You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Strik3agle98

How do I become better CV player?

4 comments in this topic

84 posts
4,438 battles

I'm currently at hiryu and I find myself struggle contesting air space.

I maintain my stats mainly by connecting a good strike but whenever I try to connect a straft, the enemy plane kinda dodge it and my plane ended up locked in a straft while he connect his strike. 

What are the thing I should do to improve myself??

Super Tester
813 posts
3,912 battles

I'm currently at hiryu and I find myself struggle contesting air space.

I maintain my stats mainly by connecting a good strike but whenever I try to connect a straft, the enemy plane kinda dodge it and my plane ended up locked in a straft while he connect his strike. 

Simultaneously use both your fighter squads(without strafing your own planes) and strafe the enemy strike. Force the enemy fighters to come near your ally that he is trying to strike. Before strafing, think about what you would do to dodge the strafe and compensate that. Finally, keep practicing. Go play a lot of battles in Co-op to practise strafes.

What are the thing I should do to improve myself??

What I do is engage the enemy fighter squadrons in a dogfight and then use my other fighter to strafe them while the dogfighting fighter squadron strafes out of the lock. It is used very commonly with saipans. Also, it is nearly impossible to gain air superiority in a hiryu if you are fighting a saipan.

PS: wait for strat to come here and teach you more.

Edited by karrablaster123

[LNA]
1,666 posts
10,470 battles

You are using IJN in the wrong way , dont use her FTs to actively contest any airspace if you face Saipan / 202 Ranger unless you want to use 312 Hiryu which i dont recommend.

Use your FT to bait the enemy FT away from your strikes and try to go near his strikes so that he focus his FTs on CHASING yours.. If he take the bait your FT accomplished its duty and your strikes will connect

A neat trick is to sneak 1 of your dive bomber squad behind enemy line and permaspot the enemy cv. This will annoy him to no end and force him to use his FT to chase you in a wild goose chase.

Remember to dumb the DB payload into something for the faster return speed and his FT will likely to chase the poor sod for a considerable time leaving other squads free to do their job.

Campers BB on your team will also shoot the spotted cv if they have a half brains thus distracting him away from the real fight with you.

Prepare to sacrifiece FT to block enemy FTs , Hiryu strikes are squishy and you want them alive as long as possible.

Dont try to manfight anyway , try to wave him through different place. Also test his aptitude in using strafe , if he is gun ho about using it try to make DB lure him into using it so he has to go back and rearm , this does not work against another Hiryu as they have much shorter rearm time.

Dont try to detach your 2 FT squad , because they will loose any possible fight if they are along , you can either use 1 to scout and bait and 1 behind it to jump on any fools chasing the scout FT or you can spread 2 15 - 10km to support each other.

Saipan is a pain in the ***, use your FT to chase his strikes not his FT. His FT are much faster than yours so dont bother , use your FT to deny him good angle attack or if he is using 301 reserve your FT to shoot down that single DB squad of his

1,105 posts

Saipan are ridiculuosly OP and NOTHING YOU CAN DO!

well, the BEST advice is rush to  Shokaku or go back to Ryujo.

this is what i suggest againts saipan :

defending :

1. just park fighter near the ally ship you want to protect

2. DONT TRY TO STRAFE Saipan TB plane, its too fast and riskier. just right click it until it got panicked shot. you can strafe after its TB finish their bombing

3. if the saipan fighter cover the strike, USE NEW mechanic Alt+click escape to strafe the TB when you are locked down with its fighter

attacking :

1. attacking enemy ship when saipan is busy attacking too, now it depend on how good you can outplay the enemy

2. constantly use "CHEAT" by sending 1 DB outside the map and then bomb Saipan from unpredicted place.... well, this is legal and people use it for sneak their TB instead. this will make 2F hiryu vs 1F saipan.

3. Hiryu strike are so weak againts AA ship. so attack the area with less AA... and prioritize to attack DD instead

4. carefull of belfast, the smaller smoke mean there can be belfast inside.