You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
limjf04

CV newbie need lots of help

8 comments in this topic

98 posts
230 battles

Finally grinded my langley (yay) had 2 games in it first one was ok second one uhh.... finished middle of the team.

I noticed the extreme lack of planes stock with only 2 replacements for each, the planes are quite slow and gets deleted by tier 5 AA.

I also want to ask how do you zoom back into normal ship view? I know it's pretty pointless but I would like to know. And the interface is too zoomed in for me how do I zoom a little bit out?

Any other tips and tricks please list down below, appreciated. 

[LNA]
1,666 posts
10,491 battles

Press Z

You should really learn to avoid needless sacrifiece in a

CV as it is very punishing for a US carrier in particular. I advise you to stop at either Independence or Ranger as tier VIII+ carriers are broken mechanic.

You will meet AA cruisers that down squads at max range faster than you can order a retreat without loss , meet cv sore losers like me who have played for a long time and more experienced than you and meet dd that will juke at your attacking attempts or facing Manual AA lovers that you simply cant attack even if that thing is the last one on the battlefield as well as horde of IJN squads flying around.

98 posts
230 battles

Looking at the content only approves that.

Now that I realise CV is so underpowered. Think of it, Langley biplanes die to WW1 batlleship AA in WOWS. Fairey Swordfish BIPLANES managed to drop 2 torps on the BISMARCK in real life.

WG....

[LNA]
1,666 posts
10,491 battles

BISMARCK in real life.

WG....

Real life has nothing to do with the game balance you know , btw , Bismark was more or less caught off guard during the raid and WW2 until late in the war has trouble hitting attacking planes even with thousands of shells flinging towards them. The Axis was never able to overcome this problem while the Allied invente VT fuzes

1,386 posts
8,248 battles

Finally grinded my langley (yay) had 2 games in it first one was ok second one uhh.... finished middle of the team.

I noticed the extreme lack of planes stock with only 2 replacements for each, the planes are quite slow and gets deleted by tier 5 AA.

I also want to ask how do you zoom back into normal ship view? I know it's pretty pointless but I would like to know. And the interface is too zoomed in for me how do I zoom a little bit out?

Any other tips and tricks please list down below, appreciated. 

1. Get the hull upgrade for more hanger capacity

2. Press 1 to select your ship, and press Z to use the ship view. Use your mouse scroll to zoom in/out

Super Tester
1,056 posts
9,028 battles

Looking at the content only approves that.

Now that I realise CV is so underpowered. Think of it, Langley biplanes die to WW1 batlleship AA in WOWS. Fairey Swordfish BIPLANES managed to drop 2 torps on the BISMARCK in real life.

WG....

Believe me when I say that T4-T5 is the playground for CVs (in terms of how bad the AA is). T6+ you get manual attacks but trust me... you will feel the nasty bite of AA.

98 posts
230 battles

Believe me when I say that T4-T5 is the playground for CVs (in terms of how bad the AA is). T6+ you get manual attacks but trust me... you will feel the nasty bite of AA.

A Konig deleted my torp and bomber squadron I already felt it

Although I want fighter strafe so badly