Sign in to follow this  
karl0ssus1

Equipment descrption bug

15 comments in this topic

Alpha Tester
523 posts
217 battles

The current description for the main battery modification currently says that it increases aim and reload time. Thats kinda the opposite effect that you'd be looking for in a piece of equipment.

u12RZne.jpg

Alpha Tester
523 posts
217 battles

Am I literally the only person here who understands that a faster aim is a decreased aim time, and that this is a UI bug?

[PANZA]
Senior Moderator
820 posts
932 battles

Read it like this : the speed of aiming is 15 % faster i.e the speed has increased, and thus the aim time has decreased. The loading time is 10 % Slower, i.e. The loading time has increased.

Alpha Tester
523 posts
217 battles

Read it like this : the speed of aiming is 15 % faster i.e the speed has increased, and thus the aim time has decreased. The loading time is 10 % Slower, i.e. The loading time has increased.

The topic isnt "What does this do", its "This piece of equipment isnt correctly described in the UI". If the equipment is intended to decrease aim time, then thats what the description should say. Or, seeing as by "aim time" they actually mean rotation speed, say an increase in rotation speed. Its about clarity, making sure that people can interpret its functionality easily.

Beta Tester
183 posts
5,186 battles

so you want to change the description to "-15% main battery aiming time" instead of "+15% main battery aiming speed".................

either way it's the same dude.......... or should I teach you some physics???? :teethhappy:

Distance = Speed x Time  (if distance is constant.... therefore every increase in speed = reduce in time)

ST Coordinator
2,325 posts
2,196 battles

I've already mentioned this during the Weekend Beta.

A better suggestion is than modifications(Upgrades) have a indicator of increase or decrease displayed by color like in Module Upgrade.

Main Battery Modifications 2:

+10% Increased Loading Time

+15% Main Battery Aiming Speed

~edited red pen is reserved for Mods/GMs/Devs

Chappo

Edited by Chappo

Alpha Tester
523 posts
217 battles

so you want to change the description to "-15% main battery aiming time" instead of "+15% main battery aiming speed".................

either way it's the same dude.......... or should I teach you some physics???? :teethhappy:

Distance = Speed x Time  (if distance is constant.... therefore every increase in speed = reduce in time)

Its things like this that make me want to reach through the computer and slap someone. 

I want it to have a clearer description rather than the lost in translation version currently implemented. If you'd actually read what I said, it was either -15% aim time or +15 rotation speed, because the current wording does not get the point across quite as easily.

Although trying to explain elementary physics to someone completing a science degree is kinda amusing. Teach your grandmother to suck eggs?

Beta Tester
183 posts
5,186 battles

Its things like this that make me want to reach through the computer and slap someone. 

I want it to have a clearer description rather than the lost in translation version currently implemented. If you'd actually read what I said, it was either -15% aim time or +15 rotation speed, because the current wording does not get the point across quite as easily.

Although trying to explain elementary physics to someone completing a science degree is kinda amusing. Teach your grandmother to suck eggs?

Chill out dude.......... I didn't mean to be rude to you...........

The moderator has spoken........ so just wait what the dev will gonna do about it..............

Alpha Tester
523 posts
217 battles

Chill out dude.......... I didn't mean to be rude to you...........

The moderator has spoken........ so just wait what the dev will gonna do about it..............

Next time try to actually read and understand what been written instead of acting smug?

FYI, its only three full stops in an ellipsis...

Alpha Tester
523 posts
217 battles

Totally agree with Karl, 20 of us Alpha testers said the same thing, but guess its a Russian translation thing.

So they know, they just havent got around to dealing with it (probably). Cool. Can someone lock this so I dont have to explain it again to any more people?

Edited by karl0ssus1