You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Skarhabek

Question for Hakuryu Player.....

31 comments in this topic

1,105 posts

dat Missouri or Minotaur AA are MOAR insane than Des Moines or other CA with AA build. well, i manage to launch Torp to Neptune or Missouri, but Minotaur is really on different level..... i am use the "massive strike" (1F 2TB 2DB) againts single minotaur (no other ship) AND ALL PLANE GOT DESTROYED before launching the attack......howling sheet

currently in Shokaku.... LOL always bottom tiered, but i am getting used to it..... just curious if i have Hakuryu, can i revenge to the pesky minotaur.... or just simply leave it.....

and also what is the best strategy to bomb this minotaur?.....

this is just my current thinking if i have Haku :

1. bombing it when its busy firing or evading shell

- work for other CA with AADF, making it forget to activate AADF LOL

- but this wont work if the ship dont have AADF but have insane basic AA

- may be forget to manual click AA will make huge difference?

2. just tanking with "massive strike", use fighter and DB to tank AA ship

- wont work againts minotaur on Shokaku, work on missouri or neptune [loss a lot of plane in exchange]

- ship can still manual AA on TB, but if it did the DB will pass the fire bomb, at least some DoT....

- but RNCL have repair party, will fire DoT becom effective againts RNCL?

3. just leave it.......

- i want my revenge!!

4. use cheat.......

- i mean the division.... what is the best counter againts this smoked fish? ship with radar may be? it could be easier when you have division to kill this minotaur right?

other question :

1. how much servicing cost in Taiho? is that premium account enough? or i must buy the perma camo too ?

2. is that true Haku can get 200K++ damage easily? i can get easy 110K damage againts lower tier in Shokaku, and 60~80K againts higher tier without Mino and Miso or AS Lexi....

3. how strong Essex or Midway?

4. Taiho or Hakuryu for knife fighting with secondary, is that secondary good? i cannt do it in Shokaku and Hiryu, but did this in Zuiho or Ryujo LOL

[MEGA]
4,564 posts
17,558 battles

why in the name of god would you try to strike a minotaur in a SKK of all things

edit. HOLY SHIT I JUST NOTICED YOU USED A STOCK SKK AGAINST A MINOTAUR AND YOU HAVE THE NERVE TO COMPLAIN ON THE FORUMS ABOUT IT?

editedit .4. Taiho or Hakuryu for knife fighting with secondary, is that secondary good? i cannt do it in Shokaku and Hiryu, but did this in Zuiho or Ryujo LOL

Edited by drakon233

Video Contributor
2,264 posts
10,789 battles

1.up to you

2.for now I don't know why team too potato but Hakuryu can get 100k very ez (5min you can get 100k) low tier? if use repair party just DO IT!!!

3.I don't know Essex is very confuse 211 you can get clear sky but damage are from flooding and fire if use 113 hmm... I should you division, Midway 212 is the best choice and 113 should divison

4.just go training room

Note that not all damage can be 100% repaired. The Repair Party consumable restores:

The only way to earn the achievement Dreadnought is through the use of this consumable.

1,386 posts
8,224 battles

why in the name of god would you try to strike a minotaur in a SKK of all things

edit. HOLY SHIT I JUST NOTICED YOU USED A STOCK SKK AGAINST A MINOTAUR AND YOU HAVE THE NERVE TO COMPLAIN ON THE FORUMS ABOUT IT?

editedit .4. Taiho or Hakuryu for knife fighting with secondary, is that secondary good? i cannt do it in Shokaku and Hiryu, but did this in Zuiho or Ryujo LOL

He is going through his first line and need some time to understand high tier meta…

[LNA]
1,659 posts
10,430 battles

Bottom of the line is that if someone specced AA, you are powerless against him. Ship vs ship this problem is less, but ship vs plane is especially prominent.

The forum seems flooded with trolling now or rolling around on the floor

1,105 posts

its full upgrade just saying..... my real question is, "is that Hakuryu plane strong enough againts Minotaur with full AA build? and what is the best strategy againts this sip with HAKURYU?"

btw, i love Yolo so yeah..... also mission shooting with secondary....

MEME

no, i mean in Hakuryu with full upgrade...... that is why "Question for Hakuryu player"

i m just curious if Hakuryu can handle minotaur. if i know it can handle the mino AA, i am going to rush Hakuryu. but if not, i am going to farming the Minotaur or Henry4 instead :V

look mom, I've become a meme 

He is going through his first line and need some time to understand high tier meta…

The forum seems flooded with trolling now or rolling around on the floor

lol, other trolling other giving advice and other just eat popcorn :V

low tier meta DONT INCLUDE SECONDARY SPEC CVS EITHER

this is real.....

