Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Burnt_Out_Koalas

I know I'm a potato

13 comments in this topic

307 posts
6,412 battles

Okay before people start to bag and say git gud, Der i know that and Der yes i am trying to improve my game hence why i ask for advice but I think some people need a swift boot up the butt.

So yesterday, i was playing with a person who had teamspeak and all was good couple of games then i took the Benson out, we tiered up to T10 and i guess i struggled, still scored more than he did but i just could'nt do anything with this ship as radar, spotters and hydro and frankly no support.  When i fired I had 4 ships fire back and i got smashed and i just vented OMG i hate this ship it just doesn't seem to do anything i wanted and i spent all game running from shots, slow torps, bloom guns very little i could do.  So he told me i have no idea how to play DD's or more to the point US DD's and he pointed out all the things i did wrong, i went are you for real?  He said you need to get out in front and smoke us up (which did but then hydro was turned on and on) I told him i did that and every time i was getting smashed by at least 4 ships and he said your job is to get out in front and keep spotting even if you die .... i went there is no fun in that i want to shoot and torp if i can.  Well US DD's are not for torping and all you need to do is keep avoiding shots.  OMG i said mate these are T10 Cruisers and when you have 4 of them shooting nothing is going to stop them from hitting you at 8kms.  So he told me i was a shite player basically.   Anyway i decided to just ignore it and the next game i played with my Win/Win Leningrad it was a utter shocker .... yep i sent torpedoes to an island while he was already dead and watching me, any reason why you fired torps into an islands?  OMFG he got into my head and it made me the worst potato i have ever been.  

The crazy thing was only earlier yesterday i had one of the best games

My best game_stats.jpg

and i told him, but he said that is not how to play a US DD

Sims.jpgMy best game_credits.jpg

You shoot from range WASD hack and you take on DD's and you spot for everyone else that's it.    I said well thats boring and i wouldn't play DD's if that is all i am supposed to do. 

So how does one play Benson when they are playing T10 .... and you are getting smashed by 4 cruisers?

Thank you in advance.

My best game_credits.jpg

Sims.jpg

My best game_stats.jpg

Edited by Burnt_Out_Koalas

[LBAS]
4,466 posts
25,606 battles

So how does one play Benson when they are playing T10 .... and you are getting smashed by 4 cruisers?

high tier, heavy fire power, small ship always be the first victims

1,174 posts
10,495 battles

First thing first.. what he said was right as per the USN DD play style but the situation was wrong... you just cannot play aggressive with a T8 DD in T10 match (Of course Khabha is an exeption)...

I shout at the Division mates, I won't say I never did that but I try being reasonable when I do that... now I'm curious who did that PM me his name...

Edited by Aaditya_AJ

307 posts
6,412 battles

First thing first.. what he said was right as per the USN DD play style but the situation was wrong... you just cannot play aggressive with a T8 DD in T10 match (Of course Khabha is an exeption)...

I shout at the Division mates, I won't say I never did that but I try being reasonable when I do that... now I'm curious who did that PM me his name...

16 torp hits in one game with usn DD says otherwise...but yes i know usn DD are not torp ships.

1,174 posts
10,495 battles

16 torp hits in one game with usn DD says otherwise...but yes i know usn DD are not torp ships.

One game doesn't make up for the whole line or the ship itself... Sometimes you can get 2 solo caps and 7 torpedo hits in Gneisenau that doesn't make Gnei a DD right?

And I'm saying he was right about USN DD or lets say DD play style and you were right in the situation you both were in...

Yeah PM me his name :teethhappy:

Edited by Aaditya_AJ

1,105 posts

T8 againts T9 still can carry...... T8 againts T10 are howling sheet..... 

deal 80~110K damage againts T10...... useless.... since Yamato or other BB have 99K HP......

well, at least...... AND FINALLY SUNK THE YAMATO!!!

here my advice, got DIVISION... a division will make T8 MM LESS T10 ship, and the most awesome somebody to play teamwork.

yesterday i got division and GOT  a lot of win streak or win..... when we separate, the MM start trolling by giving a lot of T10 enemy with a lot of enemy team having DD with AADF (LEL GEARING) and my team..... lel.....

seriously, DD with AA build is exist??

520 posts
11,127 battles

Nice!  Good job Captain!.. If i were in your shoes... during that time, Benson against Tier 10 cruisers.. id play passively.... Ill Prioritize Spotting, capping if possible, torping and Smoke/AA support ( My Benson is using AA Build).  This is not impossible as I encounter Tier 9 and 10 Ships in Benson and Z23 All the time.  

One main advantage of Benson is the 5.8 Concealment and good maneuverability.  Id use that to my advantage

If my teamates can drive away pesky counter capping DDS.... then i can cap:)  

Edited by kultabashi

[MEGA]
4,562 posts
17,552 battles

depends on whether your team are potatos or not, if they are not, then you aggro smoke, lay torps for area denial, scout and lead the team to victory, if they are potatos, then you either you farm as much damage as you can or just be a skumbag and spam torps at range (2nd tatic only works with sims, blacks and fletcher), run and gun isnt worth it unless you see a BB that just used DCP, or if you took IFHE for whatever reason

307 posts
6,412 battles

One game doesn't make up for the whole line or the ship itself... Sometimes you can get 2 solo caps and 7 torpedo hits in Gneisenau that doesn't make Gnei a DD right?

And I'm saying he was right about USN DD or lets say DD play style and you were right in the situation you both were in...

Yeah PM me his name :teethhappy:

Well if i get 16 torps every game haha i would be a unicorn... no i know one game, my point is USN dd can use torps and well.  That game was situational,  i smashed a DD in the centre and broke through the middle to find a juicy T8 CV 16kms away...i stealth torped him early in the game...it made a huge diff in the torp count.

Edited by Burnt_Out_Koalas

1,105 posts

( My Benson is using AA Build).

howling sheet, DD with AA build ARE REAAAAL!!! damned yesterday matches..... 3 DD have AADF, i have hard time dealing with it -_-

MUST RUSH TO HAKURYU!!!!!

1,107 posts
7,840 battles

High tier DD fighting are more dependant on ships behind the DD,

Bassicly the team that provide better cover for their DD would control the tempo.

at early game, you play spotting game with opponent DD. do your best so your team can melt enemy DD before you melt

after that you can start farming damage. as US DD you should not put much hope doing devastating alpha strike, you only need 1 Flood to force enemy damage control. pop up smoke then burn them with US fast firing gun, it would be most favorable tactics - so bassicly you only need 1 torpedo to hit

at low tier you can get away doing torpedoing, run and gunning opponent ships without attracting much return fire.

at high tier, everyone within 12km or even 15km from you would start hammering shells upon your punny ships if you detected.

Generaly, at high tier Everyone know the importance of DD and therefore placed on top of threat list.

and high tier ships were railgun equiped, their shell travel fast and have no problem hitting DD, not to mention some of them can spew 12 shells per salvo.

Moskva is the most dangerous IMO. even on Khabarovsk, evading those shells can be tricky

Edited by humusz

520 posts
11,127 battles

RE REAAAAL!!! damned yesterday matches..... 3 DD have AADF, i have hard time dealing with it -_-

Lol! Yeah!  All my US DDs run with Defensive AA.. BUT... Specked out... FLETCHER at tier 9 will have the best AA capabilities over ALL US destroyers, even Gearing cannot surpass Fletcher and will loose by 4 points (with Flag)

Benson with AA.. will ensure that it can survive much longer... but the trade off is it will have less guns.  It may not shoot down that many planes,, BUT.... at-least there is a chance that DB or TB will miss Benson when targeted.

Sign in to follow this