 1/4 (yeah i was trying for a cit on him since we were that close and was aiming for hull).  There should be a bit more flex in the whole oh this module is out of HP thing.  Especially when you gotta take repair party into mind. 

And before anyone goes into the whole this module is darkened that works great on ships that have repeatedly been on fire and are now dark stem to stern.

Edited by Sprucanman

Video Contributor
2,266 posts
10,789 battles

Remove richoiet and get damage too? Dont they?

it’s space armor and HP pool sometime it penetrated and no damage because hit space armor and no HP pool 

watch ICG channel he explained all about HP pool, space armor