Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Aniket_Sengupta

T22 wrong AA rating

13 comments in this topic

181 posts
4,257 battles

The T22's AA specifications appear to include its 105mm main guns and hence put up a rating of 23 while in reality it should be the same as Ernst Gaede which is 12 or may be even 11 because of lesser number of guns and more vulnerable to getting knocked out. I think the reason for this error is the fact that most of the KMS ships(other than DDs) are equipped with the dual purpose 105mm L65 canons which add to both secondary artillery and AA defence. The game is currently treating all of the german 105mm as the same it seems though in different codenames.

Edited by Aniket_Sengupta

Super Tester
1,310 posts

The T22's AA specifications appear to include its 105mm main guns and hence put up a rating of 23 while in reality it should be the same as Ernst Gaede which is 12 or may be even 11 because of lesser number of guns and more vulnerable to getting knocked out. I think the reason for this error is the fact that most of the KMS ships(other than DDs) are equipped with the dual purpose 105mm L65 canons which add to both secondary artillery and AA defence. The game is currently treating all of the german 105mm as the same it seems though in different codenames.

well

Tear-22 main gun are Double Penurpose guns. 

so yeah. those gun are also categorized as AA guns. and ofc. shootng the plane too.

181 posts
4,257 battles

well

Tear-22 main gun are Double Penurpose guns. 

so yeah. those gun are also categorized as AA guns. and ofc. shootng the plane too.

Seriously? if so, does it work only when using manual AA perk or automatically. But then again that will be absurd, suppose enemy planes approaching you < 4.5km and you're already using the 105mm guns to shoot down some DDs or cruisers. How is that even possible? :amazed:

Super Tester
1,310 posts

well..

All AA guns work automatically

AA works as aura. so the guns does't actually needed to track/follow the plane. anyplane that enter the range of ur AA aura will automatically got shoot (well whether ur AA guns will shoot down something or not is different matter)

any dual purpose gun is NOT animated when they are shooting plane (but they do shoot at plane). this is intentional, to make sure that the animation is not disturbing any ship to ship combat animation.

Dual Purpose = can be use for ship to ship combat. and for AA duty

well u can see those dual purpose guns in many ship. mostly as big ship secondary guns

in some DDs they also mounted main guns that is also dual purpose guns(USN DD line from tier 6 and up, T-22/z-46/z-52, mutsuki/akizuki/shima, ogne/uda/groz/khaba)

some cruiser also use DP guns as their main guns (flint/lolanta/mino/neptune)

181 posts
4,257 battles

in some DDs they also mounted main guns that is also dual purpose guns(USN DD line from tier 6 and up, T-22/z-46/z-52, mutsuki/akizuki/shima, ogne/uda/groz/khaba)

I have only played up to the Nicholas in USN DD line but I must say that the above statement is completely incorrect especially for T-22 which does not shoot planes beyond 3.5km in game despite what the AA specs suggest. My understanding is that the T-22 has been grossly neglected so much so that such a basic goof up is still present half a year since its release. I think someone must report this so that it gets fixed with the correct rating in the upcoming patch. Again this doesn't concern changing the ship's attributes as even the game mechanics doesn't treat the 105mm main guns as dual purpose ones and shouldn't either. 

420 posts
20 battles

DP main gun :

1. affected by manual AA

2. shooting at planes automatically if 1 is not the case

3. it will shoot plane even when you're firing, because it is just aura

4. AA range is as far as listed on AA tab

If you can shoot other ship as far as 10km, doesn't make your gun shoot planes at 10km too. It will obey the range listed on AA tab.

5. In game animation showing them shooting to planes are scarce

6. Same gun at different tier has different AA value, for balancing purposes

You'll know your DD equipped with DP main gun when it also down at your AA list.

Edited by Zwelivelle

181 posts
4,257 battles

^ Have you even played the T-22? or even have an idea about its layout. Play the ship yourself in game and you'll understand. I want to hear from those who actually played the ship or completed the grind. Anyone?

420 posts
20 battles

^ Have you even played the T-22? or even have an idea about its layout. Play the ship yourself in game and you'll understand. I want to hear from those who actually played the ship or completed the grind. Anyone?

Ha ? I have Z-23 already. I also posted my video with T-22 before
Edited by Zwelivelle

181 posts
4,257 battles

Guess you forgot to cross check its specs with in game performance then. And its not graphics alone by which I'm drawing my conclusion, when a ship starts shooting planes its detectability increases among other things to consider. I have done my homework here. You need to do it too.

1,107 posts
7,844 battles

Seriously? if so, does it work only when using manual AA perk or automatically. But then again that will be absurd, suppose enemy planes approaching you < 4.5km and you're already using the 105mm guns to shoot down some DDs or cruisers. How is that even possible? :amazed:

Are you sure, the 105mm Aura not functioning ?

AA animation and effect are mostly joke, especialy the long ranged one which barely barely noticable - especialy on DD

even Akizuki, one must squint their eyes so hard while using microscope to notice it

its like 1 tracer every 90s or so.

The absence (or lack) of Animation plus Low DPS, might make people think its not working

181 posts
4,257 battles

1. Be it joke or whatever the animation is only triggered when planes are less than 3.5km not 4.5km(which is the range for the 105mm guns mentioned in the AA section).

2. Planes get down pretty effectively for a DD of this tier when within 3.5km range, Between 4.5km and 3.5km, no planes are downed, ever !

3. When planes are within 3.5km AAs trigger and detection ring expands on minimap. When between 4.5km and 3.5km, none this happens...

Don't tell me now that the ship is invisi-firing aircrafts with its 105mm guns and the lack of animation is just another coincidence.

420 posts
20 battles
View PostAniket_Sengupta, on 03 May 2017 - 01:07 PM, said:

See ? This is better to explain what you want.

Pointing to the very core of what you need is basic, and powerful.

And i wish you don't attack people who spent some time to answer your question.

Please be civil.

And much better if you could provide screenshot or video.

Since i'm already in, i made this special for you.

I bought back T-22, and this video.

You could ask this at bug section.

Skip to 2:50 to see the moment she fires at 4.5km.

Watch the mini map.

Yellow rings are AA, dashed ring is concealment.

Sorry about the recording quality, X-box DVR is not good....

720p seems to be my max cap of video resolution when i upload vids to YT.

Well 4k vid uploaded to YT, although still shows as 720p, it will give better, less jaggy picture.

Sign in to follow this