[MEGA]
4,564 posts
17,558 battles

yes, a stupid essex killed a few stupid fubukis that he was too stupid to spot and kill with plane with due do dumb luck and the sheer ammount of essex secondaries, that dosnt make any of them smart

edit: a 122 skk is STOCK, not "fully upgraded"

and why the hell would you want to strike at minotaurs anyways, do you want to lose your planes and the game that much?

Edited by drakon233

Video Contributor
860 posts
10,965 battles

and why the hell would you want to strike at minotaurs anyways, do you want to lose your planes and the game that much?

Maybe there's a hidden achievement for striking a top tier AA specialized ship using bottom tier stock CV.

181 posts
7,548 battles

View PostSkarhabek, on 09 May 2017 - 02:07 AM, said:

....againts single MINOTAUR (no other ship) AND ALL PLANE GOT DESTROYED before launching the attack......howling sheet

1,386 posts
8,224 battles

I tried Minotaur(8.6km AA range no efficiency upgrade) vs bot Hakuryu in training room. I emptied Hakuryu's TB and DB without losing a single 3" mount. But my AA suite was quickly melted while trying to clear Hakuryu's FT reserve, losing 6 of the 8 3" mounts, and all 20mm mounts. The 100mm secondaries were incredibly powerful, I almost got sunk while trying to shoot down the last FT.

Secondary build CV is best o7

Edited by _Halcyon

1,105 posts

edit: a 122 skk is STOCK, not "fully upgraded"

its 2/2/2, also have the AS loadout too but only use it once :V

btw, i am almost on Taiho.... just lacking the credit -_-

Maybe there's a hidden achievement for striking a top tier AA specialized ship using bottom tier stock CV.

i want to sunk mino in Hakuryu, not in Shokaku. just asking if Haku can delete Mino with full AA build. 

and yess, i did try to sink mino using Shokaku and ITS TOTAL FAIL -_-

btw, sinking AA ship will make you look awesome :yes_cap:

I tried Minotaur(8.6km AA range no efficiency upgrade) vs bot Hakuryu in training room. I emptied Hakuryu's TB and DB without losing a single 3" mount. But my AA suite was quickly melted while trying to clear Hakuryu's FT reserve, losing 6 of the 8 3" mounts, and all 20mm mounts. The 100mm secondaries were incredibly powerful, I almost got sunk while trying to shoot down the last FT.

Secondary build CV is best o7

hhhmmmm so if i send the Strike squadron+1fighter, Haku plan can destroy Mino?

and what do you mean  losing the AA suite? if DB manage to attack, Mino will have AA suite destroyed easily?

did you try to attack Haku in close range?

this is not troll post right?

1,386 posts
8,224 battles

its 2/2/2, also have the AS loadout too but only use it once :V

btw, i am almost on Taiho.... just lacking the credit -_-

i want to sunk mino in Hakuryu, not in Shokaku. just asking if Haku can delete Mino with full AA build. 

and yess, i did try to sink mino using Shokaku and ITS TOTAL FAIL -_-

btw, sinking AA ship will make you look awesome :yes_cap:

hhhmmmm so if i send the Strike squadron+1fighter, Haku plan can destroy Mino?

and what do you mean  losing the AA suite? if DB manage to attack, Mino will have AA suite destroyed easily?

did you try to attack Haku in close range?

this is not troll post right?

Did you ever try play against a training room bot as a surface ship? They keep their FT above the flat deck for some reason. So I had to get close to shoot them down.

346 posts

I think he's just annoyed at having his planes shot down by minotaur without being able to see the minotaur because of smoke, it happened to me once, I didn't suspect a thing, (mostly because I'm used to "where there is smoke there is fire DD" my squads which are still stock ( Just got a brand new Saratoga Lexington ) got annihilated before I even saw the minotaur (of course! it's in smoke!).

Still no CV even though WG is asked so often for it...

