You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
xscore

As an inherently team-based game (another we-need-team/clan-battles rant)

10 comments in this topic

Super Tester
458 posts
7,194 battles

World of warships is an inherently team-based game.  You 1v1 players probably less than 5% of the time, no matter what class you are in.

In random battles one gets to learn how to use their own ship/planes to help their team win (hopefully).  You learn to coordinate with your team, telling your team what to do and (hopefully no need to tell them) what not to do.  You try to play to your team's advantage (hopefully) so as to help win the game.

In ranked battles one does the same, except this time the players are matched based on skill level instead of completely random like in randoms.

However, there is limit to the enjoyment one can obtain when one coordinates with teammates to win the game (and many times you don't due to things like rookie mistakes in T10 from your teammates), or when your division carries the match.  Sometimes you just find yourself wanting that little bit more, wanting to gain the satisfaction of actually winning the game against competent opponents, instead of steamrolling noobs on Friday evenings or getting steamrolled (and getting no xp).

Thus, WG should seriously seek to quickly implement some form of competitive match mode.  I mean as someone who has spent like over $500 on this game, I still feel like taking a break to play another game because I rarely find satisfying games against skilled opponents, and this is mostly due to the nature of random battles.  Likewise for ranked (which is slightly better but you still don't know everyone in your team).  Why no clan battles? Why no MMR?

I mean, learning to coordinate with random pubbies to win games is a great feeling, but it usually doesn't work.  Perhaps only 1 in 6 games when I do get like 2-3 teammates who know what they are doing and I can communicate and coordinate with them in chat I have great games, but most other times its either steamrolls, getting steamrolled (while farming damage), or some back-breaking team-carrying because your team loves to feed.  I find some satisfaction in the former games, but isn't WG just missing out on allowing its skilled playerbase to enjoy the game more through team/clan battles?

tl:dr where is clan battles WG? do you want your skilled playerbase to find another game to play?

Super Tester
813 posts
3,912 battles

World of warships is an inherently team-based game.  You 1v1 players probably less than 5% of the time, no matter what class you are in.

In random battles one gets to learn how to use their own ship/planes to help their team win (hopefully).  You learn to coordinate with your team, telling your team what to do and (hopefully no need to tell them) what not to do.  You try to play to your team's advantage (hopefully) so as to help win the game.

In ranked battles one does the same, except this time the players are matched based on skill level instead of completely random like in randoms.

However, there is limit to the enjoyment one can obtain when one coordinates with teammates to win the game (and many times you don't due to things like rookie mistakes in T10 from your teammates), or when your division carries the match.  Sometimes you just find yourself wanting that little bit more, wanting to gain the satisfaction of actually winning the game against competent opponents, instead of steamrolling noobs on Friday evenings or getting steamrolled (and getting no xp).

Thus, WG should seriously seek to quickly implement some form of competitive match mode.  I mean as someone who has spent like over $500 on this game, I still feel like taking a break to play another game because I rarely find satisfying games against skilled opponents, and this is mostly due to the nature of random battles.  Likewise for ranked (which is slightly better but you still don't know everyone in your team).  Why no clan battles? Why no MMR?

I mean, learning to coordinate with random pubbies to win games is a great feeling, but it usually doesn't work.  Perhaps only 1 in 6 games when I do get like 2-3 teammates who know what they are doing and I can communicate and coordinate with them in chat I have great games, but most other times its either steamrolls, getting steamrolled (while farming damage), or some back-breaking team-carrying because your team loves to feed.  I find some satisfaction in the former games, but isn't WG just missing out on allowing its skilled playerbase to enjoy the game more through team/clan battles?

tl:dr where is clan battles WG? do you want your skilled playerbase to find another game to play?

As Sub has stated many times on the reddit Q&A, Clan battles are being developed. ETA: Soon™.

Super Tester
989 posts
4,319 battles

As Sub has stated many times on the reddit Q&A, Clan battles are being developed. ETA: Soon™.

welp we all know which clan will be at the top. no need to say. We can predict the top 10 Clans :D

[SIF]
Super Tester
3,830 posts
4,110 battles

welp we all know which clan will be at the top. no need to say. We can predict the top 10 Clans :D

Until they change max clan sizes lets see how long it takes players to burn out doing CW every night.

[OZPRT]
Beta Tester
26 posts
2,006 battles

There needs to be something like Navyfield, some kind of huge reward for people to fight out over once a week. 

[MEGA]
4,563 posts
17,552 battles

im guessing RTD, ZOO or VOR