You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Pervis117

Strafing in low tier CVs

17 comments in this topic

291 posts
24,050 battles

Has WG addressed the issue that T5 cvs are quite often matched with t6 cvs? So Bogue or Zuiho fts have to fight opponents who can strafe them without the ability to strafe back. 

Im assuming most of you understand the implications of such a mechanic.

Im for removing manual torp and bomb drops (at least I understand why its needed) but did WG seriously not think this through ?

Edited by Pervis117

[BOTES]
Modder
449 posts
3,978 battles

but did WG seriously not think this through ?

Since when were you under the impression that WG thought through anything at all?

11 posts
3,226 battles

Im for removing manual torp and bomb drops (at least I understand why its needed) but did WG seriously not think this through ?

Personally, I think strafing should be removed from the game. Strafing is just a nonsense, and completely unrealistic. Strafing was used against ships and land based targets NOT aircraft for Gods sake.

Manual dropping should be in all levels so new comers can learn how to do it - not wait until T6 to start getting smashed (or T5 as pointed out above). If WG so afraid of Unicums putting off new players by seal clubbing, then simply halve the damage and credits earned by players with captains over 10 points (or some figure). They won't have a reason to seal club if the rewards aren't worth it.

WG really screwed up badly on this one, but are too arrogant (or stupid) to acknowledge it.

Super Tester
1,056 posts
9,187 battles

Has WG addressed the issue that T5 cvs are quite often matched with t6 cvs? So Bogue or Zuiho fts have to fight opponents who can strafe them without the ability to strafe back. 

Im assuming most of you understand the implications of such a mechanic.

Their justification was that "you get a T6 CV as well". Good luck with that when your T6s will be morons.

291 posts
24,050 battles

Their justification was that "you get a T6 CV as well". Good luck with that when your T6s will be morons.

with one sentence you've convinced me to stop buying doubloons indefinitely :)

Beta Tester
1,175 posts
7,754 battles

Manual dropping should be in all levels so new comers can learn how to do it - not wait until T6 to start getting smashed (or T5 as pointed out above). If WG so afraid of Unicums putting off new players by seal clubbing, then simply halve the damage and credits earned by players with captains over 10 points (or some figure). They won't have a reason to seal club if the rewards aren't worth it.

New players used to get smashed at Tier 4 when faced with an experienced veteran CV player (and there were lots of those). It was pretty bad, and with virtually no anti-air on ships at that tier they could demolish entire teams. At least now new CV players have a chance to get the hang of the basics against real opponents (as opposed to Co-Op, which doesn't teach useful PvP tactics at all).

The fear that aspiring CV captains will be completely unprepared when they reach Tier 6 now - being ignorant of Alt Attacks - is pretty unfounded. They'll learn the same way we all did: by having it done to us; by watching replays; by reading up on tactics; and so on. Nothing has really changed and there has always been high tier CV players who seem oblivious to the use of their Alt key. Whether you make it available at 4 or 6 or wherever else, most will quickly learn and some will never learn.

Also, I'd wager that most seal clubbers don't do it for the rewards but for the win rate.

291 posts
24,050 battles

New players used to get smashed at Tier 4 when faced with an experienced veteran CV player (and there were lots of those). It was pretty bad, and with virtually no anti-air on ships at that tier they could demolish entire teams. At least now new CV players have a chance to get the hang of the basics against real opponents (as opposed to Co-Op, which doesn't teach useful PvP tactics at all).

The fear that aspiring CV captains will be completely unprepared when they reach Tier 6 now - being ignorant of Alt Attacks - is pretty unfounded. They'll learn the same way we all did: by having it done to us; by watching replays; by reading up on tactics; and so on. Nothing has really changed and there has always been high tier CV players who seem oblivious to the use of their Alt key. Whether you make it available at 4 or 6 or wherever else, most will quickly learn and some will never learn.

Also, I'd wager that most seal clubbers don't do it for the rewards but for the win rate.

You've addressed literally none of the questions I've raised in my OP. And I've raised only one.

Beta Tester
1,175 posts
7,754 battles

You've addressed literally none of the questions I've raised in my OP. And I've raised only one.

