You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Potatus_Maximus

Anybody else's WTR suddenly drop overnight?

13 comments in this topic

[SGC]
55 posts
8,027 battles

I've been using warships today for awhile to track my progress through the game, checked today and overall/cruiser/BB WTR suddenly plunged by 12-15 seemingly overnight. 

Even the WTR graph reflects the plunge after only 8 games even though for the past weeks, I've always been in the blue. 

Any reason for this sudden drop? Possible glitch? 

980 posts
12,617 battles

I've been using warships today for awhile to track my progress through the game, checked today and overall/cruiser/BB WTR suddenly plunged by 12-15 seemingly overnight. 

Even the WTR graph reflects the plunge after only 8 games even though for the past weeks, I've always been in the blue. 

Any reason for this sudden drop? Possible glitch? 

WOWS Today wants you to git gud

Edited by LordTyphoon

84 posts
4,438 battles

You shouldn't really use WTR to judge people's skill since they're mainly depend on damage dealt.

With the meta involving killing the DD asap you won't deal much damage from doing that but you significantly contribute to your team.

WR is a better way of determining the player's skill in doing objective while WTR mainly measure how good the player is at doing damage. 

Edited by Strik3agle98

1,126 posts

this is direct from my 1 year experience of game

'you can't enjoy the game if you keep those WRT in your head'

forget is existence, erase if from your head and play the game however you feel like.

that may not true for everyone, but

as long as you enjoy playing, you 'WIN' the game regardless win or lose the match.

Edited by PGM991

307 posts
6,412 battles

Yep i think its time i forget that site.... time to just enjoy the game.  I do not want to run around smoking ships and spotting in my DD....I want to sink things haha.   If that makes me a potato then so be it.

That said if you want that stats in your head then you must play teams all the time.... never play without teaming up.

Based on that site, i am a Super Unicorn when i team up with 3 players and a "bad" player when i don't however the damage is 3 times more when i play SOLO vs TEAMS ... and yet i play the same ships.

This means teaming up will get you better W/R (or maybe just me) but less damage as i spend more time protecting my fellow players that actually sinking anything.

So its up to you about what you want to do ..... if its fun playing teams, if you are only worried about w/r play teams/worried about Damage warships.today then go SOLO.... dont care and just want to sink things then go YOLO.

980 posts
12,617 battles

I disagree with all of the above, WTR is a good indication of player skill. Naturally, if you contribute to your team WELL (not just taking the occasionally shot at the DD and missing, or spotting because you are too chicken to fire up close) your team will tend to win, opening up the chance for you to do damage. Therefore, your WR and WTR will go up. Playing well, WR and WTR go hand in hand. 

But of course, who am I to say, since my stats are pathetic as somebody else will inevitably point out, which on this forum equates to credibility :D. Ironically, this goes against what is being discussed above... 

[LNA]
1,660 posts
10,438 battles

Don't really care about WTR as that can just indicate about how selfish you are in the game. What i care is how much you have done and tried doing in the match you are put in. You can not shoot once in the entire game and not doing anything but smoke hard and still win the game with that. W/r , apm,mini map loving ,positioning are what indicate a good player.

For me , screw it. I want to yolo and slap anyone who get in my way to the glorious brawl to have fun

460 posts
8,295 battles

I've seen spikes in the WTR graphs on a few profiles including my own, so I'd say that a sudden drop or spike is probably a glitch in how they calculate it. Wait a day or two and it will probably return to something more normal looking.

Don't place too much stock in stats, there are plenty of ways people out there pad their stats, and of course many who are genuinely very good. You should check out the ships played and stats on those, some players choose one ship (often a lower Tier one) to play like 90% of their games in, and do quite well in it but horribly in anything else. Some people play division almost exclusively and we all know that gives you a little boost, while others play solo mostly.

The best way to see how skilled a player is? Watch them play or play with them.

Not everyone can be a unicum, if you're not do the best you can, be happy with that and continue to have fun. It's a game there's no point if you're not enjoying yourself.

Edited by Sparcie

Super Tester
7,542 posts
7,978 battles

I disagree with all of the above, WTR is a good indication of player skill. Naturally, if you contribute to your team WELL (not just taking the occasionally shot at the DD and missing, or spotting because you are too chicken to fire up close) your team will tend to win, opening up the chance for you to do damage. Therefore, your WR and WTR will go up. Playing well, WR and WTR go hand in hand. 

But of course, who am I to say, since my stats are pathetic as somebody else will inevitably point out, which on this forum equates to credibility :D. Ironically, this goes against what is being discussed above... 

You are somewhat wrong. WTR means you do a lot of damage for most part, but that is not necessarily an indication of how good your skills are. For example, lets say you are playing US DD, you rekt faces of enemy DD, you plunder their caps, you win the game pretty fast, but you did only 20k damage. GG WP here, have 800 WTR. Take a Zao, spam HE on everything for the whole game which is basically repairable damage, you did 200k damage, team lost, wow you still get 2k WTR, even though what you did in that game meant nothing literally.

Here's another example from my experience, I lost the exact screenshots, so showing it from stat sites:

NyL3V5h.jpg

See that Tashkent spotting damage? I did only 24k damage myself. I killed their DDs, got caps, but I was left with < 1000 hp, only thing I could do is smoke teammates and spot for them. Yes that was a win, and yes, I got 750 WTR.

High WTR requires you to forget the objective, run after BBs to rack up damage scores, steal some kills here and there (because if you don't kill, you will have crap WTR. Basically typical selfish IJN play style. WTR does not consider whom you dealt the damage to. 60k damage to a BB or 6 DDs are same to the eyes of WTR.

Its a formula that only considers damage, winrate and kills, unless someone has really high WTR, they dont mean much. Of course good players have a high WTR, cause they do a lot of damage, they kill enemy, and they win games. But you cannot distinguish players within 100-200 wtr gap. I wish someone could come up with proper metrics for a rating system. What parameters work for BB does not work for DD, or CA or CV and such. They need to be judged from different perspectives. Overall WTR is as vague as overall any other stats.

Edited by icy_phoenix

Super Tester
1,397 posts
13,395 battles

WTR is a good indication of player skill.

Could you go check WTR formula first then ready to answer my next question?

--

High WTR means they are good (atleast in some aspects

but low WTR doesnt mean they are not as good as the higher ratings

Edited by R3negade