You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
ArtickWarspite

More sour gripes

9 comments in this topic

156 posts
3,374 battles

Apologies in advance, but I need a small rant.

If half your team spawn closest to A and the other half closest to C, most of the team would then head to the closest cap point correct?

This happens 90% of the time, but there are those (mostly cruisers) who spawn close to C then decide to sail all the way over to the other half of the team at A, ignoring the pleas of the sole DD trying to cap C who is begging for assistance. Problem is this takes time to do, so by the time they get to A the battle is already 10mins in and the outcome has mostly been decided and they haven't fired a shot. You might as well be AFK for all the good they do. Naturally the now weakened flank folded, the remainder of the team were pincered and that was that. 

This happened in all the games I played last night and is becoming more and more prevalent. I'm struggling to understand the logic..

Secondly, if you begin a game with 19mins of premium time remaining, you'd probably expect to have premium earnings at the end of the battle right? Well that doesn't happen. If it expires ingame, then you're back to standard. 

Coupled with the failure of the server last week when no one could play, I lost even more premium time through no fault of my own.

Premium is a very occasional treat, but probably not worth it now.

Thirdly, does anyone know the percentage of games where you are top, mid & bottom tier? Arguably it would be 33.33% each right? (It's not). 

520 posts
11,127 battles

Well... I feel you there, and we all have to go through this, where many games, players have a less then ideal approach to how to "WIN" the game.  We all have to deal with this the best we can.  Regarding the LOGIC in things.. well.... there is none.  But im sure you have encountered great games where teams coordinate and seem to be flawless in accomplishing the objectives.

If you want better MM... many will recommend playing tier 4 and 7 as this of all tiers have adequate, if not the best MM where you are either ON TOP and rarely low tier.  Stay away (If you can) from tier 5,  6 and 8... I noticed many times that I am usually the lowest tier.  Consider it "Training" if you wish. lol

1,859 posts
5,797 battles

bruh it's one battle of premium unless there is like a 3x XP event it doesn't really matter...

and regarding bad teammates

carry harder and git gudder  TM

1,174 posts
10,495 battles

well it is known playstyle called lemming/lemming trains.. most of the times they don't actually work but if team has 2-4 good players then the lemming team can win... 

When you see team is lemming to A from C then you go B then automatically they have to support you.. don't go C and be like no one supporting it looks and feels like you'd do what ever you want and team should support you no matter what...

When I play DD in maps like Estuary, Two Brothers most of the time I get in a situations where whole team goes lemming to other side.. what I do is try to defend rather than go straight in cap and try to cap... if you can stall enemy team even for 2-3 mins your team can push through from other side because enemies on the other flank would be left with no choice.. 

So don't get frustrated but think about how to defend/give enough time for team to push through... but if team starts lemming at T9 and T10 then you got a bad set of players and try to farm as much damage you can... you cant win in those tiers if team goes lemming...

Super Tester
2,725 posts

I understand that feeling.....

When some of your allies are from far side of the map & slowly goes down to A instead of heading for B and they are the last to be alive.

I mean..... why the hell would a slow battleship bothers to go down to A & nothing to shoot at when he can support at B? Why they failed to read their situation?

I hate to say the reason for this but..... just our Asia server thing *deep sigh* :facepalm:

Super Tester
813 posts
3,912 battles

I hate to say the reason for this but..... just our Asia server thing *deep sigh* :facepalm:

Potatoes exist on all servers. It happens when I play my alt NA account sometimes too.

1,347 posts
8,872 battles

Sometimes there are valid reasons why a ship may abandon the nearest cap and head for a further one. Like if you are in an Atlanta and the nearest cap has no islands nearby. But otherwise there is really no reason to abandon a cap completely at the start of the game.

39 posts
1,665 battles

As someone who is guilty of doing these kinds of things, I'd like to give my two cents:

Cruisers, especially if they are bottom tier, are not good fighters. If a DD wants protection or a distraction while they cap, it's best to; convince a BB or two to help, convince a group of CAs to help, or get a mixture of them both to help. CAs will generally help out if they feel that they won't be focused by the enemy team, and thus you'll have the distraction/protection you need. Another thing also that I've noticed is that most CAs either get too close and push with the DDs against enemy BBs and CAs, or they'll just hold the enemy at their farthest firing range, neither of which is very useful. Unless it's a RN Cruiser pushing, or a Russian Cruiser sitting back

Also, if the majority of the enemy fleet is at the objective you're going to, and you're a sole DD; Don't try and capture it, for the love of God please don't.