You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Bob778_

Typical weekend rant for weekenders

54 comments in this topic

[AUSNZ]
420 posts
16,015 battles

Well here is this weekend's standard rant spot for truly utterly terribly appallingly pathetic teams who do everything in their power to lose games within 5min while you struggle along despairingly trying to even out the kill count as the Potato's fall around you.

11 games so far today with only 3 wins and I have been in the top 3 on the losing side nearly every game not to mention by the times the 4min mark has rolled around all of my DD teammates have Yolo'd in and died, my good friend's in CA's have yet to learn that sailing broadside is bad for their health, the chumps in BB's have realised if they stay in their spawn position they can snipe the entire map although ironically enough CV's have been pretty decent for both green/red teams so far.

The SALT is real and i have JT on in the background singing "cry me a river" :angry::angry::angry:

Beta Tester
1,167 posts
7,460 battles

A graphical representation of weekend gameplay:

[Content Removed]

Linking/Discussion of Illegal/Inapproriate, Post Edited , User Warned
~Ephys

Edited by Ephys

Beta Tester
823 posts
4,967 battles

The only games I won yesterday I either died first doing 0 dmg or got detonated after doing very little damage. These resulted in first wins of the day.

Everything else was defeat.

Doesn't help when you see two 3 man unicums division syncing to try and exploit an advantage.

753 posts
8,965 battles

I'd much rather play with the so called weekend players than those that regularly play tier 9 and 10.

At least they have a crack and make the game exciting and fun rather than the coward/hide behind the island/sniping/don't move for 5 minutes/boring etc players in high tiers.

I am seriously bemused how people can play this way and get enjoyment.

Then again I suppose not many do which is why tier 8 is always bumped into their games to make up the numbers.

[MEGA]
4,564 posts
17,557 battles

I'd much rather play with the so called weekend players than those that regularly play tier 9 and 10.

At least they have a crack and make the game exciting and fun rather than the coward/hide behind the island/sniping/don't move for 5 minutes/boring etc players in high tiers.

Then again I suppose not many do which is why tier 8 is always bumped into their games to make up the numbers.

humm, sounds like someone is salty about not being able fit into high tier lel
Edited by drakon233

753 posts
8,965 battles

humm, sounds like someone is salty about not being able fit into high tier lel

I could if I wanted to drag myself down to that mundane level, I play for fun and not to become a virtual Admiral that is too worried about getting their ship scratched instead of the match objectives.

[MEGA]
4,564 posts
17,557 battles

well, since you spend so much time clubbing at low tiers i can see why one might get a impression of "high tier captains who are afraid to scratch their ships" since you dont meet people who knows how to use tactics properly

Video Contributor
860 posts
10,965 battles

All this weekend rants about teammates and yet not a single mention for those who suffers the same fate on the opposite team.

Weekends are fun if you managed to potate the enemy team harder lul.

Beta Tester
1,167 posts
7,460 battles

All this weekend rants about teammates and yet not a single mention for those who suffers the same fate on the opposite team.

Weekends are fun if you managed to potate the enemy team harder lul.

Youre right.  50% of people lose.

It can be very trying as a modestly-skilled solo player. Statistically, you're more likely to be opposing unicum divisions than to be teamed alongside them: there's only 9 (or 6 if the matchmaker really hates you) free slots for randoms on the unicum div(s) team, while there's 12 on the other side. The odds are against you. Sure, sometimes both teams have them and sometimes it's all randoms on both sides and that's fine. But as any high-tier solo player knows, that sort of balance is very often not the case.

The problem isn't that the weekend potatoes are hard to carry - having them infest both teams actually makes it easier to carry, not harder - it's that they make it much harder to oppose the truly skilled players on the enemy team.

1,340 posts
8,832 battles

The only games I won yesterday I either died first doing 0 dmg or got detonated after doing very little damage. These resulted in first wins of the day.

Doesn't help when you see two 3 man unicums division syncing to try and exploit an advantage.

This has been my experience as well. I have good games but the team ends up losing somehow. But when I have a bad or average game my team ends up winning. All that first win bonus wasted!

39 posts
1,652 battles

Are you a fellow at Tier 8 who also gets placed into Tears of The Desert? Because let me clarify, no one has fun on Tears of The Desert. 

Just hope that when you start shooting, someone larger and more appealing than you is also shooting.

39 posts
1,652 battles

Ooof, that sucks. It's awful seeing that XP multiplier go to waste because you got focus-fired. 

[AUSNZ]
420 posts
16,015 battles

Well yesterday finished well for me 21 games with a 38% WR and a pretty punchy WTR of 1322 and then to top it all off I just got the T9 St Louis and got detonated first game...Thanks for the "Fun and Engaging" gameplay WG :red_button:

Super Tester
562 posts
4,462 battles

Well yesterday finished well for me 21 games with a 38% WR and a pretty punchy WTR of 1322 and then to top it all off I just got the T9 St Louis and got detonated first game...Thanks for the "Fun and Engaging" gameplay WG :red_button:

I got detonated in my Moskva on friday.. lol....

Loved it. I was on 2k health, within 6ks of 4 opfor ships and got detonated by a torp ... lol... thanks for the 10 flags....

I had another game and an Iowa got 2 detonations on the opfor within minutes of the combat starting and even more amazingly they were from a 2 man (Izumo Neptune) division ... First time I've ever seen both division mates going out that way. ( I'd have felt bad for them but they were both unicums.... and kudos to both of them as they both congratulated the Iowa for it)   

Edited by Ensign_Brendoonigan