Oh well... at least I got 5,000,000 credit from container to pay for that horrible CV economy.

edit:

Why has there always got to be something horrible about CVs at every tier? Tier 4,5 get horrid match making (reminds me of my second last battle with ranger, my fellow CV was a Langley  It was Langley & Ranger(me) vs Saipain(220) & Langley , Dang that was brutal I still have photo to laugh at every time I play)

T-6 face horrid AA and MM

T-7 meet saipain

T-8 meet T10 AA

T-9 [to be found]

T-10 [to be found]

Edited by BravaZulu296

1,340 posts
8,848 battles

I think he's just annoyed at having his planes shot down by minotaur without being able to see the minotaur because of smoke, it happened to me once, I didn't suspect a thing, (mostly because I'm used to "where there is smoke there is fire DD" my squads which are still stock ( Just got a brand new Saratoga Lexington ) got annihilated before I even saw the minotaur (of course! it's in smoke!).

I feel Minotaurs don't even need smoke to shoot planes unseen. I think a Mino with AFT and the AA range upgrade module can shoot down planes from beyond its air detection range.

Had this happen a few days ago. It was the beginning of the match so I sent some bombers to go and scout. They started taking fire despite nothing appearing on the map. Half the squadron died before even spotting the darn thing.

Moral of the story: don't even think of trying to strike a Minotaur, especially when you are bottom tier.

Edited by Thyaliad

Beta Tester
1,167 posts
7,466 battles

Forget about those planes - they're tiny and weak. Your ship, on the other hand, is big and has lots of guns. You know what you must do.

346 posts

I feel Minotaurs don't even need smoke to shoot planes unseen. I think a Mino with AFT and the AA range upgrade module can shoot down planes from beyond its air detection range.

Had this happen a few days ago. It was the beginning of the match so I sent some bombers to go and scout. They started taking fire despite nothing appearing on the map. Half the squadron died before even spotting the darn thing.

Moral of the story: don't even thing of trying to strike a Minotaur, especially when you are bottom tier.

problem is, you can't avoid something you can't see. Minotaur probably isn't extremely OP in AA at T10 (to be avoided but not so OP that planes are all shot out of the air before you can react), but the fact remains, and this applies to all CVs, is that their planes are too weak to AA from ships 2 tiers up. It's acceptable when you strike an AA monster of your tier because it's not massively OP as to make it that you are unable to hit anything (unless your DB - WG says balanced but in reality it's horrible) but 2 tier up, the enemy doesn't even need to be AA monster of that tier.

1,386 posts
8,224 battles

Moral of the story: don't even think of trying to strike a Minotaur, especially when you are bottom tier.

Air detection gets a punishment when firing AA shots, so Minotaur can't invisi-AA without smoke.

A full concealment+AA range Minotaur can reach 8.6(152mm)/7.2km(76mm) AA aura and 7.2km air detection. Some sneaky Minotaur players will let their AA stand down until enemy planes run within 7.2km.

Edited by _Halcyon

[BRU]
309 posts
11,163 battles

Wow I never thought that someone attacked a Minotaur with CV planes even other CV players knew that you shouldn't get your planes too close to it. Tier 8-10 planes are easy targets for a regular to AA spec Minotaur. There's no strategy on how to attack Minotaur using its planes, I can't attack an enemy fleet with a Minotaur, Neptune, and a Des Moines with it, unless someone destroyed them then I can attack the enemy fleet.

1. Taiho repair cost: 120k, 108k with a 10% flag slapped on it, mostly needed a premium account to mitigate its pricey costs, you can also have a regular one but you'll     leave small profits from it. You can also buy its camo if you want to keep her on the fleet.

2. You can, I remembered that I earned approximately 250k damage with her with fires and flood included, can also reach 300k+ if you're lucky.

3. I have Midway and Hakuryu, I can say that US CV's are strong if you know how to use her into maximum effect. Her FT is strong even it has 1-1-3 in Essex strike         loadout, and 2-1-2 in Midway is good but I admit JP CV's are more superior than US.

4. OMG are you pulling a Kaga or Graf here?? Taiho and Hakuryu's secondaries are good but are never meant for CQC.

P.S. Don't ever attack a Minotaur on a CV please common sense. You can attack a Missouri, Moskva, G.K., Iowa, Zao, and other ships not Minotaur, Neptune, and Des Moines unless it's necessary. Leave these ships to your allies.

1,105 posts

P.S. Don't ever attack a Minotaur on a CV please common sense. You can attack a Missouri, Moskva, G.K., Iowa, Zao, and other ships not Minotaur, Neptune, and Des Moines unless it's necessary. Leave these ships to your allies.

this is the anwers i am looking for the WHOLE TIME! alright its look like even in Hakuryu Mino is still main threat. thanks bro :medal: