You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
ahwai82

Losing streak

31 comments in this topic

[LYNMF]
990 posts
11,558 battles

some say when going thru losing take a break or change ships, none of this works for me

so i tried play 3 different ship in different tier with different players and all end up lose

to me feels like a pre-determined system, some day you or me must lose so some others win to keep everyone happy..i mean can't have a pool of players keep winning and this is bad for player base as others that keep losing would quit

to add i'm by no means super awesome player or even i'm a bad player, i know the role of the ship i play and i don't do stupid things

anyway just my opinion, i know i know some will disagree and bash me so go ahead

294 posts
2,997 battles

I somewhat have the same experience. Not saying that it is predetermined or something because well, I don't know. But some days are definitely worse than others. I just change tiers first and if that doesn't work either, I just quit for the day.

29 posts
8,309 battles

Happily I've just had the opposite experience.  Over Saturday and Sunday with my Tirpitz I won 24 games more than I lost.  I played a lot of battles because I wasn't game to stop.  It made for a very late night (early morning).

It took my WR in the Tirpitz from around 40% to 51% This included a 9 game winning streak.  So lucky.

[LYNMF]
990 posts
11,558 battles

I somewhat have the same experience. Not saying that it is predetermined or something because well, I don't know. But some days are definitely worse than others. I just change tiers first and if that doesn't work either, I just quit for the day.

that is why it got me thinking if it's predetermined or not in a sense how would some day i keep winning but another day would lose

not that we play with the same players every single day, everytime its different ship different player

Happily I've just had the opposite experience.  Over Saturday and Sunday with my Tirpitz I won 24 games more than I lost.  I played a lot of battles because I wasn't game to stop.  It made for a very late night (early morning).

It took my WR in the Tirpitz from around 40% to 51% This included a 9 game winning streak.  So lucky.

we all have our glory days where we do great and keep winning then suddenly will lose whole day long, just makes us wonder why

1,174 posts
10,495 battles

Why does this happen... but for some reason I could have been able to keep a steady progress with my WR

mB6IPsc.png

and What I think is never play when server has below 4k players which means lot of times MM just says meh I don't even have to look I'll matchup any 12 against any 12...

And I now a days division a lot because I found more fun in that way.. I get into game find someone on Discord WoWs group division with them...

980 posts
12,617 battles

some say when going thru losing take a break or change ships, none of this works for me

so i tried play 3 different ship in different tier with different players and all end up lose

to me feels like a pre-determined system, some day you or me must lose so some others win to keep everyone happy..i mean can't have a pool of players keep winning and this is bad for player base as others that keep losing would quit

to add i'm by no means super awesome player or even i'm a bad player, i know the role of the ship i play and i don't do stupid things

anyway just my opinion, i know i know some will disagree and bash me so go ahead

I'm also on a crappy losing streak right now. 

But I think I know the reason. 

I'm playing a lot of new ships that I'm not familiar with or still have no idea how to play e.g. Dmitri Donskoi, Neptune, Duca D'Aosta, Emile Bertin, etc.

I play them much more these days over ships I used to play well and be quite familiar with. 

Makes sense for my win rate and damage output to decline. 

However, still sad to see my win rate drop from 60% to 30% and average damage output drop by 20k :(

Maybe OP has new ships in his inventory. 

11 posts
3,177 battles

To me it's the same as flipping a coin. Sometimes you'll get a lot of heads in a row, sometimes a lot of tails in a row, and sometimes it alternates between the two.

[RANZN]
32 posts
2,127 battles

Like you I've had a bad run of loses lately.

Go play another game for a while.

War Thunder, where you can fly planes or takeout tanks or World of Tanks:- tanks.

It worked for me, came back got a new ship. It's a new toy. Go play Co-Op club some BOTS.

[LYNMF]
990 posts
11,558 battles

kill 3..fight 4 ship on my own dodge torps from cv..fight dd..fight cruisers..fight bb all with my scharny and lost

fight a edinburgh dodge all its torps, being set on fire by atago plus dodge all the torps, cap and kill a yugumo all on a colorado and lost

support team..support capping..do all in one.. ^ persistence and effort........................:(

[LYNMF]
990 posts
11,558 battles

Unraveler is the WINNER!!!!!

i mean in losing streak :trollface:

checking the score some on the enemy team score way lower than me, so much luck getting the xp for not doing anything

Beta Tester
1,167 posts
7,453 battles

Unraveler is the WINNER!!!!!