Sorry, I was responding to Don72 and not your original post. I can understand it must be frustrating for you after playing hundreds of battles in Zuiho and Bogue and then to have them suddenly de-fanged, but if they're genuinely underperforming in their current state then they'll get buffed (eventually). I'd recommend you move up to Ryujo and Independence if you're struggling to do well with Zuiho and Bogue, at least until the the upcoming CV rebalance.

123 posts
23,254 battles

CVs are capitalist objects, must stop new CV players from developing. Russki propaganda ftw!.. 
Maybe instead introduce something like " Engine Malfunction" for CV planes, which works somewhat like the detonation mechanics.. Like from time to time during fighter engagement a group would simply die out immediately from some on air malfunction or something. xD . Such fun, much engaging. :P

291 posts
24,050 battles

Sorry, I was responding to Don72 and not your original post. I can understand it must be frustrating for you after playing hundreds of battles in Zuiho and Bogue and then to have them suddenly de-fanged, but if they're genuinely underperforming in their current state then they'll get buffed (eventually). I'd recommend you move up to Ryujo and Independence if you're struggling to do well with Zuiho and Bogue, at least until the the upcoming CV rebalance.

I understand your need to feel snarky and clever but nobody in this thread is suggesting we "re-fang" zuiho and bogue or yearning for the days of seal clubbing with low tier cvs. We're discussing t5 vs t6 CV ft mechanics. Do you have anything meaningful to contribute to that discussion?

[LNA]
1,697 posts
10,550 battles

I suggest that you stop suggesting the upcomming CV overhaul. Will it work , or will it break the game some moar? No one knows. Wait till it become reality then judge

[151ST]
1,027 posts
4,713 battles

Personally, I think strafing should be removed from the game. Strafing is just a nonsense, and completely unrealistic. Strafing was used against ships and land based targets NOT aircraft for Gods sake.

WG really screwed up badly on this one, but are too arrogant (or stupid) to acknowledge it.

It's a game not a Sim...

Like WoTs, folks always try and do the historical/RL comparison.

It's an arcade game, they use a bit of history as a basis for things. A correct interpretation would be:

"Inspired by historical and theoretical ships and battles", not "based on historical ships and battles."

Edited by S4pp3R

435 posts
6,222 battles

It's a game not a Sim...

Like WoTs, folks always try and do the historical/RL comparison.

It's an arcade game, they use a bit of history as a basis for things. A correct interpretation would be:

"Inspired by historical and theoretical ships and battles", not "based on historical ships and battles."

But when the game was release it was so good it look like a simulator, with shell ballistics, armor specs and exact ship modelling (and just range scaling) the game felt it was historically base.

However, after 2 years of re-balancing it has changed, now the game looks and feels like an arcade game, only the models are looking good now!

How players perceive games is the key to indulgence (Magog Prophetic 136.666).

Edited by BuckleUpBones

11 posts
3,226 battles

But when the game was release it was so good it look like a simulator, with shell ballistics, armour specs and exact ship modelling (and just range scaling) the game felt it was historically base.

However, after 2 years of re-balancing it has changed the game to look and feel like an arcade game, only the models look good now!

How players perceive games is the key to indulgence.

+1 from me. From my perspective, I would like to see the game become less arcady and more real life. It has so much potential, however is being intentionally dumbed down which is a real shame. Personally, I've lost a lot of enthusiasm for the game because if this.

Which also ties into OP's concerns. Having such a disjunction between T5 and T6 really throws the game even more deeply into the arcade realm.

Super Tester
813 posts
3,912 battles

I understand your need to feel snarky and clever but nobody in this thread is suggesting we "re-fang" zuiho and bogue or yearning for the days of seal clubbing with low tier cvs. We're discussing t5 vs t6 CV ft mechanics. Do you have anything meaningful to contribute to that discussion?

Unraveler only intends to help you. A person can answer or reply to other answers/replies in a thread and is not limited to answering the OP as long as the subject does not stray too far from the title/OP. He is telling you that tier 4 and tier 5 CVs are weaker and were "defanged" by the alt attack removal.