Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
The0warrier

About Belfast

27 comments in this topic

354 posts
13,232 battles

Yeah but it is a one of a number of ships that don't appear in the tech tree even if you have them. Only way I found for them to show is using one of the Mods in Aslains mod pack

307 posts
6,429 battles

Buyfast too Op

WG! Please don't sell buyfast anymore!

They have really nerfed that ship since it was first out, I saw a video where it took out 5 DD's in less than five minutes "the Surveillance Radar" was over 90 seconds and its rudder shift was only around 5 secs, they have SR down to 25 secs and RS 7.7's even with steering mods configured so its like driving a truck and you get 2 salvos at best on the DD if you are lucky.

If you look up Belfast reviews videos on youtube and view some of the older versions you would be very surprised how they nerfed it.

I am also sure they reduced the fire chances and overall sigma values.

It is not as brilliant as it was 2 or 3 patches ago, which gets me thinking about the FLINT and BLACK ... they are major league OP .... so i wonder if they nerfed them as well?

Edited by Burnt_Out_Koalas

[LNA]
1,697 posts
10,550 battles

They have really nerfed that ship since it was first out, I saw a video where it took out 5 DD's in less than five minutes "the Surveillance Radar" was over 90 seconds and its rudder shift was only around 5 secs, they have SR down to 25 secs and RS 7.7's even with steering mods configured so its like driving a truck and you get 2 salvos at best on the DD if you are lucky.

If you look up Belfast reviews videos on youtube and view some of the older versions you would be very surprised how they nerfed it.

It is not as brilliant as it was 2 or 3 patches ago, which gets me thinking about the FLINT and BLACK ... they are major league OP .... so i wonder if they nerfed them as well?

You have to be OP to get those 2 ships u know. Their cpts are uni cumed level and therefore make them appear so.

They are stronk cause the cpt are more or less successful in the game

1,386 posts
8,365 battles

I bought Belfast last year when she was first released and I can confirm there's no change in consumables. Her radar was always 25 secs duration, the rudder was always slow and HE shells were never changed.

307 posts
6,429 battles

You have to be OP to get those 2 ships u know. Their cpts are uni cumed level and therefore make them appear so.

They are stronk cause the cpt are more or less successful in the game

Yes i know only unicorns can get the FLINT and BLACK but that makes them even more ridiculous OP compared to other ships in the same tier.   Of course you get a great feeling sinking one of them .... i have yet to do this as they are rare to see.

307 posts
6,429 battles

I bought Belfast last year when she was first released and I can confirm there's no change in consumables. Her radar was always 25 secs duration, the rudder was always slow and HE shells were never changed.

Hmmm i saw a video on a British server that had these things better .... I will try and find it and show it to you, however i can't recall when it was made.

[MEGA]
4,679 posts
18,030 battles

by the "kill 5 DDs" i assume you were taking about i chase's video on NA, and that wasnt skillful play on his part, it was just bulling a bunch of DDs that were braindead enough to charge a RNCL

Beta Tester
823 posts
5,000 battles

IIRC NA added this ship to the tech tree for purchase with doubloon, but at ASIA we can only buy her when she appears in the premium shop.

Yeah, because Asia is such an amazing server >.>

1,386 posts
8,365 battles

Hmmm i saw a video on a British server that had these things better .... I will try and find it and show it to you, however i can't recall when it was made.

Belfast's hydro is 94 seconds duration

You can install rudder mod3 in the concealment slot for a boat with surprisingly good maneuverability

Demolition Expert skill was nerfed and down-tiered in 060 new skill tree

Edited by _Halcyon

307 posts
6,429 battles

I guess i stand corrected the video i saw was from the Unicorn Ichase and it was the same as it is now, so used to the "the Surveillance Radar" being much longer than 25 secs.  I only got her the last time she was for sale so i never had it like that.  I have no issues saying I am wrong on this thx for that makes me feel better that she has been nerfed.  I guess IChase just knows how to use it better than me haha no surprises there.

