You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Cyclone_O1

VE Day Flag

VE Flag  

32 members have voted

1. 1. Do we want servers to be equal in prizes and operunity;

11 comments in this topic

2 posts
260 battles

We may be part of the Asian server an many case we are told to use it. However also fought in Europe, Australia New Zealand and several other countries fought against the Axis Group. So why dont we get the VE day flag as well. Are we not worthy, are you confusing Asian server with only Japanese during WW2. well truly rethink and dont insult us.Make the servers equal. In prizes and opportunity.     there are 3 VE VJ and VP and frankly if anyone takes offence let it be that way after all we were not the original aggressors. However the victors wont want wars to recommence  on such a death scale again. For any side 

Edited by Cyclone_O1

423 posts

Would like to remind WG that Indians fought in Africa against Italy and Germany before Japan invaded SEA as well as Australia and New Zealand.  Don't forget that most of Asian countries were colonies of European powers, and that war being declared on Germany or losing to Germany caused major changes to the colonies here in Asia.  Japan invaded SEA (French Indochina) in Sept. 1940, and were able to do this because France lost to Germany that summer.  

VE day is a big deal to Asia as well.  

Please include us in all the fronts and theaters.  VE day allowed the Soviets to move from Europe to fighting in Asia later that year.  Again, kinda of a big deal to VJ day in August. 

[MEGA]
4,564 posts
17,558 battles

meh, i say that we get our own perks, if anything we should get a VJ flag since the main opponent here in the Asia region was JP

423 posts

meh, i say that we get our own perks, if anything we should get a VJ flag since the main opponent here in the Asia region was JP

The thing is, NA and EU as well as RU are most likely to going to get that one as well.  

My beef is, Asia was involved in VE day and without Asia, Britain would not have been able to focus on Europe as they did, or had been able to hold on in Europe until the US and Canada could arrive to take over support that Asia was providing Britain.  

[HMAS]
78 posts
5,412 battles

Despite its small size, the Royal Australian Navy (RAN) was sent to Europe to participate in Allied activities in the Mediterranean against the Germans and Italians. 

The RAN played an active role in the Mediterranean. Before the Italians declared war, Australian ships were engaged in patrolling duties in the eastern Mediterranean.When the Italians entered the war, they began naval hostilities with a submarine campaign in the harbour of Alexandria in Egypt. The submarine campaign was aimed at confining the Allied fleet to Alexandria. After 19 days, the Italians lost 10 submarines to underwater minefields. 

While Australian troops engaged the Italians in North Africa, the RAN attacked the Italian navy in the Mediterranean Sea. On 9 July 1940, Australian ships took part in a large co-ordinated naval attack at the Battle of Calabria.
Was Australia involved in the European Campaign ?  RAN and RAAF played a important role !!
I would dare to say there will be no VJ flag for us either, just in case it may cause offence...
Why am I not surprised.

[HMAS]
78 posts
5,412 battles

I think this flag and others should be given not as victory prize but as mark of remembrance for the people who died during WW2 no matter what side they were on or who they were.

Well  Said, I concur.