Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
BunnyDragon

Ishizuchi Help

12 comments in this topic

425 posts

Hi, I'm having a really bad problem with OverPens in the Zucunni.

Loving the ship, but I'm overpenning everything!  Shoot a cruiser at 8km in the center near the water line, and 7 overpens.  

What's up?  I checked the shot speed and it's lower than the Kaiser, and I've never really had this problem with the Kaiser.  

What am I doing wrong?  I know I am in this case, but what is it?  

No, sorry I can't show replay as my computer is a potato, but I might be able to do screenshots. I'll try for those, but no promises.  

Thank you everyone.

980 posts
12,617 battles

You shouldn't be over penning.. You may need to aim lower, closer to the waterline. 

You can always switch h to your broken HE and burn everything. Like the Kaiser's a.k.a. Tier 4 barbeque

294 posts
2,997 battles

Love my Ishizuchi to pieces. Yes it has the overpenning issue put mostly I have that at ranges. At short range, you just need to aim at the waterline right below the turrets or boilers.

460 posts
8,352 battles

Ah the old Itchy zucchini quite a fun ship.

It really depends on the ship you're shooting at, I'd expect over pens on anything French or  British easily as they have little armour. Use HE on these for best effect. Incidentally HE is a great choice for shooting BBs when you have trouble getting good damage on them as well.

On the other hand you should easily citadel many of the other cruisers, typically you want your shells to land around the water line under their funnels. It takes a little practice and is easiest when they present a flat broadside to you, but once you get the hang of it you'll be deleting cruiser all over the place. If they are angled at all it becomes much harder but still possible, usually it's best to switch to HE when that happens.

Beta Tester
21 posts
8,095 battles

You load HE and blast everything you see, then watch them burn to death.

You see Cruiser from under 12km, you load AP and send them to bottom sea. (in this case, French baguette may be an exception).

425 posts

It takes a little practice and is easiest when they present a flat broadside to you,

Have done that, overpens, even around the waterline center in the funnels.  

You load HE and blast everything you see, then watch them burn to death.

Will have to try this next time I get to take her out.  

Cause I've been overpenning bbs too!  That's been on the bow section, keep hitting that and not the center for some reason, (might be too much lead, found out that she has higher muzzle speed than my tier 7 and 8 bbs!)

30 posts
6,507 battles

I  don't think you are over penning

The AP rounds are '"defective historically "" and shatter on everything

I have NEVER fired AP from those guns

She is a great ship (even before the range increase )

Edited by ipoopdmeself

425 posts

Thanks for the help everyone.

Been trying out the he on things with the ship.

Has been working better overall than the ap.  Go figure, it puts the cruiser in battle cruiser.  :sceptic:

Oh well, having fun burning everything.:D

Burn Baby Burn!

15 posts
8,418 battles

If you really want to be slightly evil in this ship --- shoot HE badly at some cruisers till they get within 8km range then switch to AP and wait for the broadside. So much fun Dev Striking them as they turn to torp you not expecting the shell switch.

Must shout in All chat : Glory to the Emperor! as you do it too

294 posts
2,997 battles

I love getting within 10 kms of a BB and then use those great gun angles to stay angled to the enemy while the target presents me a broadside out of panic. AP at BB in close ranges =  citadel galore. Doesn't change the fact that the rounds shatter more than normal on BB and overpenn on CA, like a LOT. It is a miracle Ishizuchi is a fun ships with so many limits on her including the non existent AA.

15 posts
8,418 battles

Yeah she is a fun HE spammer, damage dealer. The CV nerf at T4 has also given her a big boost as those dam SealClubbing 19pt Langley captains would always go straight for you once spotted.

Gonna take her out for a spin tonight 

Sign in to follow this