Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Skarhabek

just curious......Why play USN CV?

18 comments in this topic

1,105 posts

people always complain about USN CV being need revamp and IJN CV always better..... WHY NOT PLAY IJN CV from the start? if nobody play USN CV, WG will notice and then REVAMP the USN CV line!

alright, the question is "why playing USN CV? what is it advantage that make you decide to play USN CV?"

just saying, langley is soo good (try it myself)....

Lexington AA is STROONG againts IJN CV snipe. for the rest of my life, i am never sunk the lexington by myself. and bogue, ultimate Air supremacy almost lose most of the time, and Saipan? still stronger than Kaga..... and independence can become decent with it stock loadout, most ryujo running strike so fighter still 1vs1. for ranger...... well.... buy saipan and then Free XP to lexi :V

but after Essex and Midway, i dunno.... they said stock Essex are stronger than Meepo and Midway is BB and DD smasher.....

[LNA]
1,660 posts
10,438 battles

It is a noob trap, more often than not , USN has better aircraft rating while being overall more inferior. That is acdamn misconception that WG used to lure freshmen to tru then stay away. That rating does not take into account turn around time advantage from stealth and rearm time , airborne squadrons at anytime, flexibility to implement more devilish tactic , squadron revival time, plane speed , launch and assemble duration and plane manual aim.
Superior planes mean nothing if you win the fight to lose the war.
I play US line to test myself and endure the hate and ugliness of imbalanced to better myself b4 the revamp that may break the game even some more.

The only niche the US have is better DB that deal more while being tougher , much more useful to kill something your torps cant and if your enemy is using terrain to deny optimum drop angle. Their FT is not that much more stronger against IJN FT and unless you catch both of their squad in one strafe you will lose the sky sooner or later due to the stupidly long rearm and return time

Edited by legionary2099

294 posts
2,997 battles

CVs are broken. US more than IJN but both are broken. I wanted to play the US line but had to choose IJN for their torping abilities. Pretty much had no other choice since even though US can get clear skies effortlessly on first 2 tiers, they are basically useless to the team once enemy CV is shutdown. I'll sit on Ruijo I think. Not much reason to go uptiers as the AA becomes more and more ridiculous as you go.

Super Tester
2,500 posts
1,535 battles

Well, let's cut the tree down.

Tier IV and V are bananas because of the manual drop/strafe removal.

Langley is alright, the fighter rage superiority, the DBs have a fairly small circle and the TBs are great against players that lack situational awareness

and for those that still remember how TBs worked pre-manual drop. (Hooray for us 50 or so active alpha players)

AS Bogue is great, but with the gigantic DB drop circle that could still miss with five Yamatos next to each other it's damage potential is greatly reduced.

Independence is in a great spot, her balanced loadout is capable of fending off both AS Ryuujou and Independence,

while she heavily punishes Strike loadouts by still retaining a single fighter squadron. (Plus due to the length of the grind most players

will obtain their 10pt captain here and a 7 fighter squad is all Independence needs)

Meanwhile her TBs and DBs manual drop any unguarded target into the nether faster than you can say "/$"§$/"§%!.

Tier VI is where, in my opinion, US CVs are at their finest without the nonsense stupidity that is called high tiers as extra baggage.

The only downside is that every now and then you'll have to put up with being Saipan'd while your stock Ranger/Hiryuu is busy doing 0.1 apm.

Ranger is in a decent spot with her AS loadout, she can easily outplay all other three CVs of the same tier.

AS Saipan can be a handful to deal with, but it pretty much evens itself out for as long as both players are at a similiar skill level.

The obvious downside is that AS Ranger can only do so much damage wise, in my opinion she's best played in a division with two quite aggressive

BB players. (Gneisenau/Scharnhorst, anyone?)

This means that there's an easy route towards and away from the frontline within an allied AA bubble while adding some

extra damage and dots on enemy BBs with her DBs.

And those DBs can pour down a lot of hurt if aimed correctly.

As for the tier VIII+ CVs... lol... if I wanted to play unfinished parts of a game I'd download a demo.

That's what high tiers are atm, a demo of the full game, to be released in the future or when hell freezes.

[151ST]
1,013 posts
4,521 battles

CVs are in a horrible place.

I don't want to say this but the game is better off without them atm.

The AS loadouts and ship AA have made them redundant.

You can have 14 USN fighters in 2 wings vsing 4 IJN fighters in 1 wing at tier 5 and the various loadouts are imba right through the tiers.

Loadouts should basically be a variation between bomber type numbers and the wing size difference needs to be removed.

And they've removed manual/strafe at tiers 4 and 5, which removes any ability to out skill your opponent to compensate.

Essentially don't play CVs, just put them on the shelf until they fix them...

Edited by S4pp3R

1,196 posts
2,883 battles

You play USN CV to see the proof of War Gaming's anti USN CV and Pro IJN CV policy, simple as that.

There is no reason to play ANY USN CV (Minus Saipan) because IJN CV are just miles ahead of you in every category. Just forget it. War Gaming hates USN CV and they don't want them to be competitive. All CV players from OBT/CBT knows about this issue.

1,340 posts
8,848 battles

I like to play all ship lines so that's my reason. Plus I get to learn first hand what the strengths and weaknesses are.

USN do have a few advantages. Namely sturdier planes and bigger squadrons. DFAA is slightly less effective against USN TB squadrons than IJN squadrons because of this.

980 posts
12,617 battles

I like to play all ship lines so that's my reason. Plus I get to learn first hand what the strengths and weaknesses are.

USN do have a few advantages. Namely sturdier planes and bigger squadrons. DFAA is slightly less effective against USN TB squadrons than IJN squadrons because of this.

YES. It is a knowledge thing. makes you a better player. 

Also, a six-torpedo broadside into a enemy ship is always satisfying to drop. 

26 posts
3,447 battles

Because they don't want to win the game. Why would you play USN CV while IJN CV is much better, and has more flexible aircraft control? Because they don't want to win the game, and that's all.

346 posts

I just play them because I was watching battle 360 (USS Enterprise - A fighting city of steel !!! ), then by the time i got to the first bad CV (i.e. Independence) I wasn't bothered to start again until recently (when I tried honsho (pre removal of drop and saw that it was good)) , by then I was just so used to the large reserves of the fleet carrier.

30 posts
6,538 battles

Basically USN CV is strong, yes they are, but WG or Lesta too afraid to buff up the planes too much while in high tier theres plenty of AA and DFAA. 013 in lex for example, sure they are devastating but they have to rely on your ally soo much that it makes you are not in control of anything. If the enemy is piling up or moving in a fleet, yeah good luck getting your planes near em. Another problem with USN CV is the long reload time and harsher punishment for losing squad and your squad is few. Saying USN CV in high tier is OP, try to play it solo not in div, then you see her weakness shines brighter than the sun itself. In low tier shes dominating, the reason is, almost no DFAA, AA arent that great on all ship in low tier except several of em, no manual.

[LNA]
1,660 posts
10,438 battles

Unless there's change recently, tier to tier, USN have stronger FTSQ that almost equal 2 IJN FTSQ.

This does not hold true in later tiers. The only thing US FT are better at is having slightly better hp and more plane in the squad. IJN FT nearly catch up to them in prowness were it not for their lower plane per squad. At later tier your 1 squad will never win a 2 v 1 unless you catch both of them in 1 strafe due to stupid WG design that let balanced IJN outclass USN in both strike and air superiority loadout

Sign in to follow this