[LYNMF]
464 posts
10,649 battles

I guess i stand corrected the video i saw was from the Unicorn Ichase and it was the same as it is now, so used to the "the Surveillance Radar" being much longer than 25 secs.  I only got her the last time she was for sale so i never had it like that.  I have no issues saying I am wrong on this thx for that makes me feel better that she has been nerfed.  I guess IChase just knows how to use it better than me haha no surprises there.

well, It is the fact that CCs are mostly unicum players and a whole different level compares to most of us that they usually made any ship OP in their review videos

and of course, many people still doesn't know and understand the buyfast at the time, eg. buyfast has radar, compares to today, you can just charge the smoking belfast in a BB bcoz you know buyfast don't have torps.

anyway, buyfast was first sold just in time for Ranked Battle isn't it, where it excelled ridiculously well compared to random battle now, where it is more situational

1,386 posts
8,365 battles

well, It is the fact that CCs are mostly unicum players and a whole different level compares to most of us that they usually made any ship OP in their review videos

and of course, many people still doesn't know and understand the buyfast at the time, eg. buyfast has radar, compares to today, you can just charge the smoking belfast in a BB bcoz you know buyfast don't have torps.

anyway, buyfast was first sold just in time for Ranked Battle isn't it, where it excelled ridiculously well compared to random battle now, where it is more situational

Yeah, after season 6 there's a lot more blind shooting into my smoke whenever I play RN cruisers

Guess a lot of people practiced this due to the overwhelming number of smoke camp in season 6.

Edited by _Halcyon

307 posts
6,429 battles

by the "kill 5 DDs" i assume you were taking about i chase's video on NA, and that wasnt skillful play on his part, it was just bulling a bunch of DDs that were braindead enough to charge a RNCL

Well there was skill, however i also think that the DD's back then did not know much about the Belfast so it was a learning exercise by both Ichase and the DD players.  Hell i do heaps better in the Leningrad than i do in the Belfast and the first thing i do with when i see a Belfast is not run straight at him, these DD's appeared to have no idea what the capabilities of this ship has.  I was thinking it was Surveillance Radar when he rushed them but it was in fact Hydro search and he was very close to those Destroyers ...Every time i take the Belfast out the DD's go in the opposite direction.

307 posts
6,429 battles

you can just charge the smoking belfast in a BB bcoz you know buyfast don't have torps.

Yes agreed, i have played the Buyfast in games where you just cannot get close enough to anything to do any decent damage and in other games it excels beyond belief.  Situational based on the maps and how the game plays out.  You generally see them near and island but if your support is all gone then you are dead as it does not have enough speed to get away and if you are surrounded then its good as dead its armor while prevents citadels pretty much takes full impact from any position with AP or HE shells.  So in some games it is OP but in reality against BB's or CA's it is cannon fodder.

[LYNMF]
464 posts
10,649 battles

Yes agreed, i have played the Buyfast in games where you just cannot get close enough to anything to do any decent damage and in other games it excels beyond belief.  Situational based on the maps and how the game plays out.  You generally see them near and island but if your support is all gone then you are dead as it does not have enough speed to get away and if you are surrounded then its good as dead its armor while prevents citadels pretty much takes full impact from any position with AP or HE shells.  So in some games it is OP but in reality against BB's or CA's it is cannon fodder.

even though it's squishy and situational, I still feels it's kinda unfair for a cruiser to have both radar and smoke at the same time in T7

Indianapolis at least don't have smoke 

307 posts
6,429 battles

even though it's squishy and situational, I still feels it's kinda unfair for a cruiser to have both radar and smoke at the same time in T7

Indianapolis at least don't have smoke 

OMG now that is one ship i just hate bigtime.  I really do not like sniping and it is a very easy target to hit without sniping guess its my game style.

25 posts
334 battles

Hi i am the person who post this topic

So the problem is,I bought the Atlanta.

i assume that it is an op ship but it WASN'T

i regret on my choice and i decided to buy Atago instead

Is it good?

Sign in to follow this