Thankyou, thankyou. I'm so proud to accept this award here today. I'd like to thank Wargaming, and the academy, and the constant enemy unicum divs - thankyou all so much for making this happen. I promised myself I wouldn't cry...

[151ST]
1,010 posts
4,495 battles

I remember one week I averaged a 20% winrate over 40-odd games...

Now however I rarely have that issue. If I've lost a couple I just jump onto my BBs (IJN).

Even in a Kawachii I usually carry. And my Fuso generally dominates 9/10 games... Love that thing.

It hurts cause my heart is with IJN DDs/CAs but I think I need to accept I'm a BB main and stick with it, at least till IJN DDs are competitive again.

Beta Tester
823 posts
4,955 battles

Life teaches you that persistence and effort will lead to eventual success. 

World%20of%20Warships%208_05_2017%2011_3

But World of Warships disagrees. 

I was in your match last night and I won... and I did basically nothing... I killed a fletcher, capped a point... we won.

In the match earlier I did 181k dmg in the fletcher, capped 2 points, lost by a huuuge margin. :s

Its weird like that, do nothing, win (first win of the day), carry hard...lose big

I find ignoring stats entirely and playing for the word (funsies) makes you play better because you arent forcing it.

2,217 posts
13,673 battles

Life teaches you that persistence and effort will lead to eventual success. 

World%20of%20Warships%208_05_2017%2011_3

But World of Warships disagrees. 

Blame the hierarchy that keeps promoting these captains even though they keep losing. :medal: Thomas Griffiths need to be demoted. :D

[LYNMF]
463 posts
10,355 battles

I've just come to accept that being a potato is the best I can do.

DzG5ccb.jpg

wow!! very similar to my trashcan and kamikaze experience last week :great:

suddenly my losing streak doesn't feels so bad

the only place I can get winning streak nowadays is at ptserver :facepalm:

WG, can I move my account on ptserver permanently 

2,217 posts
13,673 battles

To OP.

Along same lines others have said. Swings & roundabouts. I find the best way to break a losing streak is to change your style of play, eg from aggressive to defensive or the other way around. That being said you can't carry every game so if luck (mm) doesn't favor you then there is no chance. If you play well enough then it will average out in your favor over time.

[LYNMF]
990 posts
11,558 battles

To OP.

Along same lines others have said. Swings & roundabouts. I find the best way to break a losing streak is to change your style of play, eg from aggressive to defensive or the other way around. That being said you can't carry every game so if luck (mm) doesn't favor you then there is no chance. If you play well enough then it will average out in your favor over time.

yea it will, at least i dont have a losing streak as bad as Unraveler lol

just that im wondering why can have a long losing streak, probably better to just dont care just play have fun no matter win or lose

2,217 posts
13,673 battles

Losing streaks come because odds are you will be matched up with those sorts of player eventually. I usually find that during a losing streak there might be as many as 50% of the battles that were only thrown because of some silly mistake in the last few minutes. There is nothing you can do to stop them from happening other than making sure you are not the one being silly (but that still happens sometimes :hiding:). I find one of the hardest things to do during a losing streak is to not start slipping into a mindset where you start performing worse. Staying focused can be difficult. 

[LYNMF]
990 posts
11,558 battles

Losing streaks come because odds are you will be matched up with those sorts of player eventually. I usually find that during a losing streak there might be as many as 50% of the battles that were only thrown because of some silly mistake in the last few minutes. There is nothing you can do to stop them from happening other than making sure you are not the one being silly (but that still happens sometimes :hiding:). I find one of the hardest things to do during a losing streak is to not start slipping into a mindset where you start performing worse. Staying focused can be difficult. 

I play with a calculated mind, click the battle button i'm ready to go in try to do my best my job in the ship i sail but everytime just disappointed. Not that i dont know what im doing, i help my teammate support them..try to carry hard but my effort is nothing. Like everyone else i wanna have fun winning and losing in a fun fight but it never happen all i get is a match that ended in 5min. This just keep coming everyday and it keeps being the same thing over and over makes me wonder why. Am i being rigged to lose or im being very unlucky or im the worst player ever or i have not done enough.

I dont know, just keep trying i guess until i get really sick of it and give up lol