You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
ahwai82

atlanta feels like a complete waste of money

75 comments in this topic

[LYNMF]
990 posts
11,610 battles

since bought it not long ago i can't remember i have a fun match with it

now its all just hugging island to find nobody comes close because everyone is camping, no dd comes close because they have long range torps, no other cruiser comes close because they have the range..the camping meta kills all the fun

should have just keep the money and spend it elsewhere

[AUSNZ]
[AUSNZ]
Super Tester
1,039 posts
7,702 battles

The Atlanta is a great but hard ship as you have noted. If people dont close/spot for you then you cant do great damage from your island hiding and AFT builds.

Its still a great ship to take down enemy planes, though playing with a friendly USDD for smoke makes it very OP when pushing into contested caps mid game. Just be patient and dont yolo, get into position and rain down the fire.

[SIF]
Super Tester
3,834 posts
4,134 battles

I won an Atlanta in the Santa crates and I reckon it has to one of the most fun ships to play.  Islandhugging trollboat with a fire catapult.   What more do you want?

[LYNMF]
990 posts
11,610 battles

I won an Atlanta in the Santa crates and I reckon it has to one of the most fun ships to play.  Islandhugging trollboat with a fire catapult.   What more do you want?

did you read what i type?

[SIF]
Super Tester
3,834 posts
4,134 battles

Yes I did.    You bought a ship that does exactly that.  I reckon its fun.  Yes its situational and relies on you being in the right place, but when it all gels its great.

Super Tester
1,310 posts

no dd comes close because they have long range torps, no other cruiser comes close because they have the range..

well as i remember.. the only DD that lanta can meet to have torp longer than 10km are :

fletcher : 10.5

black : forgot how long was it

both USN DD.

other DD at tier 9 and lower has max 10km torp or less. which mean. if they want to torp u. they are entering ur firing zone.

Edited by ReNation

1,341 posts
8,858 battles

Sorry to hear that you didn't enjoy it OP. The Atlanta is highly situational after all, not everybody is going to have fun playing with it.

I guess this goes to show why it is important to do some research on whatever you are purchasing before shelling out money, especially if it is a big ticket item.

1,107 posts
7,844 battles

She was Tricky ships, but atlanta was fun on her own right

at T9 matches, playing her is frustating though

case on point : Tears of the desert, T9 matches, Epicenter

[LYNMF]
990 posts
11,610 battles

things just dont add up for me with atlanta or i'm just not good with playing hiding style

maybe i should be more even more aggressive and see where it would take me

the ship is not the issue, there are times when things are in line and whoa the fire damage just keep adding up but most of the match is really frustrating

84 posts
4,438 battles

case on point : Tears of the desert, T9 matches, Epicenter

I get how you feel.

People island hugging, camping and shoot each other beyond 15km. Very "fun and engaging" to me.

520 posts
11,127 battles

Atlanta is one of those ships BB Drivers HATE So BAD, because you can burn them to death, so you are usually FOCUSED on when detected.  DDs also HATE it so bad because you can remove them from existence in 1 - 2 Complete salvos... again... Prime Target of DDS.  CL and CA also hate you because like BB, you have the power of FIRE having so many 5" guns means you can tickle them to death.  Finally, CV hates you because you have UNLI Defensive Fire.

DDs Hate you

CL/CA Hate you

BB/CV hate you...

Whats not to like?:)

Lol.. but seriously.... its a situational ship that can turn the tide if mastered. 

[SIF]
Super Tester
3,834 posts
4,134 battles

Probably take you to "burnt to the waterline".   Nothing good ever comes of being aggressive in it unless you get in behind a distracted BB. 

Edited by RalphTheTheatreCat

346 posts

No it's a horrible ship, stop playing it :)

*hides CV*:hiding:

I have no reason to tell you not to play Atlanta absolutely none at all except for the fact it really is horrible

I thought Atlantas were OP 5" Gatling gun with torps

[LYNMF]
463 posts
10,399 battles

things just dont add up for me with atlanta or i'm just not good with playing hiding style

the ship is not the issue, there are times when things are in line and whoa the fire damage just keep adding up but most of the match is really frustrating

wow, wait a minute

I thought you're a island lover kinda of player, atlanta should be your kinda ship, what happened?

and don't dare to play aggresive unless you wanna what aerroon did which is steal enemy DD's smoke

Edited by blacknoheart

[LYNMF]
990 posts
11,610 battles

wow, wait a minute

I thought you're a island lover kinda of player, atlanta should be your kinda ship, what happened?

and don't dare to play aggresive unless you wanna what aerroon did which is steal enemy DD's smoke

my match is all boring camping match..i move near no support can't see enemy ship..far away not in range

watch all "how to" also useless when all match is different

[LYNMF]
463 posts
10,399 battles

my match is all boring camping match..i move near no support can't see enemy ship..far away not in range

watch all "how to" also useless when all match is different

all games camping only nowadays, the brave one is the one who get sunken early

[LBAS]
4,475 posts
25,652 battles

all games camping only nowadays, the brave one is the one who get sunken early

a lot of map U can camp, but few map U cant.

Atlanta must camp to survive:teethhappy:

[LYNMF]
463 posts
10,399 battles

a lot of map U can camp, but few map U cant.

Atlanta must camp to survive:teethhappy:

what he meant was all enemy camping out of his range

What do you do in that situation? Teammates not spotting, 

enemy out of range

hmm.. I f it were me, I'll probably risk to go search for them