You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Tex_Power

Carrion players - pointless rant.

16 comments in this topic

6 posts
60 battles

I think I first came across the term "Carrion player" when I was playing MWO.

I think in THAT game it can be a little unfair as there IS a role for light mechs to harass and torment the enemy without necessarily alphaing every enemy they come across.

But I think it's different in World of Warships - it seems that every ship (if used correctly) can kill any other type of ship.

Sure there's a bit of rock paper scissors built in, but it really seems that any ship can be effective if deployed correctly.

So my pointless rant is this:

/init_pointless_rant

I was on Big Race yesterday. It was a T4 mostly match and I was in a Phoenix. I was in the top right corner with an allied French cruiser right beside/behind me when a Kuma rounded an island and it was on.

The Kuma player was accurate but his navs not so much - he beached himself in front of me and my French ally and I started pumping shots into the Kuma.

Now it was early game and other enemy cruisers started to take shots at me as they saw me/came into range.

We needed to end the Kuma fast and get out of there.

The Kuma hurt me as much as I hurt him - a credit to a captain struggling to unbeach himself AND fight off two enemies at once...

...but wait... TWO enemies?

Where was my French ally's fire?

Nothing, nada, zip, nyet and of course NON.

Though right beside me, he wasn't firing.

I was getting hurt and we needed this Kuma dead and he wasn't shooting.

That is of course, until the Kuma had a smithereen of health left - THEN the French player launched his torps and opened fire, getting the kill.

I looked up his stats later and they read along the lines of "does very low damage" and "often finishes enemies".

I can't complain THAT much as ultimately I survived the battle and got top of my team on the damage that I did and he was way down the list but with 3 kills.

This annoys me. I know kills don't count as much as damage and objectives but goddammit! If I do the damage I want the kill credit!

/end_pointless_rant

1,859 posts
5,797 battles

ah I see you don't know how this works and is talking like a :child:

You get rewarded for the amount of damage you deal to the enemy not the actual kill. Of course you get some for killing them but not as much as the actual damage itself. I know it sucks to have your kills taken but in the end he is the one that will lose income and have bad stats. 

Git gudder and learn to kill the enemies before your allies even react to kill steal hue, or play a BB and just one shot people :trollface:

There is another option tho...

520 posts
11,127 battles

IMHO.... This game is a team effort (everyone knows that)... 

Because of the intense battles that May often not turn against your team even if you are winning... an effort must be made to DESTROY ALL or GAIN enough points asap.  Kills are kills, some accidentally or intentionally Destroy the ships that they did not initially damage.  but as long as the TEAM wins,  for me, this "Kill Stealing" Should not matter in the first place given the nature of the battle.

Personally, there are  times when I am not able to sink ships i have already damaged up to 98% .  But there are also times when My single "Snap Shot" would sink a very low HP ship that drifts in front of me.  I dont mind as long as the team benefits... all TEAM actions are fair game

[AUSNZ]
[AUSNZ]
Super Tester
1,039 posts
7,704 battles

To the OP, yes it does happen in any online game like this, but stat padding becomes more rare as people realise that doing damage and helping your team win, counts for more.

All i can say is keep playing the way you are, as that will get you more wins and greater gameplay.

In any online game you will get poor players at times, there is nothing that can be done, its the luck of the draw so to speak.

[LNA]
1,666 posts
10,492 battles

Why mad about killsteal , more kills doesnt mean you get you more exp or credits. You have to be thankful for him so you dont have to waste shots to finish off near dead targets so you can shoot more healthy one. This is esp important for slow reloading ship. More kills only make your screenshot looks good and thats about it. There is nothing glorious about vulturing off kills and it nest you not much.

I often leave low health target to supporting allies if there is a more pressing threat or i know they can finish it off quickly

Beta Tester
733 posts
3,155 battles

Why mad about killsteal , more kills doesnt mean you get you more exp or credits. You have to be thankful for him so you dont have to waste shots to finish off near dead targets so you can shoot more healthy one. This is esp important for slow reloading ship. More kills only make your screenshot looks good and thats about it. There is nothing glorious about vulturing off kills and it nest you not much.

I often leave low health target to supporting allies if there is a more pressing threat or i know they can finish it off quickly

Not when you're aiming to get Kraken so you can get 10 Equal Speed Charlie flags.

As for me, i'll just shoot whatever targets and i'll get Kraken eventually.

[LLBC]
747 posts
6,868 battles

ah I see you don't know how this works and is talking like a :child:

You get rewarded for the amount of damage you deal to the enemy not the actual kill. Of course you get some for killing them but not as much as the actual damage itself. I know it sucks to have your kills taken but in the end he is the one that will lose income and have bad stats. 

Git gudder and learn to kill the enemies before your allies even react to kill steal hue, or play a BB and just one shot people :trollface:

There is another option tho...

But mah krakennnn people keep stealing my 5th kill. :nerv_fish:

[MEGA]
4,564 posts
17,569 battles

if i am in a high BB i will try to deal damage to every ship that is in a bad position on the other team and deal massive damage to them, however if i see a low HP ship i will probably snap a salvo off at him to ensure he dosnt heal back and bite us on the ass again

39 posts
1,665 battles

I know it sucks man, but as someone who's been on both sides of this, just try and do damage. Frankly, as long as the enemy dies, and you did a good chunk of damage, you'll be rewarded.

Though, who am I to speak. You could just as well, say, fire indiscriminately? 

Super Tester
562 posts
4,462 battles

No such thing as a kill steal. If a ship is on low health kill it. I see it time and time again a ship running around on less than 1k health collecting damage to your team.

It's all swings and roundabouts so you'll get kills that way as well.

Ensign 

1,859 posts
5,797 battles

or play a fast reloading ship so no one can kill steal and you become the kill steal master. Example: Des Moines. NO ONE has the ROF to KS from you (except Minotaur but if the enemy is angled you can HE and he cannot hue)