You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Nekrosmas

Extra Credits: Hunting the Bismarck (I)

9 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
2,718 posts
1,988 battles

This time it's WG sponsoring Extra Credits to do a promotional series on the death of Bismarck. Presuming hyping up Hood's release.

Either way, it is a good Introduction to what happened, and I highly recommend watching it if you are interested in the history of the Bismarck but don't want to bore yourself out.

(Unless you're history nerd like me, lol.)

2,222 posts
13,727 battles

does anyone know if having the Bismarck is a must to do the mission? If it is then I better get my stern moving and grind that line lol

Bismarck not required.

However you can win the Bismark and often the potential credit profit is greater if you already have ship in port. I haven't bothered trying to work it out in this instance as she is already sitting in my port. You only get a 1 point captain (well at least that was what it was on PTS) so the captain is a throwaway. 

Having the Hood is a bonus. There are missions that can only be completed with the Hood which can fast-track your progress.

Edited by keskparane

1,174 posts
10,495 battles

does anyone know if having the Bismarck is a must to do the mission? If it is then I better get my stern moving and grind that line lol

Buy hood and it's just easy to grind down the Bismarck, Bismarck's historical camo and Hood's camo because campaign is made in a way that people who buy hood will get bismarck easily... (WG being WG here no surprise)

1,859 posts
5,797 battles

Bismarck not required.

However you can win the Bismark and often the potential credit profit is greater if you already have ship in port. I haven't bothered trying to work it out in this instance as she is already sitting in my port. You only get a 1 point captain (well at least that was what it was on PTS) so the captain is a throwaway. 

Having the Hood is a bonus. There are missions that can only be completed with the Hood which can fast-track your progress.

Does that mean I don't have to grind through the ships before Bismarck then? hue I'd take that

2,222 posts
13,727 battles

Does that mean I don't have to grind through the ships before Bismarck then? hue I'd take that

I expect it does. Can't see how it isn't a leap frog.

83 posts
3,463 battles

I think this was chosen because of a stale upper tier growth or something.

​Bismarck is the easiest t8 BB imo and this'll bring a lot of new players into the upper tiers

​Current t8-t10 players will be pissed, I know I'm not going to be overly pleased, I was seeing a fairly large reduction in potato teams, but I guess WG has differing opinions. Who knew...

Super Tester
1,677 posts

If anyone's getting in the bit, here's part II: