Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
_DuxNutz_

My Apology

8 comments in this topic

[HMAS]
78 posts
5,390 battles

Hi all,

Just here to apologise for my previous avatar that may have caused offence by depicting both the Imperial Japanese flag and the NSDAP flag.

This unbeknown to me was a breach of this forums rules to which I should have reviewed better. I have photo shopped the original period artwork 

the best I could to better comply with these "rules".

I trust the censored version (below) will  comply with this requirement. I am sure you will appreciate why I selected this as my avatar.

Lest we forget.

SamuraiFleetavatar-reduxed.jpg

Edited by _DuxNutz_

980 posts
12,617 battles

No offence was ever taken, this is a game about naval technologies and warfare. I think every reasonable person on the forum acknowledges that there were events in history, the good the bad and the atrocious. But we understand that the world has moved on since and we should not make a big issue out of a historically accurate flag that is highly unlikely to represent your personal political beliefs, nor for the purpose of promoting such political beliefs. 

[HMAS]
78 posts
5,390 battles

No offence was ever taken, this is a game about naval technologies and warfare. I think every reasonable person on the forum acknowledges that there were events in history, the good the bad and the atrocious. But we understand that the world has moved on since and we should not make a big issue out of a historically accurate flag that is highly unlikely to represent your personal political beliefs, nor for the purpose of promoting such political beliefs. 

Couldn't have said it any better Typhoon.

[LBAS]
4,460 posts
25,598 battles

But we understand that the world has moved on since and we should not make a big issue out of a historically accurate flag that is highly unlikely to represent your personal political beliefs, nor for the purpose of promoting such political beliefs. 

Historical :coin:

[151ST]
1,010 posts
4,494 battles

I used to have an Avatar which I designed myself, which had "Scelus Sceleris" on an Eagle. It was a common latin phrase in Roman Empire. (Eagle is Roman Empires symbol).

It means "crime, sin, evil deed, wickedness" and is the clan art for another game that allows pirates and the like.

It got removed, despite having nothing to do with WW2, so yeah it isn't just the flags - there are many things that can be offensive.

Edited by S4pp3R

Sign in to follow this