Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Trojan63

Missouri, is she worth it?

13 comments in this topic

753 posts
8,965 battles

So I am about 2k away from having enough free xp for the Missouri and have some questions before getting her.

1. As the title says, is she worth it and how does she shape against other BB's that she'll encounter?

2. Does Steven Seagal as commander have any perks if in command? I vaguely remember seeing something about an AA advantage but I'm not sure.

3. Are any other ships planned to be introduced for free xp? I really don't like the boring high tier play style, but that's just me, so if other ships are forthcoming I might wait.

PS. Did WG drag Steven Seagal out of bed for his in game voice recording as he sounds half asleep? :)

1,386 posts
8,249 battles

So I am about 2k away from having enough free xp for the Missouri and have some questions before getting her.

1. As the title says, is she worth it and how does she shape against other BB's that she'll encounter?

2. Does Steven Seagal as commander have any perks if in command? I vaguely remember seeing something about an AA advantage but I'm not sure.

3. Are any other ships planned to be introduced for free xp? I really don't like the boring high tier play style, but that's just me, so if other ships are forthcoming I might wait.

PS. Did WG drag Steven Seagal out of bed for his in game voice recording as he sounds half asleep? :)

Missouri is basically an Iowa-C with radar instead of catapult planes, slightly different AA and non-vital armor buff.

Radar is the same as Baltimore's, 9.45km 35sec.

Better AA mid range and worse close range, overall better but not dissimilar.

TDS thickness got a buff to 38mm instead of 25mm on Iowa, but there isn't a hit model between the TDS bulge and the main belt, meaning if a shell explodes in between, no damage. So this thickness buff is useless. The front and back citadel bulkhead also has a buff, but a shell need to penetrate the 32mm bow/stern before hitting there, only 460mm can do this.

I don't have Missouri so take this as salt if you want. Anyway her economical value seem much attractive.

1,354 posts
8,888 battles

The Steven Seagall captain has a boost to his Expert Loader and Expert Marksman skills. Applies to any ship he captains, not just the Missouri.

As for free XP ships, nothing concrete yet but I wouldn't mind seeing more of them.

I don't have the Missouri but I heard she is a real credit printer. She can turn a profit even if you had a crappy match. That alone is quite a perk.

[LNA]
1,667 posts
10,494 battles

Totally worth it. Arguably the most versatile and borderline OP tier 9 BB you can get your hands on. It is also a credit printing machine and one match can worth two tier 8 premium matches in credits, getting 500k regularly is ez if you are not a sniping retard.

It can be customized into most role except secondary focus and its radar set it world' apart from other bb in supporting agressive push and defending against dd

Alpha Tester
392 posts

I really don't like the boring high tier play style, but that's just me, so if other ships are forthcoming I might wait.

In this case I'd strongly advise you to wait just a little while longer. Don't be so quick to buy Missouri and then the next thing you know Hood or Enterprise also become available for free XP.

381 posts
9,957 battles

Don't have Missouri myself but I'm at Iowa and feel very satisfied with it except the citadel placement which makes it very vulnerable to BB shells once you have to reposition or brawl. WG have confirmed that the citadel of Iowa + Monty + Missouri will be lowered in 0.6.6 so I'd expect its performance to be raised dramatically and have way more freedom in movement. 

Seagull gives you 0,3 more degree/s of turret traverse and 75% reduction of swapping shells instead of the normal 25%. However I didn't see him to be as useful on a BB as USN CA, mainly because you don't really need to swap shells that often even against DD. I use Seagull on NO + Baltimore so Expert Loader won't be wasted. 

Video Contributor
2,267 posts
10,789 battles

She is the best credit earn

You don't care if you win or lose or do less damage or did not do anything in the battle she still get profit

353 posts
7,097 battles

WG have confirmed that the citadel of Iowa + Monty + Missouri will be lowered in 0.6.6 so I'd expect its performance to be raised dramatically and have way more freedom in movement. 

Is this actually true? Got a link?

[MEGA]
4,564 posts
17,570 battles

a better iowa with radar, which isnt saying a lot considering how bady the iowa shapes up against the other T9 BBs now, get her if you need to print credits, but then again if you need credits then i suggest useing that free XP to speed grind your way to a T10 and get prem camo, prints credits by the boat load too and more fun to play(looks at DM)

Beta Tester
823 posts
4,972 battles

WG have confirmed that the citadel of Iowa + Monty + Missouri will be lowered in 0.6.6 so I'd expect its performance to be raised dramatically and have way more freedom in movement. 

Is this actually true? Got a link?

I remember that was the promise made for 0.6.3.... then 0.6.4... then 0.6.4.4... then 0.6.5

So if they are now saying that'll happen in 0.6.6 then I guess the joke continues. See you all in 2020 for the 0.7.3 citadel buff.

[LNA]
1,667 posts
10,494 battles

I remember that was the promise made for 0.6.3.... then 0.6.4... then 0.6.4.4... then 0.6.5

So if they are now saying that'll happen in 0.6.6 then I guess the joke continues. See you all in 2020 for the 0.7.3 citadel buff.

WG is only considering the possibility and that needs intensive testing and feedback b4 it got through.

In my opinion though , on Asia sv not being able to show broadside is not a large detriment as we DO NOT have a broadside meta and ppl show bow on or angled and sit most of the time.

In NA the want the citadel lowered as their meta is a lot more agressive and ppl swing broadside very willingly in which case the US lose out

83 posts
3,463 battles

as mentioned above, I'd wait until after the Hood release just incase.

​I was also saving for the Missouri, just because, at about 700k so far (because I refuse to pay for conversion, who knows how much I'd actually have) XD

​but I'm gonna hold out until after the upcoming ship releases just incase. I'd rather have the Hood for example than the Missouri...because British :P

Sign in to follow this