You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
PeterPanSan

Contradictory stats

7 comments in this topic

3 posts
1,090 battles

I'm kind of confused, I recently found out about Warships.Today and was having a look at my stats when I noticed some graphs that seemed off to me, there are two graphs that show Battles vs. WTR, and Battles vs. Winrate, and for both of these there is a steady decrease over time, so it seems I've been somehow getting worse and worse. But there are also 2 graphs that show Battles vs. Average EXP and Battles vs. Average Damage and both of these are steadily going up, so what does this mean? Am I getting worse, or better?

[LNA]
1,666 posts
10,492 battles

Font trust WTR.

Exp and dmg go up b/c ship has more hp and damage with every tier increase , and game start to last longer allowing you to nest more. W/r going down is nothing wrong as you face changing meta that needs to be adapted and you start to face veterans and sealclubbers that know what they are doing. For one , ships at higher tier will need to do a lot more damage to keep the WTR up, also you need to learn more about utilities and tricks that win game to improve your stats insteaf of just how to deal the most dmg

Super Tester
7,578 posts
8,005 battles

Generally yes, it means that you are performing poorly, but its not the end of the day. WTR is only based on damage, kills and wins. As long as you can do better than server and your average damage, get some kills and win the game, WTR will go up. Also, anything based on XP on stat sites arent accurate. Premium account inflates XP stats.

Forget the graph, look at individual ship WTR. if you are below 1200, that means you are performing below average, look at the parameters, and you know what you need to improve.

Super Tester
7,578 posts
8,005 battles

There is another site for stats. http://asia.wows-numbers.com/

They show everything warships.today shows, plus a lot more info. However, they calculate PR instead of WTR, which reflects your performance better in my opinion. Anyway, both PR and WTR are unofficial metrics and not flawless. You can take them as hints about your performance, but never as a metric to measure someone's performance. (Unless its really low).

1,859 posts
5,797 battles

git gud TM

just kidding

WTR doesn't really matter, it counts your damage and kills which can be boosted by kill stealing   just worry about your WR and average XP

Edited by FenrirApalis

3 posts
1,090 battles

Font trust WTR.

Exp and dmg go up b/c ship has more hp and damage with every tier increase , and game start to last longer allowing you to nest more. W/r going down is nothing wrong as you face changing meta that needs to be adapted and you start to face veterans and sealclubbers that know what they are doing. For one , ships at higher tier will need to do a lot more damage to keep the WTR up, also you need to learn more about utilities and tricks that win game to improve your stats insteaf of just how to deal the most dmg

Thanks for the help, that whole 'nesting' thing is probably where I'm going wrong, I tend to just head straight to a cap as soon as the game starts and, well, I barely ever survive any matches :/

3 posts
1,090 battles

Generally yes, it means that you are performing poorly, but its not the end of the day. WTR is only based on damage, kills and wins. As long as you can do better than server and your average damage, get some kills and win the game, WTR will go up. Also, anything based on XP on stat sites arent accurate. Premium account inflates XP stats.

Forget the graph, look at individual ship WTR. if you are below 1200, that means you are performing below average, look at the parameters, and you know what you need to improve.

Alright, I'll have a look and try to work on it. I do struggle to get kills though, even in matches where I score 100k+ damage I'll be lucky to have any kills by the end.