You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Soloun

Udaloi Dmg Issue?

4 comments in this topic

[AMPOL]
Beta Tester
176 posts
6,412 battles

Anyone having odd damage against their DD's?

I had a few games tonight where the damage displayed when hit was about half of what got removed from my HP. I thought I was imagining it but it happened several times, just curious if others have seen this or it's a known new feature for DD's? To help balance them I mean.

One game I was 16k and took a single salvo for 3.3k displayed and my HP dropped to 9.4k. Seemed fair as I was in a DD and all but odd just the same. I was surprised I didn't detonate even with the flag on.

Seriously though is this just a lag issue or have others seen this? Sorry if it's already known and all that. 

[LNA]
1,655 posts
10,411 battles

What shells are they using?
AP shell can go through multiple sections of the ship to damage multiple time if it goes along the length of it ( hitting the superstructure overpen then hitting the hull inside and pen)
This is especially noticable if you are in a german dd or a ship that has multiple layer of armor slapped onto each other.
Plunging fire from bb are very dangerous for this very reason, and this is also the reason why CA may receive a critical hit when they are bow on as shell go through the superstructure and pen then citadel hit the citadel armored box

HE explode on contact therefore wont damage multiple time.

Torps will damage more cause they have a splash area and will cause damage to multiple sections if they hit the joint area. You generally cant control which area the torp will hit even with a manual aimed cv though.

Edited by legionary2099

43 posts
759 battles

Anyone having odd damage against their DD's?

I had a few games tonight where the damage displayed when hit was about half of what got removed from my HP. I thought I was imagining it but it happened several times, just curious if others have seen this or it's a known new feature for DD's? To help balance them I mean.

One game I was 16k and took a single salvo for 3.3k displayed and my HP dropped to 9.4k. Seemed fair as I was in a DD and all but odd just the same. I was surprised I didn't detonate even with the flag on.

Seriously though is this just a lag issue or have others seen this? Sorry if it's already known and all that. 

I think some of displaying dmg was out of your screen/it simply wasn't displaying. Anyway, ask Support to help you, probably they can help to solve this problem.

[AMPOL]
Beta Tester
176 posts
6,412 battles

Yea just curious if anyone else had seen it, it may be lag at my end or something /shrug.