You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
ahwai82

T9 T10 not for solo players?

20 comments in this topic

[LYNMF]
990 posts
11,592 battles

a div of des moines, minotaur and a dd is enough to wreck many ships

lucky in same team with such div if not it's a losing match

t9 t10 not solo player friendly?

[AUSNZ]
[AUSNZ]
Super Tester
1,039 posts
7,702 battles

Those tiers can be, but you have to always be at your best in a sense. Dont yolo in expecting your team to then win minus a ship.

1,105 posts

i think its started from T8, because T8 is MM againts T9/T10 most of the time.

AND YEAAH! DIVISION ARE OP! 3 cordinated ship can TERNAK LELE a single ship with focused targeting. in CV, Division mean LESS enemy AA. its also make the Division member with AA build guarantee to be usefull, because CV will always present.

looking for high win rate? got division already!

looking for hard mode? Go SOLO YOLO!

[LNA]
1,660 posts
10,438 battles

You are right because unicum fishing division lurk those 2 tiers frequently and without division back up of your own it will be fool hardy to effective a win.

I dare say that at the last two tier you will unlikely to pass 53% wr if you solo and it will be a nightmare when an event or weekend is happening

[MEGA]
4,564 posts
17,558 battles

for some ships it is, like  shimakaze kahb,zao, hindenburg, DM, moskov, montana and GK, these ships can operate very well even when they are sailing alone due to various quirks that makes them solo friendly, other ships like minotaur, yamato, gearing, Z52 and the CVs do much better when there are ships in support, i dont like divving with people at high tiers because if i div with a unicum they take my damage and if i div with a skrub i feel bad for the rest of the team\

high tiers can be friendly if you play to the meta, but how to play to the meta is something you will have to figure out yourself

[LYNMF]
463 posts
10,384 battles

I solo most of the time in t9 and t10, mainly because my usual divmates only has tier 8 ship at most.

haven't see you for quite some time now

I only play solo, no time to div

but I see more potato than unicum in higher tier battles

191 posts
10,626 battles

haven't see you for quite some time now

I only play solo, no time to div

but I see more potato than unicum in higher tier battles

I usually play after 10pm nowadays

455 posts
8,038 battles

It's not that much of a problem. Effective high tier divisions are pretty uncommon and your own skill can offset their advantage. Of course if you come against a super unicum fishing division or the dreaded synch drop you may as well type 'gg' at the start.

84 posts
4,438 battles

a div of des moines, minotaur and a dd is enough to wreck many ships

lucky in same team with such div if not it's a losing match

t9 t10 not solo player friendly?

While division have huge influence to battle. playing solo doesn't mean that you can't do anything. 

I've seen many guy achieve a unicum stats playing solo. they do have higher win rate playing division tho.

Super Tester
7,539 posts
7,978 battles

Like drakon said, as long as you play the meta and go with the flow, solo should be fine as well. But high tiers will be infested with super unicorn divs on both sides. So it come so the point that who can fish whom harder. If you perform average or mediocre, that literally has no effect on game outcome, and probably your team will be at a disadvantage. 

Eurobeat mostly plays T9-T10 and he mostly plays solo. Needless to say, he is a very good player. I also know Suzy, most of her high tier games are solo as well and almost all the high tier ships are over 2k WTR. So it is possible. But it also depends on the time you play.

[LYNMF]
990 posts
11,592 battles

trying to git gud with donskoi, go with bb try to support dd capping but always there are div of minotaur, des moines, dd and get wrecked hard or have to chicken run

play the long range and it's not fun, shooting from 17KM is kinda boring even with guns like that on donskoi hitting anything is not easy but get close these div just smoke up and i get wrecked

even i try follow minotaur but i get detected first and have to do something

it's just hard to find the balance and quite frustrating sometimes not being able to contribute much

[MEGA]
4,564 posts
17,558 battles

Like drakon said, as long as you play the meta and go with the flow, solo should be fine as well. But high tiers will be infested with super unicorn divs on both sides. So it come so the point that who can fish whom harder. If you perform average or mediocre, that literally has no effect on game outcome, and probably your team will be at a disadvantage. 

Eurobeat mostly plays T9-T10 and he mostly plays solo. Needless to say, he is a very good player. I also know Suzy, most of her high tier games are solo as well and almost all the high tier ships are over 2k WTR. So it is possible. But it also depends on the time you play.

late night T10 fishing can lead to a big boost in stats, becasue the players playing then are either noobs, sleep deprived, or afk and sleeping after eatering battle, but there are a few fishermen who plays exclusively at that time so they are some of the ppl you have to really worry about

Video Contributor
2,264 posts
10,789 battles

when you play CV you should division more than need luck for MM

if MM bring 2Desmeme or 2memetaur? yup GG

division will helpful tactical team

127 posts
6,502 battles

If you plan on Solo play stay in T7.

Anything above t8 and you will get destroyed by WG's zero balance policy in their videogames. You'll get 3 man full try hard divs non stop. Either with or against but their presence simply games the game unfun for both sides.

The current state of t8+ MM is what will kill this game and I can't wait when that happens.

783 posts
4,819 battles

Soloing at high tiers can feel a bit demanding due to how popular divs are at those tiers.

As for 'not being for solo players', I can only say that argument if you're soloing in a CV, because of how the enemy CV may (usually) be div'd with AA counters. Playing other ships however, as mentioned before, just do your job for the match and things will usually be good for you individually, regardless of the enemy divisions. (E.g. A Des Moines will be a threat to you as a DD regardless if it's div'd or not, so what you have to do doesn't change, despite some intricacies involved) and as long as you do your best then the match outcome should not be much of a concern.

1,107 posts
7,844 battles

when you got used to high tier, you can play solo with any ships.

Playing in division will multiply your effectiveness.

normaly you will be faced against another division in return. and hi tier division usualy more "tryhards" than grinding type division formed in lower tier (which the member ussualy just play whatever ships they currently grinding)

Edited by humusz

[LYNMF]
990 posts
11,592 battles

come on guys, another git gud advice

div of such ships zero balance it become a one sided match, no matter how hard we try the combination of different abilities on these ships will win

39 posts
1,652 battles

They're not very friendly to solo T8 Cruisers, I can say that much atleast. 

Though the BBs and DDs can get along just fine at those tiers, from what I've seen. 

cough Russian Destroyers cough

Super Tester
562 posts
4,462 battles

They're not very friendly to solo T8 Cruisers, I can say that much atleast. 

Though the BBs and DDs can get along just fine at those tiers, from what I've seen. 

cough Russian Destroyers cough

I love playing tier 8 cruisers against tiers 9 and 10 solo and divisioning. Its tough if you're solo playing stock though.... You can't stop for anything though and you have to twist and turn all game to dodge the vast majority of the opfor team firing at you so sensible play is a must.

If you can div though do it. 2 tier 8's against a tier X ship will take the X down when played sensibly.

Also at tier 8 you're not supposed to lead the charge so never be spotted first and never over extend.

Probably the biggest frustration for me in a tier 8 cruiser though is when the higher tiers just sit back feeding of the opfor who are busy concentrating on the lower tiered friendlys.

As an fyi. A 3 man tier 8 div almost always plays tier X so the grass isn't necessarily greener when divisioning either.

Good luck.  

Edited by Ensign_Brendoonigan